U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 08:36 AM

3,859 posts, read 9,190,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
From what at least I have seen, most of the Minuteman protesting in California are white, sometimes bringing along a Ray Herrera, or a Lupe Moreno, or a Ted Hayes.
They especially seem to love bringing out Ted Hayes. He's a funky looking black dude that is very outspoken. And also hates muslims.
Ahh using the race card again I see. Yes mostly white minutemen have their few token non-white members that they bring out for photo-ops Only white people are for securing our borders and sending illegals home

And by the way-no one "brings out" Ted Hayes. He has been an activist for different things for many years. Also amc- he "hates" muslums? I think that you need to back that up with proof if you are going to make an accusation like that. Ted is a great man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2008, 09:29 AM

25,107 posts, read 34,433,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
There are like 3 black minutemen .
The source for your information please?

From my PERSONAL OBSERVATION - there are far more than 3 -

Old 08-13-2008, 09:33 AM

8,575 posts, read 6,109,345 times
I think I have a solution that won't draw any blood. the taser cannon.

Old 08-13-2008, 09:35 AM

4,800 posts, read 7,703,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
There are like 3 black minutemen .
Three? And you've come to this conclusion, how?

Out of the twenty or so Minutemen that I know personally, seven are black, five are Mexican American. If you use these figures as a representative sample, then that would indicate that it is feasible to assume that the Minutemen are much more integrated than those who know absolutely nothing about the organization other than what they allow themselves to be force fed by the media and other unreliable sources realize.

BTW, amc760--NOBODY, and I mean NOBODY, "brings out" Ted Hayes. Ted is very much his own man. Ted hates no one, no not even Muslims. Ted is one of the few Christians I've ever known in my life who actually lives his beliefs. You shouldn't point the accusing finger at people you don't even know.

Oh, and it is not in the least bit bigotted or racist for you to assume that people like Lupe Moreno, Ray Herrera, and Ted Hayes are nothing more than figureheads to be trotted out at will and put on display by white Americans to further a cause, is it.....

Last edited by Kele; 08-13-2008 at 09:51 AM..

Old 08-13-2008, 10:39 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,844,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisp444 View Post
Not necessary, Benicar.
Oh, but it was. Last night amc deliberately antagonized this board with his passive-aggressive behavior. He reveled in it. Pacifying passive-aggressive behavior only encourages more. We are not here to be his punching bag. I’m sorry if my response offended you.

Old 08-13-2008, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
Ahh using the race card again I see. Yes mostly white minutemen have their few token non-white members that they bring out for photo-ops Only white people are for securing our borders and sending illegals home

And by the way-no one "brings out" Ted Hayes. He has been an activist for different things for many years. Also amc- he "hates" muslums? I think that you need to back that up with proof if you are going to make an accusation like that. Ted is a great man.
You are absolutely correct!

Apparently, I missed the "white-only" memo. I'm sure Ted Hayes and millions of other like-minded blacks did as well. Who knew?

Old 08-13-2008, 10:58 AM

7,020 posts, read 9,914,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Oh, but it was. Last night amc deliberately antagonized this board with his passive-aggressive behavior. He reveled in it. Pacifying passive-aggressive behavior only encourages more. We are not here to be his punching bag. I’m sorry if my response offended you.
Agreed. Funny Mach 50 doesn't even whimper when that takes place, but the minute one of us strikes a nerve the whining and threats of having one of us banned begins.

Old 08-13-2008, 11:05 AM

16,092 posts, read 35,855,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r601020 View Post
Thank you.

Law and taxes aren't sexy, but they've got teeth.

Kick the dog.

Employer
If the employer is in collusion with the illegal aliens to pay them as sub-contractors instead of employees to skirt laws regarding payroll tax and withholding, this is called "conspiracy", and not only is it "tax fraud" at the Federal level (nice folks, IRS), but any State Department of Revenue would also rule this as "tax fraud" if they have "unemployment compensation" or "state payroll taxes", etc.

Additionally, if "worker's compensation insurance", is required in that State, the employer has also commited "insurance fraud" if they are proved to be employees, and not sub-contractors. Add other Federal law re: knowingly hiring illegal aliens who are not authorized to work in this country, not to mention those States who have enacted laws to punish employers.

I can think of more but they are non-criminal charges.

Employee
I'd have to look into "i's and t's" of tax law whether an illegal alien can be tried for Income Tax Fraud . . (nice folks, IRS), when conspiring with their employer to skirt employment law and being hired as sub-contractors.

If illegal aliens have been hired as employees, in no uncertain terms, they are using a fraudulent social security number to work in this country, and that is a Federal Crime, "identity theft".

It's a bit off-topic, but you might look at the fraud illegal aliens comitted when they bought property in this country using EIN's instead of Social Security Numbers applying for mortgages. The mortgage brokers who conspired with them also committed fraud . . loans were then sold, i.e, to Freddie Mac, etc. The large financial institutions in the country in this country probably have had a vested interested in not deporting illegal aliens with mortgages. It's not sexy, but a watchdog could root out illegal aliens and their co-conspirators this way too.

Granted, I'm not a lawyer, but I think you are correct. This isn't like bending rules. All of this "is" criminal activity, and therefore, any employment of an illegal alien in this country is rightly viewed, as criminal activity.
I know a citizen can get into serious trouble for lying on a loan application or hiding cash from the IRS.

Old 08-13-2008, 11:15 AM

3,368 posts, read 10,299,269 times
Re: Minutemen. It makes the "pro-illegal" side look bad to imply that this is a racist or white supremecist group which only uses "token people of color" to hide this. It's yet another sad way to inject race into this whole debate, and further deviates us from working towards solutions. I might anger some people by saying this, but I think the biggest racists in this whole fight are the people who chant "go back to Europe" and insist that Mexicans with indigenous blood have a racial right to live in this country. There are some racists on both sides, but the above really gets my blood boiling.

Old 08-13-2008, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisp444 View Post
Re: Minutemen. It makes the "pro-illegal" side look bad to imply that this is a racist or white supremecist group which only uses "token people of color" to hide this. It's yet another sad way to inject race into this whole debate, and further deviates us from working towards solutions. I might anger some people by saying this, but I think the biggest racists in this whole fight are the people who chant "go back to Europe" and insist that Mexicans with indigenous blood have a racial right to live in this country. There are some racists on both sides, but the above really gets my blood boiling.
Kudos!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or