U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 09:47 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,897,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Most of us American were 'asleep'; we are now awake---------courtesy of those insolent fools flying the Mexican flag at their illegal immigrants' 'rights' rallies in May 2006.

Can someone say a fatal PR blunder?
I will . .. . FATAL PR BLUNDER.

Which is exactly why Janet Murguia has been awfully quiet and is now allowing Louis[e] Guiterrez to do all of their whining, begging and pleading for Lou to cut them some slack..

Oops . . . they lost the war when they tried to get Lou Dobbs fired. Idiots that they are, had they done their homework they would have known that Lou is an independent corporate entity and they can't touch him with a 10 foot pole.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2008, 10:56 PM

3,496 posts, read 8,343,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
The same can be said for ibarrio and (s)assyone, Truer words were never spoken.
Sigh...you just don't get it...and most likely you will never get it.

Jesus...and you talk about people not being able to comprehend...

He was talking about me...

Old 08-12-2008, 06:51 AM

1,861 posts, read 2,968,014 times
Quote:
Ignore him. He is obviously clueless in terms of anything remotely related to civil rights or the movement. As witnessed by that ignorant statement, he is totally ignorant of the fact that many whites marched alongside Dr. King. If not for white Americans we may very well have not achieved our goal of civil rights, voting rights, and overall equality.

It's another attempt to hijack a thread so that the original topic falls by the wayside.
And, some gave their lives for the movement. I have a good friend, who used to be a minister, who marched with King and others. What's so strange or unbelievable about that?

Old 08-12-2008, 07:06 AM

4,828 posts, read 6,791,262 times
I think what ibarrio is trying to say is , no logical reasoning person would read that email and equate it to the beginning of civil war. The fact that many on this thread agree with the OP is very telling indeed.

Mr. Common Sense

Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, Mr. Common Sense. Mr. Sense had been with us for many years. No one knows for sure how old he was since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape.

He will be remembered as having cultivated such value lessons as knowing when to come in out of the rain, why the early bird gets the worm and that life isn't always fair. Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies (don't spend more than you earn) and reliable parenting strategies (adults, not kids, are in charge).

His health began to rapidly deteriorate when well intentioned but overbearing regulations were set in place. Reports of a six-year-old boy charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate; teens suspended from school for using mouthwash after lunch; and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student, only worsened his condition.

Mr. Sense declined even further when schools were required to get parental consent to administer aspirin to a student; but, could not inform the parents when a student became pregnant and wanted to have an abortion.

Finally, Common Sense lost the will to live as the Ten Commandments became contraband and criminals received better treatment than their victims.

Common Sense finally gave up the ghost after a woman failed to realize that a steaming cup of coffee was hot, spilled it in her lap, and was awarded a huge financial settlement.

Common Sense was preceded in death by his parents, Truth and Trust, his wife, Discretion; his daughter, Responsibility; and his son, Reason. He is survived by two stepsisters; My Rights and Ima Whiner.

Not many attended his funeral because so few realized he was gone.

Old 08-12-2008, 07:08 AM

349 posts, read 573,684 times
Do you not understand? Immigrants, illegal or no, are not your enemy - but do serve as a way to keep you distracted from the true problem - the multinational corporations that would have us all as serfs and that truly run your government.

Old 08-12-2008, 07:11 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gortamor View Post
Do you not understand? Immigrants, illegal or no, are not your enemy - but do serve as a way to keep you distracted from the true problem - the multinational corporations that would have us all as serfs and that truly run your government.
Too late--------------the damage has been done.

Now it is past time to take out the trash (illegal immigrant lawbreakers and their enablers).

As for the greedy corporations; they will get 'theirs'-----------trust me.

Old 08-12-2008, 07:15 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
I think what ibarrio is trying to say is , no logical reasoning person would read that email and equate it to the beginning of civil war. The fact that many on this thread agree with the OP is very telling indeed.

Mr. Common Sense

Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, Mr. Common Sense. Mr. Sense had been with us for many years. No one knows for sure how old he was since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape.

He will be remembered as having cultivated such value lessons as knowing when to come in out of the rain, why the early bird gets the worm and that life isn't always fair. Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies (don't spend more than you earn) and reliable parenting strategies (adults, not kids, are in charge).

His health began to rapidly deteriorate when well intentioned but overbearing regulations were set in place. Reports of a six-year-old boy charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate; teens suspended from school for using mouthwash after lunch; and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student, only worsened his condition.

Mr. Sense declined even further when schools were required to get parental consent to administer aspirin to a student; but, could not inform the parents when a student became pregnant and wanted to have an abortion.

Finally, Common Sense lost the will to live as the Ten Commandments became contraband and criminals received better treatment than their victims.

Common Sense finally gave up the ghost after a woman failed to realize that a steaming cup of coffee was hot, spilled it in her lap, and was awarded a huge financial settlement.

Common Sense was preceded in death by his parents, Truth and Trust, his wife, Discretion; his daughter, Responsibility; and his son, Reason. He is survived by two stepsisters; My Rights and Ima Whiner.

Not many attended his funeral because so few realized he was gone.
blacknight04: thank you for your opinion that your side is losing---------big time.

You are grasping at straws here.

True common sense would be to close/lock the southern border, really crack the (law enforcement) whip against the illegals and their friends and do away with birthright citizenship for US born Anchor Babies (assuming that both parenst are here illegally)...............

Old 08-12-2008, 07:49 AM

4,800 posts, read 7,689,216 times
Quote:
Ignore him. He is obviously clueless in terms of anything remotely related to civil rights or the movement. As witnessed by that ignorant statement, he is totally ignorant of the fact that many whites marched alongside Dr. King. If not for white Americans we may very well have not achieved our goal of civil rights, voting rights, and overall equality.

It's another attempt to hijack a thread so that the original topic falls by the wayside.
My father and mother participated in the Washington, D.C. march in August of1963, something that I am extremely proud of.

Old 08-12-2008, 08:17 AM

7,020 posts, read 9,897,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
My father and mother participated in the Washington, D.C. march in August of1963, something that I am extremely proud of.

Please thank your parents for me for their bravery and courage at such a brutally turbulent time in America. That is so awesome and you should be extremely proud of them. I am.

Last edited by JDubsMom; 08-12-2008 at 08:29 AM..

Old 08-12-2008, 08:38 AM

4,800 posts, read 7,689,216 times
Quote:
Please thank your parents for me for their bravery and courage at such a brutally turbulent time in America. That is so awesome and you should be extremely proud of them. I am.
Thank you. They both passed away in 2005 but they set an example for us, their children that was became an integral part of our lives and was never forgotten.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration