U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-13-2008, 05:12 PM
 
Location: Denver
9,067 posts, read 15,499,585 times
Reputation: 5288

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
While there may be varying degrees of criminal acts at the end of the day, everyone who is here illegally either started out that way or overstayed their visas. Doesn't change the fact that they are all criminals.

Again, putting lipstick on a pig doesn't change the fact that underneath the lipstick it's still a pig.

O/T Hee, hee, once again, looks like you lost the gotcha game. You are so far behind the 8 ball save yourself from further embarrassment and stop stalking me.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/2008-...rn-both-2.html

What are you talking about?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-13-2008, 05:13 PM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,909,669 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
What are you talking about?
I posted the link all either of you have to do is click on it. Then you can let your buddies know they lost again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2008, 05:14 PM
 
Location: Denver
9,067 posts, read 15,499,585 times
Reputation: 5288
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
Or if Mach's SSN was stolen and his financial history was ruined and cost thousands of dollars and years to fix.
Listen I am sorry if things have happened to you personally. To me that skews your perception and debate skills if you allow feelings to get involved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2008, 05:16 PM
 
Location: Denver
9,067 posts, read 15,499,585 times
Reputation: 5288
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
I posted the link all either of you have to do is click on it. Then you can let your buddies know they lost again.
Why would I want to? And why are you saying I am stalking you I didn't post in that thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2008, 05:17 PM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,909,669 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Listen I am sorry if things have happened to you personally. To me that skews your perception and debate skills if you allow feelings to get involved.
Now it's my turn what are you talking about? I don't take anything any of you say personal, which is why you never see me getting all bent out of shape and whining.

It's not rocket science you all play the same game of tag.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2008, 05:18 PM
 
1,398 posts, read 6,028,331 times
Reputation: 1793
I also think the pro-illegals would feel differently if their own personal SSN's were the ones stolen by illegals; or their own taxes escalated exponentially to pay for services for illegals where they lived, services that we taxpayers never receive (as has happened to me); or they were almost refused hospital care after a severe auto accident because the ER's were full of non-emergency illegals (as has happened to me, with the accident itself caused by an illegal with no drivers' license).

Personal experiences like my own and that of countless other posters here underscore the reality of the problems caused by illegals in this country to those readers who by luck of circumstance might still remain untouched, which is the opposite of the assertion that it doesn't count because it happened to us. It indeed happened to us, and as the numbers of illegals increase will be happening more and more and more to everyone eventually. As was quoted, "yes, they broke the law." Back to topic, I don't have a lot of empathy for wire-cutting shoplifters of close to 1K worth of merchandise either.

I continually marvel: how can anyone be pro-criminal? In Los Angeles where I live, the mindset of illegals is that since they got away with breaking a Federal law, anything goes, no law needs be obeyed, large or small. They have no respect for this country, its citizens or its laws, unlike the entirety of legal immigrants of the past and present.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2008, 05:19 PM
 
3,859 posts, read 9,186,014 times
Reputation: 2728
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Listen I am sorry if things have happened to you personally. To me that skews your perception and debate skills if you allow feelings to get involved.
It has not happened to me but it has happened to way too many Americans.

Just because it has not happened to me does not mean I cannot be angry about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2008, 05:20 PM
 
Location: Denver
9,067 posts, read 15,499,585 times
Reputation: 5288
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Now it's my turn what are you talking about? I don't take anything any of you say personal, which is why you never see me getting all bent out of shape and whining.

It's not rocket science you all play the same game of tag.
Maybe this is a game to you, but I call that trolling, which I don't do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2008, 05:23 PM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,909,669 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Maybe this is a game to you, but I call that trolling, which I don't do.
No its not a game to me. At least we agree on something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2008, 05:23 PM
 
Location: Denver
9,067 posts, read 15,499,585 times
Reputation: 5288
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfilm View Post
I also think the pro-illegals would feel differently if their own personal SSN's were the ones stolen by illegals; or their own taxes escalated exponentially to pay for services for illegals where they lived, services that we taxpayers never receive (as has happened to me); or they were almost refused hospital care after a severe auto accident because the ER's were full of non-emergency illegals (as has happened to me, with the accident itself caused by an illegal with no drivers' license).

As was quoted, "yes, they broke the law." Back to topic, I don't have a lot of empathy for wire-cutting shoplifters of close to 1K worth of merchandise either.

I continually marvel: how can anyone be pro-criminal? In Los Angeles where I live, the mindset of illegals is that since they got away with breaking a Federal law, anything goes. They have no respect for this country, its citizens or its laws.
Again you have personal feelings that skew your judgement on the topic and lead you to a closed mind. No offense to you fastfilm but the illegals you know in LA are not representative of all illegals. What you start to encroach on is a Latino presence issue, because 70% of Mexicans in California were found to be legal.

This is not being pro-anything, what this is, is being open minded and not generalizing people as all bad. So don't be so quick to label people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top