U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2008, 12:36 AM

2,065 posts, read 3,179,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisp444 View Post
I possess no statistics that indicate to me that the median illegal immigrant has stolen someone's identity, so I'll have to disagree. I know that this happens a lot, but is it so common that the average illegal immigrant has done it? I'm going to guess that no. Sure, SOME illegal immigrants ARE criminals but I wouldn't say that in general.
Then how are all these illegals getting PAID?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2008, 12:39 AM

3,172 posts, read 6,007,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
Being hired by the employers who didnt want to hire you because you werent illegal. Remember?

Old 08-13-2008, 12:40 AM

4,800 posts, read 7,703,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
So when you go 5 mph over the speed limit on the freeway, or download a song off the internet, youre going to hell, huh?

And everyone knows poverty is the worst in Africa, but did you know theres poverty OUTSIDE of Africa? Shocking, huh?
Why don't you go live in some of the slums of Mexico. Its not that bad, its not Africa or anything. Better than paying a fortune for a house in the United States.

Did you know that in America, more American children live below the poverty level than in any other industrialized country in the world?

If your motives are a truly altruistic as you would have the rest of us believe, if compassion is what motivates you, then I want you to explain to me what entitles Mexico's people to our compassion over the rest of the world's poor, over our own starving children? Its proximity to our southern border?

Today in Africa, approximately 2,500 children died. Tomorrow another 2,500 will die. The day after that another 2,500 children will die. Every day of every week of every year--children will die from starvation, from a lack of clean water, and from the diseases which are brought on by both. Why are they not deserving of a place in American society?

There is no doubt that many of Mexico's people are poor. But there is poor and then there is abject, without hope, destined to die a slow and agonizing death, poverty. Why should the United States continue to receive unchecked, all of Mexico's poor and uneducated?

The following is a list of the fifty poorest countries on the plantet. Please note that Mexico is nowhere to be found on this list: Afghanistan, Angola, Bangladesh, Benin, Bhutan, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Democratic Republic of Congo, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gambia, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Haiti, Kiribati, Laos, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Maldives, Mali, Mauritania, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nepal, Niger, Rwanda, Samoa, São Tomé and Príncipe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, Sudan, East Timor, Togo, Tuvalu, Uganda, Tanzania, Vanuatu, Yemen, Zambia.

If human compassion is your motivation, (which I highly doubt) then people from these fifty countries should be priority. I guarantee that they will be much more grateful for the opportunity to "improve" their lives than our current crop of illegals aliens, and I'm sure that they will be just as easy to exploit for slaves, so no loss to big business either.

Mexico is a country rich in resources, unlike the majority of countries named above. If its people were to ever get a dose of backbone and hold those in power accountable for their actions, Mexicans wouldn't need to illegally squat in U.S. territory, illegally sucking up U.S. resources and U.S. taxpayer dollars.

Please note that I use Mexican illegal aliens as an example because you seem to believe that their relative poverty (relative to the rest of the world's huddled masses) entitles them to waltz across our southern border at will because "Hey, they're poor!"

Old 08-13-2008, 12:41 AM

3,368 posts, read 10,299,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
In cash/under the table.

Old 08-13-2008, 12:41 AM

55,237 posts, read 72,596,336 times
deportation is a meaningless term if there are no secure borders specifically san ysidro still no completion of fence. the political pressure to retard the project is enormous. should have been completed years ago.

Old 08-13-2008, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Did you know that in America, more American children live below the poverty level than in any other industrialized country in the world?

If your motives are a truly altruistic as you would have the rest of us believe, if compassion is what motivates you, then I want you to explain to me what entitles Mexico's people to our compassion over the rest of the world's poor, over our own starving children? Its proximity to our southern border?

Today in Africa, approximately 2,500 children died. Tomorrow another 2,500 will die. The day after that another 2,500 children will die. Every day of every week of every year--children will die from starvation, from a lack of clean water, and from the diseases which are brought on by both. Why are they not deserving of a place in American society?

There is no doubt that many of Mexico's people are poor. But there is poor and then there is abject, without hope, destined to die a slow and agonizing death, poverty. Why should the United States continue to receive unchecked, all of Mexico's poor and uneducated?

The following is a list of the fifty poorest countries on the plantet. Please note that Mexico is nowhere to be found on this list: Afghanistan, Angola, Bangladesh, Benin, Bhutan, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Democratic Republic of Congo, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gambia, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Haiti, Kiribati, Laos, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Maldives, Mali, Mauritania, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nepal, Niger, Rwanda, Samoa, São Tomé and Príncipe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, Sudan, East Timor, Togo, Tuvalu, Uganda, Tanzania, Vanuatu, Yemen, Zambia.

If human compassion is your motivation, then people from these fifty countries should be priority. I guarantee that they will be much more grateful for the opportunity to "improve" their lives than our current crop of illegals aliens, and I'm sure that they will be just as easy to exploit for slaves, so no loss to big business either.

Mexico is a country rich in resources, unlike the majority of countries named above. If its people were to ever get a dose of backbone and hold those in power accountable for their actions, Mexicans wouldn't need to illegally squat in U.S. territory, illegally sucking up U.S. resources and U.S. taxpayer dollars.

Please note that I use Mexican illegal aliens as an example because you seem to believe that their relative poverty (relative to the rest of the world's huddled masses) entitles them to waltz across our southern border at will because "Hey, they're poor!"
But when I say stuff about poverty in Chicano and Black neighborhoods, I get called a crybaby.

Also, 99 percent of this forum is devoted to issues regarding Mexicans. So thats what I'm going to discuss. How you get that I think they are entitled to more than any other group in this world, I have no idea.

Old 08-13-2008, 12:42 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,844,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisp444 View Post
I possess no statistics that indicate to me that the median illegal immigrant has stolen someone's identity, so I'll have to disagree. I know that this happens a lot, but is it so common that the average illegal immigrant has done it? I'm going to guess that no. Sure, SOME illegal immigrants ARE criminals but I wouldn't say that in general.
As you know, an SSN is REQUIRED for employment in this country. If millions of illegal aliens are working, they are either "criminally" working under the table, or they are "criminally" using a stolen or fake SSN. If I'm not mistaken, the majority of illegals are working. Those who don't work are robbing, gangbanging, or engaged in other "criminal" activities.

Old 08-13-2008, 12:44 AM

3,368 posts, read 10,299,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Being hired by the employers who didnt want to hire you because you werent illegal. Remember?
Play nice, Manny - you have some good commentary and due to your opinions on this matter, you have to work extra hard (admittedly, I do too BECAUSE I'm not "anti-illegal") to make sure people don't dismiss you. Don't throw fuel onto the fire because it distracts people from your points.

Old 08-13-2008, 12:44 AM

9,068 posts, read 15,509,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
deportation is a meaningless term if there are no secure borders specifically san ysidro still no completion of fence. the political pressure to retard the project is enormous. should have been completed years ago.
There are a lot of "we should haves".

Old 08-13-2008, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
As you know, an SSN is REQUIRED for employment in this country. If millions of illegal aliens are working, they are either "criminally" working under the table, or they are "criminally" using a stolen or fake SSN. If I'm not mistaken, the majority of illegals are working. Those who don't work are robbing, gangbanging, or engaged in other "criminal" activities.
Most of them are more than likely getting paid under the table. Take it up with the employers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or