Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 03:32 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,593,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Hmm, are you telling me that ONLY hispanic groups favor comprehensive immigration reform?
National Immigration Forum -> Diverse Alliance Supports Comprehensive Immigration Reform (http://immigrationforum.org/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=581 - broken link)

What about the white house, congressmen and senators? Are they not all american also? What about the NAACP?

The problem with the anti-illegal crowd is that, you want EVERY one to hold the same stand on this issue as you do. When people see things differently than you do, you accuse them of being "un-american". Remember that not everyone will or should agree with you when it comes to immigration policy.
You know what IMMEDIATELY struck me about this list is that EVERY ONE of those organizations are PROFITING from the immigrants!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2008, 03:36 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,425,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
You know what IMMEDIATELY struck me about this list is that EVERY ONE of those organizations are PROFITING from the immigrants!
The point macmeal was making wasn't about comprehensive immigration reform to begin with - blacknight just twisted macmeal's post to fit his point. Macmeal was explaining why the hispanic rights groups smack of racism. It's come to a point where we're not even noticing the derailment of these threads, unfortunately.

Old 08-13-2008, 03:39 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,477,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
The point macmeal was making wasn't about comprehensive immigration reform to begin with - blacknight just twisted macmeal's post to fit his point. Macmeal was explaining why the hispanic rights groups smack of racism. It's come to a point where we're not even noticing the derailment of these threads, unfortunately.
I agree.

Old 08-13-2008, 03:40 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,747,478 times
Quote:
My gosh *bangs head against the wall*

Can you even read?

Quote:
These are more-or-less tolerated as harmless and benevolent, mostly because they are not seen as advocating anything controversial or harmless to their fellow Americans. Hispanic groups, by and large, today, are SEEN as (and in fact, many ARE), advocating the continued presence of vast numbers of illegal immigrants, whose interests these groups favor over and above the interests of 'other' (non-Hispanic) Americans. THe only conclusion most of us can make is that this 'favoring' of the illegal over the 'legal' MUST be due to ethnic reasons...there's no other reasonable explanation.

It's for that reason, in these increasingly tumultuous times of vast illegal immigration, that those groups seen as publically favoring those OF THEIR OWN STATED ETHNICITY as they commit illegal acts, are seen by others as 'Racist" groups. While this may not be altogether accurate, it isn't hard to understand.
My response was simply poking holes into his theory.

Old 08-13-2008, 03:45 PM

Quote:

Can you even read?

Really? (and btw, yes I can read, and not only read but understand as well)

Do you remember what question YOU posted that macmeal was responding to? Here I'll help - hint - it didn't have to do with "comprehensive immigration reform"

Quote:
Concerning the minuteman, why does the anti-illegal crowd insist that all hispanic advocacy groups are racist? They claim NLCR, MALDEF,Lulac are all racist groups.
Maybe you should brush up on your hole-poking skillz.

Old 08-13-2008, 03:45 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,593,490 times
Quote:

Can you even read?

Ummmm, your poker's broke...

Old 08-13-2008, 03:48 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,407,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
Ummmm, your poker's broke...
. . . . . . .so are his stalking, gloating and comprehension skills.l

Old 08-13-2008, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Really? (and btw, yes I can read, and not only read but understand as well)

Do you remember what question YOU posted that macmeal was responding to? Here I'll help - hint - it didn't have to do with "comprehensive immigration reform"

Maybe you should brush up on your hole-poking skillz.
LOL..wow.

Okay help me out on this one o wise one. What did Mac mean by his post? I want to know your understanding of it.

Old 08-13-2008, 03:53 PM

Quote:
LOL..wow.

Okay help me out on this one o wise one. What did Mac mean by his post? I want to know your understanding of it.
I left out all the SAT words in my previous post, blacknight. How can I 'dumb it down' any further? Am I to understand that you 'didn't get' my interpretation?

Old 08-13-2008, 03:56 PM

Quote:
I left out all the SAT words in my previous post, blacknight. How can I 'dumb it down' any further? Am I to understand that you 'didn't get' my interpretation?
Just as i thought.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration