U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 02:09 PM

77 posts, read 101,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
If your info is correct----------all the more reason to delete 'Hispanic' as an ethnic identity. It is a de facto weasel word for some 'people of color' to avoid being pegged as Black or Indian due to the White supremacy of Hispanic culture. A culture that rewards people with white skin and blue eyes.
I just knew you'd say that. Remember, however, that Hispanics/Latinos can self-identify as Hispanic/Latino (or not, it's either/or) in the ethnicity field and self-identify as one of (or a mixture of) several races in the race field on the US Census short form. (There is also an ancestry field (there are several hundred coded ancestries) on the long form (20% sample).) So Hispanics are free to be as white as they want to be. This is America, dammit!

I see your offer to delete Hispanic, and raise you an offer to delete race, ethnicity, and ancestry categories altogether. Too bad I have a feeling you won't be joining me at the higher stakes tables. Deleting national categories next is likely too rich for your blood.

Old 09-22-2008, 03:54 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,650,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NibblingNed View Post
I just knew you'd say that. Remember, however, that Hispanics/Latinos can self-identify as Hispanic/Latino (or not, it's either/or) in the ethnicity field and self-identify as one of (or a mixture of) several races in the race field on the US Census short form. (There is also an ancestry field (there are several hundred coded ancestries) on the long form (20% sample).) So Hispanics are free to be as white as they want to be. This is America, dammit!

I see your offer to delete Hispanic, and raise you an offer to delete race, ethnicity, and ancestry categories altogether. Too bad I have a feeling you won't be joining me at the higher stakes tables. Deleting national categories next is likely too rich for your blood.
I am not playing your game.

Next!

Old 09-22-2008, 06:59 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,176,765 times
I'll call your raise to delete ALL but nationality categories! Let's get it down to the REAL nitty-gritty and quit with all this RACE-BASED BULLSH*T!!!

Old 09-22-2008, 07:26 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,000,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
I'll call your raise to delete ALL but nationality categories! Let's get it down to the REAL nitty-gritty and quit with all this RACE-BASED BULLSH*T!!!
Finally, we can strip ourselves of being associated with Hispanics, huh, Guy?

Old 09-22-2008, 08:31 PM

24,757 posts, read 32,933,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv
I am married to a very attractive, very mestizo looking Mexican-American lady. She is dark.

is she a meztiZo or a negro/zambo?

I would also hear their comments in Spanish (I speak fluently). I would hear such things as "Why is that guy with that negra?" "Look, a white guy with trash" and much worse.

again is she black or meztizo(european+amerindian)

Intrestingly, the darker people in the Rio Grande Valley live in the poorest areas while the lighter Mexicans have all the best jobs and live in the biggest houses.

Being Mestizo in Mexico and even parts of the United States is bad, even to this day.

i think you are confused fromwhat you said up above made no sense so ill ask again is she negra, zambo(african descent and amerindian) or meztizo.

mexico is majority meztizos, the people that have it worse are the amerindian people. And the afro-mexican community that face discimination for being seen as immigrants from belize.
There are Afro-Mexicans that have nothing to do with Belize, especially in Guerrero and Veracruz states.......African/Native mixed zambos mostly, they self-identify as "indios negros."

Old 09-22-2008, 08:33 PM

I'm SICK AND TIRED of being lumped into a category of law-breaking, border-jumping, ethno-centric pimps and panderers that do NOTHING for the betterment of the NATION I am a member of! I'm SICK AND TIRED of all the TRASH Mexico has thrown across the border in their attempt to hang onto power and privilege while MY COUNTRYMEN pay the price for it! I not only ROOTED for Subcommandante Marcos, I SENT HIM $$$$$!

America is for AMERICANS, TO HELL with the rest!

Old 09-22-2008, 08:36 PM

24,757 posts, read 32,933,175 times
Quote:
I'm SICK AND TIRED of being lumped into a category of law-breaking, border-jumping, ethno-centric pimps and panderers that do NOTHING for the betterment of the NATION I am a member of! I'm SICK AND TIRED of all the TRASH Mexico has thrown across the border in their attempt to hang onto power and privilege while MY COUNTRYMEN pay the price for it! I not only ROOTED for Subcommandante Marcos, I SENT HIM $$$$$!

*NSA takes note of financial transaction*

Old 09-22-2008, 08:51 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,220,459 times
Quote:

Well said

Old 09-22-2008, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
*NSA takes note of financial transaction*
I couldn't care LESS! There is only ONE way to stop the rape of America by Mexico, and that is to CHANGE Mexico! The NSA, the IRS, the FBI, the CIA and EVERY OTHER alphabet soup agency of the NWO has ALREADY got my name AND my bank records. Chances are I'll be one of the FIRST Americans incarcerated at one of those 'new' Halliburton camps sprouting up ALL OVER America.

If you've never Googled 'Halliburton camps', prepare to be scared SH*TLESS!!!!

Old 09-22-2008, 09:37 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,650,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
There are Afro-Mexicans that have nothing to do with Belize, especially in Guerrero and Veracruz states.......African/Native mixed zambos mostly, they self-identify as "indios negros."
Funny you mentioned that: I used to work with a Hispanic who looked mostly like a stereotypical Black man but had softer, more Mestizo facial features.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration