Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 09:58 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,752,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Millions of legal citizens have lost jobs to illegals, or had their wages drastically reduced. Why do you think there is such outrage? Oh, I keep forgetting......you think people are simply racists and xenophobes.
Too many Americans feel like they are entitled to everything just for being Americans. I cant stomach Ray Herrera crying about how illegals kept him unemployed, and kept his kids from going to school.
Instead of being unemployed, living off welfare, and marching with the minuteman, Ray Herrera should be out finding a job.

I would work 2 fast food jobs before I'd apply for food stamps or WIC Checks. When I first moved out and started going to school, I did work two fast food jobs.
My dads a high school drop out, but when he dropped out he served THIS country and joined the army. When he got out, he worked his ass off and provided for us.
We never had to rely on welfare, because our parents were always working hard.

When things go bad, people always look for somebody to blame. The government, illegals, Mexicans, whatever. Stop crying and get a job or find a different trade instead of spending so much energy making signs and videos on how illegal immigrants are making you into a loser. Use that energy to fill out applications and make a resume or something. Or even better, go back to school. Theres all kinds of middle aged people taking night classes and online courses.

I know plenty of people who become teachers, but when budget cuts come around and they get laid off, they don't sit around feeling bad for themselves. They get a different job.

If your job is under threat of being taken by an unskilled illegal immigrant who can't speak English, maybe you'd better step it up a bit.
Theres a lot of opportunity in this country, you just have to be willing to work for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2008, 10:22 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,128,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Too many Americans feel like they are entitled to everything just for being Americans. I cant stomach Ray Herrera crying about how illegals kept him unemployed, and kept his kids from going to school.
Instead of being unemployed, living off welfare, and marching with the minuteman, Ray Herrera should be out finding a job.

I would work 2 fast food jobs before I'd apply for food stamps or WIC Checks. When I first moved out and started going to school, I did work two fast food jobs.
My dads a high school drop out, but when he dropped out he served THIS country and joined the army. When he got out, he worked his ass off and provided for us.

When things go bad, people always look for somebody to blame. The government, illegals, Mexicans, whatever. Stop crying and get a job or find a different trade instead of spending so much energy making signs and videos on how illegal immigrants are making you into a loser. Use that energy to fill out applications and make a resume or something. Or even better, go back to school. Theres all kinds of middle aged people taking night classes and online courses.

I know plenty of people who become teachers, but when budget cuts come around and they get laid off, they don't sit around feeling bad for themselves. They get a different job.

If your job is under threat of being taken by an unskilled illegal immigrant who can't speak English, maybe you'd better step it up a bit.
Theres a lot of opportunity in this country, you just have to be willing to work for it.
Try again.

Said illegal 'immigrant' needs to be deported and his employer punished as well.

USA for Americans and green card holders------------not lawbreaker border crossers.

Old 08-12-2008, 10:24 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,559,333 times
Quote:
Too many Americans feel like they are entitled to everything just for being Americans. I cant stomach Ray Herrera crying about how illegals kept him unemployed, and kept his kids from going to school.Instead of being unemployed, living off welfare, and marching with the minuteman, Ray Herrera should be out finding a job.

The typical resolute illegal alien supporter. American citizens should simply surrender their lifelong trade to illegal aliens, and return to school. After all, illegal aliens have a ‘right’ to those jobs. Who cares if LEGAL citizens are displaced? How special is that? Is there anything illegal aliens could possibly do that you would condemn? In other words, allow people to break into your house, and then simply hand them the keys, and find another place to live.

What if these people can’t afford to attend school? Without a job, it will be extremely challenging for most to manage to support their families and attend school. Your compassion for legal citizens is so heartwarming, it almost brings tears to my eyes.

I am still waiting for an illegal alien supporter to answer my question: How do you have such unwavering loyalty and compassion for illegal aliens, yet have none for your so-called fellow American?

BTW, times have changed since your dad dropped out of school. Without an education, you are limited to the level of employment most illegals have. I guess the uneducated legal citizen is simply left out in the cold. After all, we must make room for the illegal aliens seeking a better life.

