Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 04:15 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,389,517 times

Advertisements

Specifically, John McCain rolled out his fear-based defense of amnesty on the campaign trail in Le Mars, Iowa.

Responding to a question about deportation of illegal aliens, McCain delivered the following threat:

"In case you hadn't noticed, the thousands of people who have been relegated to ghettos have risen up and burned cars in France,'' McCain said. ``They've got huge problems in France. They have tremendous problems. The police can't even go into certain areas in the suburbs of Paris. I don't want that in the suburbs of America.''

Globe Gazette:

With all due respect to the senator from Arizona, threatening American citizens that government cannot enforce the law because it would lead to rioting is blatant fear mongering at it's lowest and most contemptible.

It is also irresponsibly reckless because it conveys a very dangerous message, which is:

"America is governed by the rule of law, except when the threat of anarchy and violence is too great. In which case, congress and the president will simply change the law to legalize what had been illegal, thereby pacifying those guilty of behavior once considered unlawful."

John McCain needs to stop threatening American citizens with violence, and instead call for full and complete enforcement of all existing laws, including deportation of illegal aliens.

McCain Warns Deportations Could Lead to Riots! A "There Will Be Blood"' Warning to Citizens?*-*borderfirereport.net

Hmm . .. . . fear mongering anyone?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2008, 04:21 PM

375 posts, read 781,208 times
...can't even control this problem in his own state, yet he wants to be pres?

Old 08-11-2008, 04:24 PM

658 posts, read 828,392 times
Then let there be blood. We have to fix the mistake. If blood is required, let's get it over with.

Old 08-11-2008, 04:24 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,066,074 times
I smell a rat--------of the Bronx sewer variety.

As most of you know: I live here Arizona and the illegals are definitely thinning out......I can see that with my own two eyes.

Old 08-11-2008, 04:28 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,736,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Specifically, John McCain rolled out his fear-based defense of amnesty on the campaign trail in Le Mars, Iowa.

Responding to a question about deportation of illegal aliens, McCain delivered the following threat:

"In case you hadn't noticed, the thousands of people who have been relegated to ghettos have risen up and burned cars in France,'' McCain said. ``They've got huge problems in France. They have tremendous problems. The police can't even go into certain areas in the suburbs of Paris. I don't want that in the suburbs of America.''

Globe Gazette:

With all due respect to the senator from Arizona, threatening American citizens that government cannot enforce the law because it would lead to rioting is blatant fear mongering at it's lowest and most contemptible.

It is also irresponsibly reckless because it conveys a very dangerous message, which is:

"America is governed by the rule of law, except when the threat of anarchy and violence is too great. In which case, congress and the president will simply change the law to legalize what had been illegal, thereby pacifying those guilty of behavior once considered unlawful."

John McCain needs to stop threatening American citizens with violence, and instead call for full and complete enforcement of all existing laws, including deportation of illegal aliens.

McCain Warns Deportations Could Lead to Riots! A "There Will Be Blood"' Warning to Citizens?*-*borderfirereport.net

Hmm . .. . . fear mongering anyone?
Are you kidding me? How is what McCain saying different from what many of you were advocating on the other thread? So you will admit that you guys were fear mongering on the other thread?

Old 08-11-2008, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Are you kidding me? How is what McCain saying different from what many of you were advocating on the other thread? So you will admit that you guys were fear mongering on the other thread?
Is there any end to your incessant whining? This is a test, let's see if your comprehension skills have gotten any better since yesterday:

Unlike McCain, the author of the article I posted yesterday clearly stated he was not advocating violence. McLame on the other hand used the threat of violence to convince Americans that amnesty is our only choice.

Old 08-11-2008, 04:38 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,639,835 times
Default No blood, unless they draw it first.

I am by no means a pro-illegal, but I can not advocate the drawing of first blood in this situation. We must press forward firmly and remove the illegal foreign presence lawfully for as long as we possibly can.

We, as Americans, should not lower ourselves to violence unless we are forced to defend ourselves from a violent enemy. If the illegals decide they want to resort to violence, then by all means fight and it will be no contest. We can and will crush any willing invader who resorts to violence. They have already invaded, but thus far they have been largely docile and non violent.

Sure we have cases of gangs and mislead youth, but for the most part the illegals are peaceful. So lets continue to peacefully relocate them back to their own country. No blood need be shed, all we need is our government to actually try and handle this situation. Our main problem is that they are not taking us, the American citizens, seriously. And I am not only talking about the government, I am talking about the illegals as well.

They are not heeding the warning signs all around them that this powder keg is about to explode, and once it does it will be very difficult to stop. So please, if you are illegal or know any illegals, encourage them to return home. If they wish to live in the United States, encourage them to go through proper immigration procedures.

Because all of you pro illegals out there must realize you are not helping them by standing by and defending their law breaking ways. You are just letting them dig a bigger hole. If you really care, get out there and spread the message that they need to start over fresh and do things the right way. You are not helping them by reinforcing their current state of affairs. You are not helping, you are just making the problem worse. For the sake of those you seem to care about, do the right thing and start defending the laws of this country and not those who break them.

Old 08-11-2008, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
I am by no means a pro-illegal, but I can not advocate the drawing of first blood in this situation. We must press forward firmly and remove the illegal foreign presence lawfully for as long as we possibly can.

We, as Americans, should not lower ourselves to violence unless we are forced to defend ourselves from a violent enemy. If the illegals decide they want to resort to violence, then by all means fight and it will be no contest. We can and will crush any willing invader who resorts to violence. They have already invaded, but thus far they have been largely docile and non violent.

Sure we have cases of gangs and mislead youth, but for the most part the illegals are peaceful. So lets continue to peacefully relocate them back to their own country. No blood need be shed, all we need is our government to actually try and handle this situation. Our main problem is that they are not taking us, the American citizens, seriously. And I am not only talking about the government, I am talking about the illegals as well.

They are not heeding the warning signs all around them that this powder keg is about to explode, and once it does it will be very difficult to stop. So please, if you are illegal or know any illegals, encourage them to return home. If they wish to live in the United States, encourage them to go through proper immigration procedures.

Because all of you pro illegals out there must realize you are not helping them by standing by and defending their law breaking ways. You are just letting them dig a bigger hole. If you really care, get out there and spread the message that they need to start over fresh and do things the right way. You are not helping them by reinforcing their current state of affairs. You are not helping, you are just making the problem worse. For the sake of those you seem to care about, do the right thing and start defending the laws of this country and not those who break them.
I couldn't agree more. Excellent post!

Old 08-11-2008, 04:46 PM

658 posts, read 828,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I smell a rat--------of the Bronx sewer variety.

As most of you know: I live here Arizona and the illegals are definitely thinning out......I can see that with my own two eyes.
I am pleased to hear it. I am watching your state govt to see if it does what it said it would do regarding illegals. If so, AZ may be more suitable for my business to hire people in.

Old 08-11-2008, 04:59 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,526,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
You need to realize this is not a game, and we are not spectators cheering on our favorite team. This is a volatile situation, and if not remedied in the very near future, there is a high probability that violence will ensue. No one is advocating violence, nor do I believe anyone relishes the idea of bloodshed. I certainly don’t. However, this is a REAL threat, and illegal aliens need to understand the party has ended, and it’s time to go home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration