U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 07:59 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,735,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
The Mexican telenovelas drive that point home: few 'people of color' are portrayed---------let alone in positions of power.

Suffice to say: if I were a 'brown' Mexican--------I would be both hurt and offended.
\
OMG are you serious? That is what makes or breaks you is you color??
Unbelievable.

Old 09-20-2008, 08:14 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,628,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
\
OMG are you serious? That is what makes or breaks you is you color??
Unbelievable.
Quite serious.

Several brown Latinos told me they visited Spain and left----------the Hispanics there look down on Mestizos.

Old 09-20-2008, 08:54 PM

24,757 posts, read 32,907,406 times
yeah, my relatives go there and all they get is "marrueco" (Morrocan)

Old 09-20-2008, 08:56 PM

9,605 posts, read 14,278,411 times
I am married to a very attractive, very mestizo looking Mexican-American lady. She is dark. When we dated in Michigan, people wondered how I got someone so out of my league. When we would visit her family in the Rio Grande Valley (McAllen Texas area), Mexican nationals that frequently shop in our area would look at me in disgust. I would also hear their comments in Spanish (I speak fluently). I would hear such things as "Why is that guy with that negra?" "Look, a white guy with trash" and much worse. Intrestingly, the darker people in the Rio Grande Valley live in the poorest areas while the lighter Mexicans have all the best jobs and live in the biggest houses. Being Mestizo in Mexico and even parts of the United States is bad, even to this day.

Old 09-20-2008, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
I am married to a very attractive, very mestizo looking Mexican-American lady. She is dark. When we dated in Michigan, people wondered how I got someone so out of my league. When we would visit her family in the Rio Grande Valley (McAllen Texas area), Mexican nationals that frequently shop in our area would look at me in disgust. I would also hear their comments in Spanish (I speak fluently). I would hear such things as "Why is that guy with that negra?" "Look, a white guy with trash" and much worse. Intrestingly, the darker people in the Rio Grande Valley live in the poorest areas while the lighter Mexicans have all the best jobs and live in the biggest houses. Being Mestizo in Mexico and even parts of the United States is bad, even to this day.
That is odd: I would think that the Latinos would look at your lady as being 'trash' for being involved with a 'Gringo'.

Yes; another example of the White supremacy of Hispanic culture---------and, even most of the Mestizos embrace that poisonous attitude.

Old 09-20-2008, 09:29 PM

9,605 posts, read 14,278,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
That is odd: I would think that the Latinos would look at your lady as being 'trash' for being involved with a 'Gringo'.

Yes; another example of the White supremacy of Hispanic culture---------and, even most of the Mestizos embrace that poisonous attitude.
Oh it is there. People don't realize it, but white supremacy reigns in Mexico. One of my best friends is married to a lady that is half black and half Mexican. She also lived in South Texas. Like my wife, she would be punished for playing in the sun because it would make her darker. Of course, my friend and I encourage our wives to go into the sun. They look goregous afterwards!

Old 09-21-2008, 12:35 PM

6,011 posts, read 6,728,490 times
well none of the terms that are used in latin america besides black and white are offered in the US

meztizo
mullato
zambo

are not offered, only an ethnic/nationalisitc/language classification. thus thereason many people think hispanic are racial groups

Old 09-21-2008, 12:42 PM

6,011 posts, read 6,728,490 times
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv
I am married to a very attractive, very mestizo looking Mexican-American lady. She is dark.

is she a meztiZo or a negro/zambo?

I would also hear their comments in Spanish (I speak fluently). I would hear such things as "Why is that guy with that negra?" "Look, a white guy with trash" and much worse.

again is she black or meztizo(european+amerindian)

Intrestingly, the darker people in the Rio Grande Valley live in the poorest areas while the lighter Mexicans have all the best jobs and live in the biggest houses.

Being Mestizo in Mexico and even parts of the United States is bad, even to this day.

i think you are confused fromwhat you said up above made no sense so ill ask again is she negra, zambo(african descent and amerindian) or meztizo.

mexico is majority meztizos, the people that have it worse are the amerindian people. And the afro-mexican community that face discimination for being seen as immigrants from belize.

Old 09-21-2008, 01:40 PM

Too bad that when Great Britain granted independence to British Honduras (Belize) back in 1981----------we the USA did not offer to take that land off of GB's hands.

Of course; Mexico would poop its drawers wedged between two enclaves of the USA.............and Guatemala would be spooked as well.

Old 09-21-2008, 02:09 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,207,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
la leyendra negra
What does the "Black Legend" have to do with this topic?
Black Legend - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration