U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 11:18 PM

3,172 posts, read 5,995,777 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
That is odd: I would think that the Latinos would look at your lady as being 'trash' for being involved with a 'Gringo'.

Yes; another example of the White supremacy of Hispanic culture---------and, even most of the Mestizos embrace that poisonous attitude.
What do you have to back up that "most" embrace that?
You've never even been in Mexico except for a 10 mintute stint at the border area of Tijuana.

I think your point in frequently mentioning this stuff is that the US isnt racist anymore, and trying to point out other cultures supposedly being more racist to make the US look better.

Old 09-21-2008, 11:28 PM

3,640 posts, read 4,309,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
What do you have to back up that "most" embrace that?
You've never even been in Mexico except for a 10 mintute stint at the border area of Tijuana.

I think your point in frequently mentioning this stuff is that the US isnt racist anymore, and trying to point out other cultures supposedly being more racist to make the US look better.
Mexico is racist and so are the majority of the Mexicans that come here illegally! He never said that America was racist. Problem with reading comprehension of the English language?

Old 09-21-2008, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
Mexico is racist and so are the majority of the Mexicans that come here illegally! He never said that America was racist. Problem with reading comprehension of the English language?
haha, speaking of comprehension..

Old 09-22-2008, 06:07 AM

77 posts, read 101,200 times
Quote:
Too bad that when Great Britain granted independence to British Honduras (Belize) back in 1981----------we the USA did not offer to take that land off of GB's hands.

Of course; Mexico would poop its drawers wedged between two enclaves of the USA.............and Guatemala would be spooked as well.
You realize that the Belizean population is 34% Mestizo (the largest single ethnic group) and 15% Spanish, right?
(R+SP WebServer)

Old 09-22-2008, 07:25 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NibblingNed View Post
You realize that the Belizean population is 34% Mestizo (the largest single ethnic group) and 15% Spanish, right?
(R+SP WebServer)
That I believe-----------and, under US government guidelines, people from Belize are not counted as Hispanic. For that matter: a Spanish named person from Gibraltar despite being bilingual in English and Spanish is definitely not Hispanic---------they self identify as English.

Hell: on paper people from the Philippines 'should' be Latino but ain't----------despite their strong Spanish roots.

Old 09-22-2008, 11:43 AM

77 posts, read 101,200 times
Quote:
That I believe-----------and, under US government guidelines, people from Belize are not counted as Hispanic. For that matter: a Spanish named person from Gibraltar despite being bilingual in English and Spanish is definitely not Hispanic---------they self identify as English.

Hell: on paper people from the Philippines 'should' be Latino but ain't----------despite their strong Spanish roots.
I don't know what guidelines you're going by. As you say the Gibraltarian can "self identify" as English. Self-identification's what it's all about.

Quote:
Supplementary Information, B(1). "The racial and ethnic categories set forth in the standards should not be interpreted as being primarily biological or genetic in reference. Race and ethnicity may be thought of in terms of social and cultural characteristics as well as ancestry.", (2). "Respect for individual dignity should guide the processes and methods for collecting data on race and ethnicity; ideally, respondent self-identification should be facilitated to the greatest extent possible, recognizing that in some data collection systems observer identification is more practical."
(Revisions to the Standards for the Classification of Federal Data on Race and Ethnicity (http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/fedreg/ombdir15.html - broken link))

The Belizean, Gibraltarian, or Filipino can self-identify as Hispanic if it suits him or her. One-drop rules and paper bag tests went out with poodle skirts and ducktails.

Old 09-22-2008, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NibblingNed View Post
I don't know what guidelines you're going by. As you say the Gibraltarian can "self identify" as English. Self-identification's what it's all about.

(Revisions to the Standards for the Classification of Federal Data on Race and Ethnicity (http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/fedreg/ombdir15.html - broken link))

The Belizean, Gibraltarian, or Filipino can self-identify as Hispanic if it suits him or her. One-drop rules and paper bag tests went out with poodle skirts and ducktails.
If your info is correct----------all the more reason to delete 'Hispanic' as an ethnic identity. It is a de facto weasel word for some 'people of color' to avoid being pegged as Black or Indian due to the White supremacy of Hispanic culture. A culture that rewards people with white skin and blue eyes.

Old 09-22-2008, 11:56 AM

Quote:
If your info is correct----------all the more reason to delete 'Hispanic' as an ethnic identity. It is a de facto weasel word for some 'people of color' to avoid being pegged as Black or Indian due to the White supremacy of Hispanic culture. A culture that rewards people with white skin and blue eyes.
Give it up already.
Youre basing this on a couple of friends and a few novelas.

We've been over this so many times. Most countries hold that same white skin and blue eyes highly, for reasons I wont go into for fear of drawing out Macmeal.

Are all those countries white supremacist too?

Why is whiteness being upheld as beauty in Mexico so much more racist than all the other countries that are the same way?

Mexico by the way, having had a couple presidents with African ancestry, having national heros like Benito Juarez who was Amerindian, Venezuela having a president who is part African ancestry, etc.

Not to mention I dont think you understand the variations of what a mestizo can look like. I remember you replying to pictures being posted, commenting on them not realizing the people looked very Mestizo.

I'm beginning to think that what you consider a "stereotypically mestizo" is getting twisted with a full Amerindian.

Old 09-22-2008, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Give it up already.
Youre basing this on a couple of friends and a few novelas.

We've been over this so many times. Most countries hold that same white skin and blue eyes highly, for reasons I wont go into for fear of drawing out Macmeal.

Are all those countries white supremacist too?

Why is whiteness being upheld as beauty in Mexico so much more racist than all the other countries that are the same way?

Mexico by the way, having had a couple presidents with African ancestry, having national heros like Benito Juarez who was Amerindian, Venezuela having a president who is part African ancestry, etc.

Not to mention I dont think you understand the variations of what a mestizo can look like. I remember you replying to pictures being posted, commenting on them not realizing the people looked very Mestizo.

I'm beginning to think that what you consider a "stereotypically mestizo" is getting twisted with a full Amerindian.
Explain all of what you posted to a Mexican, etc. national.

I stand by my position.

Old 09-22-2008, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Explain all of what you posted to a Mexican, etc. national.

I stand by my position.
How many nationals do you know?
Its a big generalization.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration