U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Which choice best describes you?
latino/hispanic, and FOR illegal immigrants/amnesty 4 4.71%
latino/hispanic, and AGAINST illegal immigration/amnesty 14 16.47%
NON-latino/hispanic, and FOR illegal immigrants/amnesty 9 10.59%
NON-latino/hispanic, and AGAINST illegal immigration/amnesty 58 68.24%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-11-2008, 01:34 PM
 
3,712 posts, read 5,709,656 times
Reputation: 1285

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
I think all sides of the debate have those who need to keep their childish and moronic behavior in check.

Honestly, I think there are more hard-lined anti-illegals who come in here with emotional outbursts and slinging insults (Un-American, Stupid, Law-Breaker, 3rd Worlder, "Go back to Mexico if you like em so much"). However, I admit there are those who only know how to retort with the word "racist".

What we need is to ban those people who make the conversation into a street fight.
If you break the law, you deserve the title of lawbreaker. If you are a citizen of a Third World country, why should you not be referred to as a Third Worlder?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-11-2008, 01:37 PM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 23 days ago)
 
Location: Denver
9,060 posts, read 15,467,286 times
Reputation: 5288
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
If you break the law, you deserve the title of lawbreaker. If you are a citizen of a Third World country, why should you not be referred to as a Third Worlder?
Nobody here debating this deserves to be called lawbreaker or a 3rd worlder, unless you know they are. I am talking about insults that I have received before, either in a post or when Negative-reps were around. Lately JDubsMom labeled me a couple derogatory names "dreamie" and "stupid" yet they are still around.

Oh well...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-11-2008, 01:45 PM
 
Location: Surprise, Az
3,496 posts, read 8,341,703 times
Reputation: 1832
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
If you break the law, you deserve the title of lawbreaker. If you are a citizen of a Third World country, why should you not be referred to as a Third Worlder?

First of all. You label Mexico a third world nation when it is not. Just because you perceive it as so does not make you right. Look it up if you think I'm wrong...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-11-2008, 01:50 PM
 
3,712 posts, read 5,709,656 times
Reputation: 1285
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
First of all. You label Mexico a third world nation when it is not. Just because you perceive it as so does not make you right. Look it up if you think I'm wrong...
It isn't? Well, that is great news, the best news I have heard all day as a matter of fact. Because if Mexico is not a Third World country then there is absolutely NO EXCUSE AT ALL for Mexicans to be crossing illegally into the US in search of 'a better life'. (at the expense of US taxpayers) They can simply seek their better life in their own country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-11-2008, 01:58 PM
 
Location: Surprise, Az
3,496 posts, read 8,341,703 times
Reputation: 1832
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
It isn't? Well, that is great news, the best news I have heard all day as a matter of fact. Because if Mexico is not a Third World country then there is absolutely NO EXCUSE AT ALL for Mexicans to be crossing illegally into the US in search of 'a better life'. (at the expense of US taxpayers) They can simply seek their better life in their own country.
And they should do so... in a perfect world...Of course that does not exist so we are back to square one.

why are they coming.

1. we allow it (at least the people in power do)
2. we like cheap products...from radios to food. We expect the best at rock bottom prices. Well the business owner is not going to lose profit on his end...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-11-2008, 02:02 PM
 
3,712 posts, read 5,709,656 times
Reputation: 1285
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
And they should do so... in a perfect world...Of course that does not exist so we are back to square one.

why are they coming.

1. we allow it (at least the people in power do)
2. we like cheap products...from radios to food. We expect the best at rock bottom prices. Well the business owner is not going to lose profit on his end...
'We allow it, huh?'. They know damn right well they are not supposed to cross that border and they do it anyhow. Let's say a robber smashed a store window and took off once he had the cash. If you happened to walk by, would you go in and help yourself to some new clothes? Why not? No one is there to stop you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-11-2008, 02:10 PM
 
Location: Surprise, Az
3,496 posts, read 8,341,703 times
Reputation: 1832
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
'We allow it, huh?'. They know damn right well they are not supposed to cross that border and they do it anyhow. Let's say a robber smashed a store window and took off once he had the cash. If you happened to walk by, would you go in and help yourself to some new clothes? Why not? No one is there to stop you?
Obviously you don't not understand what in power means...

Sorry, buy you...I..the person random person down the street is not in power. You can try and elect someone as like minded as you but good luck. Does it look like either presidential candidate is going to make sweeping changes and tighten up the border? The answer is no...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-11-2008, 02:11 PM
 
3,712 posts, read 5,709,656 times
Reputation: 1285
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
Obviously you don't not understand what in power means...

Sorry, buy you...I..the person random person down the street is not in power. You can try and elect someone as like minded as you but good luck. Does it look like either presidential candidate is going to make sweeping changes and tighten up the border? The answer is no...
Answer the questions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-11-2008, 02:27 PM
 
Location: Surprise, Az
3,496 posts, read 8,341,703 times
Reputation: 1832
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
'We allow it, huh?'. They know damn right well they are not supposed to cross that border and they do it anyhow. Let's say a robber smashed a store window and took off once he had the cash. If you happened to walk by, would you go in and help yourself to some new clothes? Why not? No one is there to stop you?
We allow it because we as a group of people elected officials who benefit from it...and Nothing is going to change with the two new people up for election. like most elections in the past years..your damned if you do and your damned if you don't.


Quote:
If you happened to walk by, would you go in and help yourself to some new clothes? Why not? No one is there to stop you?
No. I would not go in (Religious reasons, the way I was raised by my parents)...

But lets not kid ourself..there are plenty of people who would...there are plenty of people who would do it even after they said they wouldn't...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-11-2008, 02:56 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
We allow it because we as a group of people elected officials who benefit from it...and Nothing is going to change with the two new people up for election. like most elections in the past years..your damned if you do and your damned if you don't.




No. I would not go in (Religious reasons, the way I was raised by my parents)...

But lets not kid ourself..there are plenty of people who would...there are plenty of people who would do it even after they said they wouldn't...
.........and, all the more reason to close/lock our southern border and have nationwide employer sanctions laws that are enforced-----to reduce the temptation for all parties involved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top