Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 05:39 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,593,942 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Guy.......is this you?!?!

YouTube - Death of an American Dream
Nope, but I can certainly empathize with Mr. Herrera, we've been through very similar experiences. He's a few years older than me though, I was too young to serve in Vietnam.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2008, 05:44 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,753,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
Nope, but I can certainly empathize with Mr. Herrera, we've been through very similar experiences. He's a few years older than me though, I was too young to serve in Vietnam.
Were you completely, officially unemployed like him, because illegals took your job?

Old 08-12-2008, 05:58 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,593,942 times
Quote:
Were you completely, officially unemployed like him, because illegals took your job?
Multiple times, amc. I lost a foreman's job in Chattanooga, Tennessee once because the contractor fired all the Americans and hired 15 illegals at half the wage. Since I couldn't communicate with them I was fired, too.

That was back in 1993, which first tuned me in to the job destruction caused by illegals.

Last edited by GuyPinestra; 08-12-2008 at 06:04 PM.. Reason: Added the last sentence

Old 08-12-2008, 06:00 PM

250 posts, read 335,998 times
Quote:
Multiple times, amc. I lost a foreman's job in Chattanooga, Tennessee once because the contractor fired all the Americans and hired 15 illegals at half the wage. Since I couldn't communicate with them I was fired, too.
Had friends in CA who were let go to be replaced by immiegals earning about half what he was. They did a cruddy job, but saved the super money, so that's the story. Not uncommon.

Old 08-12-2008, 06:26 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
Millions of legal citizens have lost jobs to illegals, or had their wages drastically reduced. Why do you think there is such outrage? Oh, I keep forgetting......you think people are simply racists and xenophobes.

Old 08-12-2008, 06:55 PM

214 posts, read 474,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
The Republicans and the Democrats both want illegal immigration, it is part of the plan. If you are rich you will profit from it, if you work for a living you are getting screwed. Do you think these guys are working for your best interests? Are you Nuts?

They will get their amnesty no matter which one of them I think are traitors gets in office or either party .

Obama is black this year but soon he will use his white side on us . McCain is a liberal who , he doesn't act like a patriot to me . Maybe he learned to hate this nation after he came back and saw how it's people spit on the vets, either way we don't have an American in the whole place .

I blame the Americans for this, not the crooks in office .

Old 08-12-2008, 07:08 PM

Quote:

There was a latino that got killed a few days ago in Iraq and I felt just as bad for him as any of the rest .

But that has nothing to do with illegals who come here making demands and calling theirselves, LaRaza or the race '. They are all criminals the minute the cross they border . They shoule be loaded up and taken far down into mexico like Eisinhower did in the 50s in 'Operation ...back '. Now that historicle operation is a hate word ,how much more insane can it get . You don't call your enemies nice names ,especially when they call you whitey, cracker and the n work .

Old 08-12-2008, 07:11 PM

Quote:

We don't honor or stand up for our vets anymore, like we did in ww11 . Thanks for your service .

Old 08-12-2008, 07:30 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,967,215 times
That's what we have found here. We had a young painter come to us to find out about our payroll company. The guy he had worked for since he was first able to work and had grown to be his right arm had him and the other painters sitting on the couch and replaced every single one of them with illegals--not one of them were legal. While some of his regular customers just flat out fired him and got other painting companies, some of the customers called the young painter asking him to start his own business and they would replace his boss with him because the quality was terrible, they couldn't communicate with the employees, and the boss was never around on the job. There was usually one guy that could almost speak English. The boss did not charge the customers any less because he had reduced his labor costs.

Even though the young painter would technically be a competitor, we helped him as much as we could to get started.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshinspections View Post
Had friends in CA who were let go to be replaced by immiegals earning about half what he was. They did a cruddy job, but saved the super money, so that's the story. Not uncommon.

Old 08-12-2008, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Specifically, John McCain rolled out his fear-based defense of amnesty on the campaign trail in Le Mars, Iowa.

Responding to a question about deportation of illegal aliens, McCain delivered the following threat:

"In case you hadn't noticed, the thousands of people who have been relegated to ghettos have risen up and burned cars in France,'' McCain said. ``They've got huge problems in France. They have tremendous problems. The police can't even go into certain areas in the suburbs of Paris. I don't want that in the suburbs of America.''

Globe Gazette:

With all due respect to the senator from Arizona, threatening American citizens that government cannot enforce the law because it would lead to rioting is blatant fear mongering at it's lowest and most contemptible.

It is also irresponsibly reckless because it conveys a very dangerous message, which is:

"America is governed by the rule of law, except when the threat of anarchy and violence is too great. In which case, congress and the president will simply change the law to legalize what had been illegal, thereby pacifying those guilty of behavior once considered unlawful."

John McCain needs to stop threatening American citizens with violence, and instead call for full and complete enforcement of all existing laws, including deportation of illegal aliens.

McCain Warns Deportations Could Lead to Riots! A "There Will Be Blood"' Warning to Citizens?*-*borderfirereport.net

Hmm . .. . . fear mongering anyone?

We all fear our nation is being destroyed from within, but not onl;y illegals but legals who don't assimilate or care for our country .

We are full, and the birth rate of most immigrants now will continue to grow until there is no resouces left for them or us . Water is already being fought over in some states , air polution is growing from over population, hospitals are closing because of third world immigrants coming here . Gangs are killing and druging our people .

All protected by our leaders . We need to use ballots and get rid of every single one of them in office, even the couple good ones and start over . The founders and others had to use bullets, we can do this with ballots .

We have a growing enemy within of radicals and it's out own who are bringing more in and giving them rights as they take ours away .

We won't speak out now, and soon it will impossible to speak out .

Maybe thats what this war is all about, to kill off or drive insane as many of our young patriotic men as possible who have been tricked into thinking they were doing their nation an honor . God bless them . They went to war with hands tied behind them and came back to be prosecuted in some cases or left to deal with their injuries with or put on terrible drugs .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration