U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 11:15 PM

3,172 posts, read 5,998,873 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
It is a moral issue, especially when you know damn well that you just being in this country is causing the problems it does for the citizens here. Oh yeah, it damn well is a moral problem. I would never dream of going to a country illegally and then break any and all laws I wanted. In the first place Mexico is not starving.
It is not a moral issue. It is a man-made line.
Learn the difference between a moral and a law.
And the majority of illegals in this country are not running around "breaking any and all laws they want". If thats true, all 10 million of them would be locked up like the ones you read about.

And yes, there are people in Mexico living in extreme poverty. Read a book.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2008, 11:17 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,176,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
And the majority of illegals in this country are not running around "breaking any and all laws they want". If thats true, all 10 million of them would be locked up like the ones you read about.

A large part of morality is the willingness to obey the law...

Old 08-12-2008, 11:21 PM

3,640 posts, read 4,311,227 times
Quote:

When one breaks any man-made law then one has consciensly made the descision to do something they know is wrong, hence morals. We have all had moral lapses but the illegals don't even try to hide theirs anymore and all they do is demand more for their lapses of moral judgement. Having too many children when one can't afford them is also a moral issue. You are the one who does not seem to understand what the word moral means. But then I don't expect you to since you care more about illegal criminals instead of caring about the citizens of America.

There are very few starving in Mexico and I don't need to read a book since I have mucho family in that country. You are the one who needs to quite your spinning of facts. Have you ever seen someone starving? I have and you should look at the people of Africa with the descended stomachs and all. That is starvation.

Old 08-12-2008, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
What is that? Some kind of fascist ideology?

Old 08-12-2008, 11:22 PM

3,640 posts, read 4,311,227 times
Quote:
Exactly correct but he refuses to admit that fact. he can't admit that because then it would show his lack of morals for caring more about criminals than his own countrymen.

Old 08-12-2008, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
When one breaks any man-made law then one has consciensly made the descision to do something they know is wrong, hence morals. We have all had moral lapses but the illegals don't even try to hide theirs anymore and all they do is demand more for their lapses of moral judgement. Having too many children when one can't afford them is also a moral issue. You are the one who does not seem to understand what the word moral means. But then I don't expect you to since you care more about illegal criminals instead of caring about the citizens of America.

There are very few starving in Mexico and I don't need to read a book since I have mucho family in that country. You are the one who needs to quite your spinning of facts. Have you ever seen someone starving? I have and you should look at the people of Africa with the descended stomachs and all. That is starvation.
So when you go 5 mph over the speed limit on the freeway, or download a song off the internet, youre going to hell, huh?

And everyone knows poverty is the worst in Africa, but did you know theres poverty OUTSIDE of Africa? Shocking, huh?
Why don't you go live in some of the slums of Mexico. Its not that bad, its not Africa or anything. Better than paying a fortune for a house in the United States.

Old 08-12-2008, 11:29 PM

Quote:
So when you go 5 mph over the speed limit on the freeway, or download a song off the internet, youre going to hell, huh?

And everyone knows poverty is the worst in Africa, but did you know theres poverty OUTSIDE of Africa? Shocking, huh?
Why don't you go live in some of the slums of Mexico. Its not that bad, its not Africa or anything. Better than paying a fortune for a house in the United States.
That's a strawman argument that's been used ALL THE WAY UP.

Try something new for a change, Mr. Amorality...

Old 08-12-2008, 11:29 PM

3,368 posts, read 10,279,932 times
AMC: knowingly breaking a law is, in many cases, immoral.

Anonymous Political Junky: In all fairness, we DO NOT attach the label of "criminal" to anyone who breaks the law. To all of us speeders, line cutters, jaywalkers and the like out there, I have never heard people refer to us as "criminals." Criminals rape, kill, and rob. Crossing a border illegally is AGAINST THE LAW and breaking a law is morally wrong in many cases, but I would not just call the average illegal alien a "criminal."

Old 08-12-2008, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisp444 View Post
AMC: knowingly breaking a law is, in many cases, immoral.

AnonymousePoliticalJunky: In all fairness, we DO NOT attach the label of "criminal" to anyone who breaks the law. To all of us speeders, line cutters, jaywalkers and the like out there, I have never heard people refer to us as "criminals." Criminals rape, kill, and rob. Crossing a border illegally is AGAINST THE LAW and breaking a law is morally wrong in many cases, but I would not just call the average illegal alien a "criminal."
Considering the 'average' illegal alien participates in identity theft, employment fraud, etc. I think criminal is an apt description.

Old 08-12-2008, 11:35 PM

3,368 posts, read 10,279,932 times
Quote:
Considering the 'average' illegal alien participates in identity theft, employment fraud, etc. I think criminal is an apt description.
I possess no statistics that indicate to me that the median illegal immigrant has stolen someone's identity, so I'll have to disagree. I know that this happens a lot, but is it so common that the average illegal immigrant has done it? I'm going to guess that no. Sure, SOME illegal immigrants ARE criminals but I wouldn't say that in general.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or