U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 11:56 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,003,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
So people who have worked all their adult lives at a certain trade should just pack it up because the illegals are here to do it now? You really are a piece of work, amc.

A disgusting piece, but a piece nonetheless.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
Your sanctimonious attitude really shows in this post, amc. How dare you tell people who've been displaced by illegal labor to "stop crying". The operative word is ILLEGAL, you ignorant twit. In other words, if everybody OBEYED the law, the job wouldn't have been lost.

Can you comprehend that simple fact, or is that too much of a stretch for your pinhead? I'd really start telling you what a POS you are right now, but your own post proves my assertion without me having to say another word!

Wow, thats a whole lot of personal attacks, Guy, haha.

Anyways, my point is, where theres a will theres a way. Life ain't fair.
I agree, Americans who are qualified deserve to be hired before an illegal immigrant any day. But the problems there, and for your sake, you got to adapt instead of being a bitter government cheese eater.

You seem smart enough, Guy(at least smart enough to turn on a computer and register for city-data). If things were to get rough for your current job situation, whats stopping you from going back to school and getting a better trade?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2008, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Your true colors are showing in Panavision, Technicolor and 3-D. Any benefit of the doubt I may have reserved, has dissipated with your obnoxious gloating at the despair of decent hard-working US citizens. I’m too much of a lady to say what I’m actually thinking.

I bet a person could chill their drink with what flows through your veins. You, amc, are the personification of hate.
It keeps me cool in the Cali heat.

Old 08-13-2008, 12:00 AM

3,640 posts, read 4,314,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Wow, thats a whole lot of personal attacks, Guy, haha.

Anyways, my point is, where theres a will theres a way. Life ain't fair.
I agree, Americans who are qualified deserve to be hired before an illegal immigrant any day. But the problems there, and for your sake, you got to adapt instead of being a bitter government cheese eater.

You seem smart enough, Guy(at least smart enough to turn on a computer and register for city-data). If things were to get rough for your current job situation, whats stopping you from going back to school and getting a better trade?
What is stopping those illegals you love so much from going back home, their country of origin, and bettering themselves there instead of just taking from our country?

Old 08-13-2008, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
What is stopping those illegals you love so much from going back home, their country of origin, and bettering themselves there instead of just taking from our country?
People hiring them.

Old 08-13-2008, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Thanks for the laugh.

Old 08-13-2008, 12:02 AM

Quote:
People hiring them.
No, it is the fact that they are not a moral person in that they have no regard for our laws and no respect for the people of our country.

BTW, the employers should be tarred and feathered in my opinion.

Old 08-13-2008, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
No, it is the fact that they are not a moral person in that they have no regard for our laws and no respect for the people of our country.

BTW, the employers should be tarred and feathered in my opinion.
Well take it up with them.

Easy as 123. Stop hiring illegals, they'll stop coming.

Its not about morals. Theres nothing immoral about crossing man-made lines to get a job, or to live in another country without documents.

Its against the law, and yeah, the law is there for a reason. But its not a moral issue.

I have nothing against illegal immigrants solely for being illegal immigrants. Its an issue that needs to be dealt with, but I'm not going to be angry and hate a group of people for what our own government has allowed, and for the employers doing the hiring.

Old 08-13-2008, 12:09 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,834,008 times
Quote:
I bet it does. Remember, he who laughs last, laughs best.

Old 08-13-2008, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Well take it up with them.

Easy as 123. Stop hiring illegals, they'll stop coming.

Its not about morals. Theres nothing immoral about crossing man-made lines to get a job, or to live in another country without documents.

Its against the law, and yeah, the law is there for a reason. But its not a moral issue.

I have nothing against illegal immigrants solely for being illegal immigrants. Its an issue that needs to be dealt with, but I'm not going to be angry and hate a group of people for what our own government has allowed, and for the employers doing the hiring.
It is a moral issue, especially when you know damn well that you just being in this country is causing the problems it does for the citizens here. Oh yeah, it damn well is a moral problem. I would never dream of going to a country illegally and then break any and all laws I wanted. In the first place Mexico is not starving.

Old 08-13-2008, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I bet it does. Remember, he who laughs last, laughs best.
Yeah I'll be sure to remember that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or