Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 12:22 AM

3,172 posts, read 6,752,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
No Manny, FIRED because I couldn't speak Spanish to the illegals. I was a foreman, remember?

BTW, your snide side is really blatant tonight.
Good thing mine only comes out occasionally right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2008, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisp444 View Post
Aren't many of the Minutemen black? I don't know much about the Minutemen but have heard that many of their members are Mexican-American and that there are several active black members too.
From what at least I have seen, most of the Minuteman protesting in California are white, sometimes bringing along a Ray Herrera, or a Lupe Moreno, or a Ted Hayes.
They especially seem to love bringing out Ted Hayes. He's a funky looking black dude that is very outspoken. And also hates muslims.

Old 08-13-2008, 12:43 AM

2,065 posts, read 3,593,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
From what at least I have seen, most of the Minuteman protesting in California are white, sometimes bringing along a Ray Herrera, or a Lupe Moreno, or a Ted Hayes.
They especially seem to love bringing out Ted Hayes. He's a funky looking black dude that is very outspoken. And also hates muslims.
And since most of the country is white, I guess you've managed to say absolutely NOTHING...

Old 08-13-2008, 12:57 AM

Quote:
And since most of the country is white, I guess you've managed to say absolutely NOTHING...
I think a mostly white group in a mostly Latino region(LA) says a lot.

Old 08-13-2008, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
I think a mostly white group in a mostly Latino region(LA) says a lot.
Just goes to prove that ethnicity trumps citizenship in our 'Raza'...

Old 08-13-2008, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Just goes to prove that ethnicity trumps citizenship in our 'Raza'...
whoa you lost me

Old 08-13-2008, 01:40 AM

638 posts, read 1,848,618 times
Quote:
Considering the 'average' illegal alien participates in identity theft, employment fraud, etc. I think criminal is an apt description.
Thank you.

Law and taxes aren't sexy, but they've got teeth.

Kick the dog.

Employer
If the employer is in collusion with the illegal aliens to pay them as sub-contractors instead of employees to skirt laws regarding payroll tax and withholding, this is called "conspiracy", and not only is it "tax fraud" at the Federal level (nice folks, IRS), but any State Department of Revenue would also rule this as "tax fraud" if they have "unemployment compensation" or "state payroll taxes", etc.

Additionally, if "worker's compensation insurance", is required in that State, the employer has also commited "insurance fraud" if they are proved to be employees, and not sub-contractors. Add other Federal law re: knowingly hiring illegal aliens who are not authorized to work in this country, not to mention those States who have enacted laws to punish employers.

I can think of more but they are non-criminal charges.

Employee
I'd have to look into "i's and t's" of tax law whether an illegal alien can be tried for Income Tax Fraud . . (nice folks, IRS), when conspiring with their employer to skirt employment law and being hired as sub-contractors.

If illegal aliens have been hired as employees, in no uncertain terms, they are using a fraudulent social security number to work in this country, and that is a Federal Crime, "identity theft".

It's a bit off-topic, but you might look at the fraud illegal aliens comitted when they bought property in this country using EIN's instead of Social Security Numbers applying for mortgages. The mortgage brokers who conspired with them also committed fraud . . loans were then sold, i.e, to Freddie Mac, etc. The large financial institutions in the country in this country probably have had a vested interested in not deporting illegal aliens with mortgages. It's not sexy, but a watchdog could root out illegal aliens and their co-conspirators this way too.

Granted, I'm not a lawyer, but I think you are correct. This isn't like bending rules. All of this "is" criminal activity, and therefore, any employment of an illegal alien in this country is rightly viewed, as criminal activity.

Last edited by r601020; 08-13-2008 at 01:57 AM..

Old 08-13-2008, 01:58 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,159,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Try again.

Said illegal 'immigrant' needs to be deported and his employer punished as well.

USA for Americans and green card holders------------not lawbreaker border crossers.
An appropriate punishment would be to have the employer deported as well.

I'd also deport the stockholders, and the board of directors.

That just might be enough to create a chilling effect on illegal immigration.

Old 08-13-2008, 06:03 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,747,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisp444 View Post
Aren't many of the Minutemen black? I don't know much about the Minutemen but have heard that many of their members are Mexican-American and that there are several active black members too.
There are like 3 black minutemen .

Old 08-13-2008, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
There are like 3 black minutemen .
And you know this how??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration