Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 11:09 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,429,775 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
I couldn't care LESS! There is only ONE way to stop the rape of America by Mexico, and that is to CHANGE Mexico! The NSA, the IRS, the FBI, the CIA and EVERY OTHER alphabet soup agency of the NWO has ALREADY got my name AND my bank records. Chances are I'll be one of the FIRST Americans incarcerated at one of those 'new' Halliburton camps sprouting up ALL OVER America.

If you've never Googled 'Halliburton camps', prepare to be scared SH*TLESS!!!!
The town I live in here in OK.(Duncan) is the former headquarters of Halliburton with 3 Division still in operation here.
Greg Culp on Reliability - Director of Manufacturing - Halliburton

Homeland Security To Build Detention Camps In The United States (http://www.gnn.tv/headlines/7254/Homeland_Security_To_Build_Detention_Camps_In_The_ United_States - broken link)

Old 09-22-2008, 11:14 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
the issue that most have is not about racial status, its about behavior, in this case defying immigration law.

Old 09-22-2008, 11:41 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,753,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
This thread is getting too race oriented.
The thread itself is race oriented.

"Why do people lump Hispanic immigrants with Spanish Ancestry with Mexican indians"

Old 09-22-2008, 11:54 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,593,942 times
OK, get this. You give American Hispanics a bad rap by advocating for people who have knowingly broken the laws of this nation.

I've worked ALL MY LIFE to do the RIGHT thing by the values I was taught, and the country that I love. I damned sure don't go to bat for criminals, REGARDLESS of the fact that we may share an ethnicity.

I'm glad you're getting an education, why aren't you taking American History and Civics? You seem to be lacking in those subjects.

If you think I'm ignorant you're only demonstrating your own ignorance.

People don't think you're 'less American' because you're Hispanic, they think you're 'less American' because you defend and support law-breaking wage thieves.

Old 09-23-2008, 12:06 AM

1,818 posts, read 3,093,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
And I'm an anchor baby? haha. How's that?
Born and raised in this country to American citizen parents.
But I disagree with you, so that makes me an anchor baby?

How do I give American Hispanics a bad name?

What are you doing to give American Hispanics a good name?
You don't even identify as a Hispanic! You'd rather give some ambigous answer that you are "American" or "Mixed".

I'm a law abiding person who's worked since he was of age to. I'm educating myself, going to university, getting a Bachelor's. And you know what? After that, I'm getting a Master's.

I laughed when I last mentioned I am a college student, and you snickered and said something about me "depending on mommy" and being a "snot nosed" because I was going to school.
I laughed because it's the same type of response you can expect from an ignorant person towards anyone getting an education.

I've worked two jobs and gotten my financial aid to get this far. And now that I'm going to finish up, I thought I'd take it easy and get a loan so I can focus more on school than work.
Mom and Dad couldn't pay for my school out of their own pockets, but they always worked hard to give me a good life.
Kind of a "teach someone to fish instead of giving them the fish" type thing.

I'm working towards what I want, and I know that I'll reap the benefits later, and have a job that I won't have to worry about some dude who can't speak English and doesn't have his papers stealing from me.

And when I register to vote, or whenever I have a chance to mark my ethnicity, I proudly mark Hispanic/Latino, or Mexican-American.
Why? Because I like to represent my family, my culture, and my group.

Because if I dont, that means I'm okay with all the negative stereotypes that are put on the ethnicity me and my family are of.
Nah, I'd rather do good by my people, my family, instead of chickening out and saying I'm "just American.", because I'm too scared what people will think of me if they associate me with the stereotypes. Im not scared that people will think I'm "less American". As we've seen on this board, they do. But I don't care, because I know what I am, a Mexican-American and I'm really proud of it.

I want it to be seen that my grandmother's immigrating here wasn't in vain. She came here from Mexico with nothing, worked all her life, and her grandchildren are living the American dream. Why would I want to forget that, and ignore that? I'm proud of that.
Beautiful post, I'm sure that your family is very proud of you.
I don't know if you have children, but if you do, you will be very be
very much of an inspiration for them.

Old 09-23-2008, 12:19 AM

3,172 posts, read 6,753,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
Beautiful post, I'm sure that your family is very proud of you.
I don't know if you have children, but if you do, you will be very be
very much of an inspiration for them.
Thanks, but I have had it way easy.
Its my grandmother and my parents who really worked hard and inspire me to do good for myself as an American.
I would never let myself squander what my grandmother sacrificed to give her children and grandchildren by coming here, she inspires me to make the best of it.

And I don't forget why I'm blessed to be here, and I hope many more are able to as well.

Old 09-23-2008, 12:10 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,556,692 times
Quote:

People don't think you're 'less American' because you're Hispanic, they think you're 'less American' because you defend and support law-breaking wage thieves.
Very simple fact, one I totally concur with and share..but for some reason, one of the most difficult of concepts for some people, and apparently, totally beyond the ability of a few to EVER grasp. Keep trying, though..

Old 09-23-2008, 03:24 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,749,891 times
Quote:
OK, get this. You give American Hispanics a bad rap by advocating for people who have knowingly broken the laws of this nation.

I've worked ALL MY LIFE to do the RIGHT thing by the values I was taught, and the country that I love. I damned sure don't go to bat for criminals, REGARDLESS of the fact that we may share an ethnicity.

I'm glad you're getting an education, why aren't you taking American History and Civics? You seem to be lacking in those subjects.

If you think I'm ignorant you're only demonstrating your own ignorance.

Give this man a cigar!

Old 09-23-2008, 03:30 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Ignorance. Willful and otherwise.

"Hispanic" is about as useful a term to figure out what a person looks like as saying "American."

Old 09-23-2008, 03:44 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,556,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Ignorance. Willful and otherwise.

"Hispanic" is about as useful a term to figure out what a person looks like as saying "American."
Well, it may not be scientific, but I think we ALL know what it MEANS....and as a matter of fact, there are a WHOLE lot of people on this forum that seem to FORGET it....their ancestors may have been Iberian, and they may even understand the language....but they're acting DOWNRIGHT UNHISPANIC over this whole immigration mess!!

(At least, I guess if it's possible to act 'unamerican', it's just as possible to act 'unhispanic'....right?)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration