U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 06:28 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,895,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
Yup..you are one of the bright ones.

I highly doubt you marched with Dr. King. Because he wasn't allowed in "primarily white America."

I'm calling you out on that one. You can claim it all you want....I will never believe it. What you write...speaks volumes about you.

And answer my question ???? where does it speak about WAR. You do know what a WAR is? You do know what a MORATORIUM is? That is what the email you posted is calling for...

You were saying? OOPS. That was not my original quote. Those are your words NOT MINE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2008, 06:29 PM

3,859 posts, read 9,170,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
, you have not lived until you have tasted Chicago style popcorn from Garretts Popcorn shop. It's worth every percentage point of the temporary elevation in your cholesterol level. I always drink diet Pepsi or Fresca and it would be my pleasure to share my popcorn with you too.
OMG I love Garretts. A few months back a coworker had some she brought back after visiting family in the Chicago area. I had both the caramel and the cheese. It was yummy!

You bring the Garretts and I will be there with ya!

Old 08-11-2008, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
OMG I love Garretts. A few months back a coworker had some she brought back after visiting family in the Chicago area. I had both the caramel and the cheese. It was yummy!

You bring the Garretts and I will be there with ya!
You haven't lived until you try them mixed together. I'd love to share with you Nic. Sadly, they will be going out of business soon. They sell it at John's but it's no where near as good.

Topic: That "Latina" march is going to ignite some serious fire works if they go down there messing with small town America. I hope they all wear a good pair of American made running shoes because they are definitely going to need them.

Last edited by JDubsMom; 08-11-2008 at 06:44 PM..

Old 08-11-2008, 06:33 PM

3,859 posts, read 9,170,984 times
Quote:
Ignore him. He is obviously clueless in terms of anything remotely related to civil rights or the movement. As witnessed by that ignorant statement, he is totally ignorant of the fact that many whites marched alongside Dr. King. If not for white Americans we may very well have not achieved our goal of civil rights, voting rights, and overall equality.

It's another attempt to hijack a thread so that the original topic falls by the wayside.

Americans of different races and backgrounds came together then and we are all coming together now. We are Americans. We will not let the blood shed in the American Revolution, The Civil War and the Civil Rights movement have been shed in vein. We are Americans and we are united to save our country from this illegal invasion.

Old 08-11-2008, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
Americans of different races and backgrounds came together then and we are all coming together now. We are Americans. We will not let the blood shed in the American Revolution, The Civil War and the Civil Rights movement have been shed in vein. We are Americans and we are united to save our country from this illegal invasion.
At the end of the day, you're 100% right. We are Americans and this is OUR COUNTRY and that's what matters most.

Old 08-11-2008, 06:35 PM

1,398 posts, read 6,018,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfilm View Post
...A far more realistic scenario for conjecture of hypotheticals would be if the Hispanic population of the U.S. in the Southwest followed the pattern that the Confederate South did and declared themselves separate from the Union for irreconcilable differences, such as currently stated preferences for porous borders with Mexico, all communication exclusively in the spanish language, and governmental laws more in accord with Catholic Church teachings. Quebecois-like autonomy would not be what those who renounce American sovereignty overall would settle for: even now, La Raza is more strident than that compromise...
The above, on topic. And if you want to espy genuine hatred, you should see how the foreign nationals in Los Angeles mad dog (glare with deliberate malice) American citizens here in own country. Not enough? Foreign nationals throwing eggs at anyone who doesn't look like their identical ethnicity during their protests against American sovereignty Federal law enforcement in L.A. Not enough? Foreign nationals spitting at me, a middle-aged caucasian female as I walk by. To what do you want this to escalate? Actual physical violence?

This country has worked too long and hard to dispell this sort of solipsistic race-narcissism to see it return by foreign nationals who think they are the only people that matter. I am old enough to have seen actual bigotry first-hand in the Deep South in the 1950's/60's, and it's deja vu all over again with the organization quoted in the OP. Excusing deliberate lawbreakers like illegals because of, the organization's own emphasis- "race" is akin to excusing similar declarations by the Ku Klux Klan: both are wrong as can be in this country.

Old 08-11-2008, 06:51 PM

Quote:
The above, on topic. And if you want to espy genuine hatred, you should see how the foreign nationals in Los Angeles mad dog (glare with deliberate malice) American citizens here in own country. Not enough? Foreign nationals throwing eggs at anyone who doesn't look like their identical ethnicity during their protests against American sovereignty Federal law enforcement in L.A. Not enough? Foreign nationals spitting at me, a middle-aged caucasian female as I walk by. To what do you want this to escalate? Actual physical violence?

This country has worked too long and hard to dispell this sort of solipsistic race-narcissism to see it return by foreign nationals who think they are the only people that matter. I am old enough to have seen actual bigotry first-hand in the Deep South in the 1950's/60's, and it's deja vu all over again with the organization quoted in the OP. Excusing deliberate lawbreakers like illegals because of, the organization's own emphasis- "race" is akin to excusing similar declarations by the Ku Klux Klan: both are wrong as can be in this country.
Wow . . just wow. California needs a revolution, yesterday. Chicago has become a tax burdened IA war zone thanks to its sanctuary status. It's a good thing DHS stepped in to sue them it was getting totally out of control. It was so bad the governor was looking into bringing in the National Guard.

I am sorry things are that bad for you.

Old 08-11-2008, 06:55 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:

You guys on the Coast must be inheriting some of our illegal immigrant riff-raff----------Arizona is certainly emptying out.

Old 08-11-2008, 06:56 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,709,656 times
Quote:
You haven't lived until you try them mixed together. I'd love to share with you Nic. Sadly, they will be going out of business soon. They sell it at John's but it's no where near as good.

Topic: That "Latina" march is going to ignite some serious fire works if they go down there messing with small town America. I hope they all wear a good pair of American made running shoes because they are definitely going to need them.
I could not run very fast when I was pregnant. Or pushing a stroller.

Old 08-11-2008, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
I could not run very fast when I was pregnant. Or pushing a stroller.
I have a feeling if they've had the prequisite 5-10 kids already, and are on welfare, they won't even be in as good of shape as you were. Here's hoping dodging bullets in their respective hoods at least has them in shape to power walk. They are going to need all the speed and agility of an olympic sprinter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration