U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 06:06 AM

3,640 posts, read 4,308,847 times

Advertisements

I would say that they are getting a taste of their own medicine and they don't like it. Can anyone say Karma?

Mexican town feeling impact of "immigrants"

By DAVID SEDEÑO
dsedeno@star-telegram.com

SAN MIGUEL de ALLENDE, Mexico — They drive on four-wheelers through this picturesque town in the highlands of the central state of Guanajuato.

Some of them are seen many times wobbling along the cobblestone-lined streets, balancing the margarita in their plastic cups as much as themselves.

Many of them refuse to speak the local language, even if they have called this place home for years. Some of them may even be here illegally.

I’m not talking about the poor Indians from the southern states of Oaxaca or Chiapas who come here to peddle their wares, although there are many of them here, too.

No, I’m talking about the North Americans — Canadians and U.S. citizens — who make up about 10 percent, and growing, of the town’s 140,000 population.

Rest of the story here (broken link).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2008, 06:37 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
My only comment is that Mexico has the right to toss the illegals out----------even if they are Gringoes.

Old 08-12-2008, 07:26 AM

3,859 posts, read 9,170,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
My only comment is that Mexico has the right to toss the illegals out----------even if they are Gringoes.
I agree. But in the meantime let them have to deal with what it feels like-albeit on a much smaller scale- to have your home overrun by invaders.

Old 08-12-2008, 10:14 PM

3,172 posts, read 5,994,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
I agree. But in the meantime let them have to deal with what it feels like-albeit on a much smaller scale- to have your home overrun by invaders.
I'm sure Mexico has known what that feels like before.

Old 08-12-2008, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
I'm sure Mexico has known what that feels like before.
Not really and I wish to see them have to deal with some of the same problems we have in our country because of the illegals. It would serve them right.

Old 08-12-2008, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
Not really and I wish to see them have to deal with some of the same problems we have in our country because of the illegals. It would serve them right.
It would serve them right! Since theyre in Mexico and arent illegally immigrating into the United States or anything. Theyre Mexicans!

Old 08-12-2008, 10:48 PM

Quote:
It would serve them right! Since theyre in Mexico and arent illegally immigrating into the United States or anything. Theyre Mexicans!
The country is behind the illegals and the powers that be in Mexico are all for their citizens coming to our country as long as they are the poor and uneducated. That is how much of Mexico survives, by the money sent back from said illegals that they helped to get here in the first place. Stop trying to make a racial case when there is none. You are pathetic.

Old 08-12-2008, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
The country is behind the illegals and the powers that be in Mexico are all for their citizens coming to our country as long as they are the poor and uneducated. That is how much of Mexico survives, by the money sent back from said illegals that they helped to get here in the first place. Stop trying to make a racial case when there is none. You are pathetic.
Another personal attack? Whats with you guys?

Anyways, Mexico also survives because of the investments of other countries INCLUDING the United States.

But you can't hate Mexico and its people because the government does some shady things.
Thats what governments do! Thats their business!

Old 08-12-2008, 11:34 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Quote:
Another one right over your head, Benicar.

To clarify, I meant "thats their business!" as in its a government's(any government's) business to do shady things to benefit themselves.
That was my understanding, and I responded accordingly. Sorry it went over your head.

Are we feeling a little neglected today? Do you need a hug?

Old 08-12-2008, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
That was my understanding, and I responded accordingly. Sorry it went over your head.

Are we feeling a little neglected today? Do you need a hug?
Yeah, sorry, I didn't realize you were actually twisting my words to make some kind of new meaning, so I deleted said post.

Nah, I'm good. No illegals have destroyed my life yet, so who am I to complain, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or