U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 11:46 AM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 23 days ago)

9,059 posts, read 15,467,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
Umm I suppose the purpose is that they have no right to be here and if these illegals were not here where they live would not look like this. After breaking the law and in most cases comitting id fraud or theft then we have to see pictrues like this? Illegals break the law and come here and then do this to a town and you wonder why people are upset?
OK so the intent of a thread like this is to justify hate, thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2008, 11:46 AM

3,368 posts, read 10,273,527 times
Quote:
Even if that were the case-AGAIN just like with murderers. rapists, etc. ILLEGALS have no right to be here. We have enough problems in this country with those who LEGALLY have a right to be here. We should just accept squalor and crimes from ILLEGALS because some Americans partake in those activities?
No; we should be equally critical of illegal aliens as we are of American citizens. My point was just that those pictures are nothing out of the ordinary in poor parts of the rural South.

Old 08-12-2008, 11:47 AM

13,048 posts, read 21,158,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Well guess what some people are not clean, it is not just illegals. What shall we do go house to house and offer cleaning lessons?
What purpose does this thread have, but to depict all illegals as the underbelly of civilization? Which many Americans live like this.
You know darn well that someone who isn't clean (i.e. doesn't dust/vacuum/mop up as frequently as would be desired) is not even CLOSE to living in this trash. The worst thing, from my perspective at least, is that these conditions were brought into the area, it isn't like these illegals picked out a place that reminded them of home and felt as happy as pigs in s***. No, if you read the letter assocaited with this story, this town has undergone an overwhelming (and NEGATIVE) change.

Saying that anyone claimed that ALL ILLEGALS being the underbelly of civilization is YOUR interpretation. It is ridiculous to assume that now everyone thinks all illegals have dead decomposing carcasses on the roofs of their shacks. By saying so, are you trying to make it seem like this isn't actually happening? It is happening - it's real - and it's disgusting. Something needs to be done about it. No one is advocating that all hispanics or all illegals are guilty of this. But to make excuses and play the victim in this is not going to solve anything. The real victims are the citizens of Saluda SC. Do you have any compassion for them? Did they deserve this?

Old 08-12-2008, 11:48 AM

3,368 posts, read 10,273,527 times
Quote:
OK so justified hate, thanks.
Mach, it's clear that your ethnic loyalty ("Mexican first; American second") prevents you from seeing this issue rationally. Just accept that you've lost the argument and that illegal aliens are ruining this country.

Old 08-12-2008, 11:48 AM

3,859 posts, read 9,170,984 times
Quote:
OK so the intent of a thread like this is to justify hate, thanks.
Where exactly did I do that?

People upset now equals hate?

Old 08-12-2008, 11:50 AM

3,859 posts, read 9,170,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisp444 View Post
No; we should be equally critical of illegal aliens as we are of American citizens. My point was just that those pictures are nothing out of the ordinary in poor parts of the rural South.
Actually- I believe we should be more critical of Illegals. Why would I not be? Again-Illegals have no right to be here. Americans do have a right to be here.

Old 08-12-2008, 11:50 AM

969 posts, read 2,459,662 times
From the letter:

Quote:
Officers say about $7,500 in counterfeit merchandise was seized, including 658 CDs and MP3s, 23 DVD's, clothing, ID holders, bracelets, covers, bandanas, sports equipment, and fuzzy dice.

And among those arrested:

Jose Jimenez, 27, of Saluda
Fuzzy DICE can be counterfeit?

And last time i saw Jose Jimenez was on the Ed Sullivan show.

Old 08-12-2008, 11:51 AM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 23 days ago)

9,059 posts, read 15,467,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
You know darn well that someone who isn't clean (i.e. doesn't dust/vacuum/mop up as frequently as would be desired) is not even CLOSE to living in this trash. The worst thing, from my perspective at least, is that these conditions were brought into the area, it isn't like these illegals picked out a place that reminded them of home and felt as happy as pigs in s***. No, if you read the letter assocaited with this story, this town has undergone an overwhelming (and NEGATIVE) change.

Saying that anyone claimed that ALL ILLEGALS being the underbelly of civilization is YOUR interpretation. It is ridiculous to assume that now everyone thinks all illegals have dead decomposing carcasses on the roofs of their shacks. By saying so, are you trying to make it seem like this isn't actually happening? It is happening - it's real - and it's disgusting. Something needs to be done about it. No one is advocating that all hispanics or all illegals are guilty of this. But to make excuses and play the victim in this is not going to solve anything. The real victims are the citizens of Saluda SC. Do you have any compassion for them? Did they deserve this?
Compassion? Sure. However, do you know that people did not live like that before the illegals? I mean I have seem some pretty nasty trailers in the south (no offense). Pinellas Park, FL rings a bell.

How about this for a high-rise in Florida:

I think the demographics have changed and people are hating. Just call ICE on the businesses, no need for this non-sense.

Old 08-12-2008, 11:51 AM

13,048 posts, read 21,158,596 times
Quote:
Where exactly did I do that?

People upset now equals hate?
We are not supposed to take offense to offensive behavior, when it is perpetrated by hispanics, and most of all, people who originally hail from Mexico. Get with the program nicolem!

/sarcasm off/

Old 08-12-2008, 11:52 AM

8,575 posts, read 6,085,916 times
no, that was the work of blacks. I know those neighborhoods in DC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Ghetto America

Go check out the pictures , i bet illegal immigrants did that also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or