Old 08-12-2008, 10:24 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,593,490 times
Quote:

Your sanctimonious attitude really shows in this post, amc. How dare you tell people who've been displaced by illegal labor to "stop crying". The operative word is ILLEGAL, you ignorant twit. In other words, if everybody OBEYED the law, the job wouldn't have been lost.

Can you comprehend that simple fact, or is that too much of a stretch for your pinhead? I'd really start telling you what a POS you are right now, but your own post proves my assertion without me having to say another word!

Old 08-12-2008, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
Your sanctimonious attitude really shows in this post, amc. How dare you tell people who've been displaced by illegal labor to "stop crying". The operative word is ILLEGAL, you ignorant twit. In other words, if everybody OBEYED the law, the job wouldn't have been lost.

Can you comprehend that simple fact, or is that too much of a stretch for your pinhead? I'd really start telling you what a POS you are right now, but your own post proves my assertion without me having to say another word!
Yeah, yeah, get the illegals out. Okay.
But do you really want to blame all your problems on thems?

Old 08-12-2008, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
The typical resolute illegal alien supporter. American citizens should simply surrender their lifelong trade to illegal aliens, and return to school. After all, illegal aliens have a ‘right’ to those jobs. Who cares if LEGAL citizens are displaced? How special is that? Is there anything illegal aliens could possibly do that you would condemn? In other words, allow people to break into your house, and then simply hand them the keys, and find another place to live.

What if these people can’t afford to attend school? Without a job, it will be extremely challenging for most to manage to support their families and attend school. Your compassion for legal citizens is so heartwarming, it almost brings tears to my eyes.

I am still waiting for an illegal alien supporter to answer my question: How do you have such unwavering loyalty and compassion for illegal aliens, yet have none for your so-called fellow American?

BTW, times have changed since your dad dropped out of school. Without an education, you are limited to the level of employment most illegals have. I guess the uneducated legal citizen is simply left out in the cold. After all, we must make room for the illegal aliens seeking a better life.
Times have changed, and so must people.

And for your question that is bolded, I have compassion for everyone. I respect anyone who wants to work hard.
I have no compassion or respect for Americans who claim life is miserable for them because of illegal immigrants, instead of considering things they can change about themselves to get ahead in life.

Old 08-12-2008, 10:42 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,925,746 times
Quote:

And for your question that is bolded, I have compassion for everyone. I respect anyone who wants to work hard.
I have no compassion or respect for Americans who claim life is miserable for them because of illegal immigrants, instead of considering things they can change about themselves to get ahead in life.
What you are saying is that you have compassion for anyone who broke the law to get into our country and then continues to break any law they deem necessary to stay here but you have no compassion or respect for any American who lost their job because of said illegal or got their wages cut that one can not live on them when one lives like normal Americans do. I understand now.

Old 08-12-2008, 10:48 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,554,441 times
Quote:

This is one of those statements which could mean anything one wants it to mean. It may as well be worded ""I respect ANYONE...and I mean ANYONE... with the gumption to work to make a living....whether he's a doctor, a lawyer, a plumber, a burglar, or a coke dealer..ALL of these people are making a living....but I have ZERO respect for anyone who 'whines' because his car has been stolen. Car thieves may be crooks, but they work hard. And their victims are STILL welcome to walk. They probably could use the excercise...or let them just buy a new car."

This is a TRUE STATEMENT...but probably won't get me many points for compassion..or for common sense.

Old 08-12-2008, 10:48 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,593,490 times
Quote:

So people who have worked all their adult lives at a certain trade should just pack it up because the illegals are here to do it now? You really are a piece of work, amc.

A disgusting piece, but a piece nonetheless.

Old 08-12-2008, 10:54 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,559,333 times
Quote:

Your true colors are showing in Panavision, Technicolor and 3-D. Any benefit of the doubt I may have reserved, has dissipated with your obnoxious gloating at the despair of decent hard-working US citizens. I’m too much of a lady to say what I’m actually thinking.

I bet a person could chill their drink with what flows through your veins. You, amc, are the personification of hate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration