U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 05:05 PM

7,020 posts, read 10,107,110 times

Advertisements

To: earellano@somosunpueblo.com, (Elvira Arellano) flor@somosunpueblo.com (Flor Crisostomo) , Zola2642@aol.com, jwomack@fas.harvard.edu
Sent: 8/10/2008 10:35:31 P.M. Central Daylight Time
Subj: LATINA CONFRONTS RACISM IN SHENANDOAH PA

LATINA

TODAY, LATINA – THE COMMITTEE FOR THE FIRST 100 DAYS – ANNOUNCES OUR PLAN TO TRAVEL TO PENNSYLVANIA TO SUPPORT THE FAMILY OF LUIS RAMIREZ, A VICTIM OF THE HATRED THAT IS GROWING IN THIS COUNTRY AGAINST LATINOS BECAUSE OF OUR BROKEN IMMIGRATION LAWS.

WE YOUNG LATINAS WANT TO SEE WITH OUR OWN EYES THE PLACE WHERE OUR BROTHER WAS BEATEN TO DEATH BY YOUNG WHITE MEN FILLED WITH THE HATRED THAT THIS NATOIN HAS PUT IHTO THEIR HEARTS.

WE ARE GOING TO PENNSYLVANIA TO CALL ON LATINAS ACROSS THE NATION TO JOIN WITH US IN FIGHTING FOR A MORATORIUM ON RAIDS AND DEPORTATIONS NOW AND FOR COMPREHENSIVE IMIGRATOIN REFORM IN THE FIRST 100 DAYS OF THE NEXT ADMINISTRATION.

IT IS OUR INTENTION TO ENLIST ONE MILLION LATINAS ACROSS THIS COUNTRY IN A NETWORK OF DEMAND FOR JUSTICE FOR OUR COMMUNITY.

WHEN WE RETURN, WE WILL MOBILIZE AT THE I.C.E. OFFICE ON FRIDAY, AUGUST 22ND TO DEMAND A MORATORIUM ON THE CAMPAIGN OF TERROR AGAINST THE 500,000 PEOPLE WITH NO CRIMINAL CHARGES WHO I/C.E. IS SPENDING MILLIONS OF DOLLARS TO HUNT DOWN AS IF THEY WERE TERRORISTS.

WE ARE A NEW GENERATION. WE ARE THE FUTURE OF THIS NATION. WE WILL NOT TOLERATE INJUSTICE OR HATRED IN THAT FUTURE.

WE ARE LATINA – WE HAVE SPOKEN – LET IT BE SO !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2008, 05:11 PM

3,499 posts, read 8,536,848 times
Are they citizens to start with? Anyways, organization and marching is different from civil war. civil war is armed conflict. You claim to have marched with Dr. King....was that civil war?

Old 08-11-2008, 05:11 PM

3,859 posts, read 9,341,654 times
Justice for THEIR community? How about illegals GO HOME and demand justice in the countries where they legally belong? Oh that might actually require a little sacrifice-that is why.

Old 08-11-2008, 05:12 PM

3,859 posts, read 9,341,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
Are they citizens to start with? Anyways, organization and marching is different from civil war. civil war is armed conflict. You claim to have marched with Dr. King....was that civil war?
Luis Ramierez was an illegal alien. That is who they are marching for.

Old 08-11-2008, 05:18 PM

Quote:
What does me MARCHING WITH (not claiming) Dr. King have to do with this article? That being said, don't twist my words to suit your obvious lack of knowledge.

Look up the definition of the words/phrases CIVIL WAR vs. CIVIL PROTESTS, CIVIL RIGHTS MOVEMENT. Assuming you can read you will be able to answer your own question.

When you have something on topic and of interest to say, get back to me.

Last edited by JDubsMom; 08-11-2008 at 05:46 PM..

Old 08-11-2008, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
Justice for THEIR community? How about illegals GO HOME and demand justice in the countries where they legally belong? Oh that might actually require a little sacrifice-that is why.
As usual, they have no defense for the indefensible, nothing of substance to say. Hoping to annoy us, they utilize the highest single digit of their IQ for snark value and to hijack the thread.

Old 08-11-2008, 05:25 PM

3,499 posts, read 8,536,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
Luis Ramierez was an illegal alien. That is who they are marching for.
And...? People march and protest for tons of different reasons...

If they are not American Citizens then they should not be here...and it also cannot be a civil war if they are not citizens.

If they are citizens then it is within their rights to march...Does not matter if we agree with it...they have that right. I do not agree with the reasons the KKK marches.... but I do agree that they have the right to do so...

Old 08-11-2008, 05:33 PM

15,179 posts, read 16,217,001 times
Quote:
WHEN WE RETURN, WE WILL MOBILIZE AT THE I.C.E. OFFICE ON FRIDAY, AUGUST 22ND TO DEMAND A MORATORIUM ON THE CAMPAIGN OF TERROR AGAINST THE 500,000 PEOPLE WITH NO CRIMINAL CHARGES WHO I/C.E. IS SPENDING MILLIONS OF DOLLARS TO HUNT DOWN AS IF THEY WERE TERRORISTS.

WE ARE A NEW GENERATION. WE ARE THE FUTURE OF THIS NATION. WE WILL NOT TOLERATE INJUSTICE OR HATRED IN THAT FUTURE.

WE ARE LATINA – WE HAVE SPOKEN – LET IT BE SO !

Old 08-11-2008, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post

DITTO . . . the delusions of grandier knows no bounds. They don't realize that Chicago, LA and a few other anchor baby owned governments are a whole 'nother country compared to small town, primarily white America.

Either they are allergic to spell check or our tax dollars are being wasted. The fact that they probably sent this e-mail out to millions of their raza in and of itself proves that they need to spend more time making better use of the free education our tax dollars provides:

Quote:
THIS NATOIN HAS PUT IHTO THEIR HEARTS.

WE ARE GOING TO PENNSYLVANIA TO CALL ON LATINAS ACROSS THE NATION TO JOIN WITH US IN FIGHTING FOR A MORATORIUM ON RAIDS AND DEPORTATIONS NOW AND FOR COMPREHENSIVE IMIGRATOIN
I can't wait to see how this works out for them.

Last edited by JDubsMom; 08-11-2008 at 05:53 PM..

Old 08-11-2008, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Obvious that you do not know the difference. I see zero mentioning of War in that email you posted. You show your IQ when you resort to attacking rather then arguing your point....
Apparently you missed the QUESTION MARK . . . FYI: It looks like this ?????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration