U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 04:56 PM

3,859 posts, read 9,173,371 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
What can we do to those already born here and given citizenship? You want these Americans to grow up being labeled "Anchor baby"?

Well if the shoe fits.....

Maybe their parents should have been more concerned about the consequences that their children might have faced being an anchor baby instead of coming here to get freebies while manipulating our 14th amendment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2008, 05:00 PM

Quote:
What can we do to those already born here and given citizenship? You want these Americans to grow up being labeled "Anchor baby"?
Quote:
What is wrong with paying a fine, and get on a path to becoming legal? Then start enforcing the laws. Otherwise exactly what we should have done in 1986.

I am guess your answer will be simply "no thanks", but that is not very convincing IMO.
Because it is rewarding bad behavior-plain and simple What about those that are currently in line to come here legally? What a slap in the face and a knife in the back to them. The illegals could have come here the right way by getting in line and doing it the right way. But you know it takes too long, you need to have background checks, health tests, etc. You have to follow the law-something that they cannot comprehend. It is much easier to come here illegally. Sorry but I welcome those here that sacrifice and do it the right way not illegal alien cheats.

Old 08-13-2008, 05:00 PM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 25 days ago)

9,060 posts, read 15,472,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
[/b]

Well if the shoe fits.....

Maybe their parents should have been more concerned about the consequences that their children might have faced being an anchor baby instead of coming here to get freebies while manipulating our 14th amendment.
It is a law of the United States, this isn't even illegal. How about fixing the amendment rather than labeling American babies or do you not even consider them Americans?

Old 08-13-2008, 05:01 PM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 25 days ago)

9,060 posts, read 15,472,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
Because it is rewarding bad behavior-plain and simple What about those that are currently in line to come here legally? What a slap in the face and a knife in the back to them. The illegals could have come here the right way by getting in line and doing it the right way. But you know it takes too long, you need to have background checks, health tests, etc. You have to follow the law-something that they cannot comprehend. It is much easier to come here illegally. Sorry but I welcome those here that sacrifice and do it the right way not illegal alien cheats.
One problem they are already here and some have been for quite some time.

Old 08-13-2008, 05:06 PM

Quote:
One problem they are already here and some have been for quite some time.
Again we need to reward illegal behavior just because they have broken the law for quite some time? That is a cop out and again a slap in the face not only to Americans but those waiting in line to come here legally.

Old 08-13-2008, 05:10 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,711,852 times
Quote:
What is wrong with paying a fine, and get on a path to becoming legal? Then start enforcing the laws. Otherwise exactly what we should have done in 1986.

I am guess your answer will be simply "no thanks", but that is not very convincing IMO.

You mean after this Absolutley Positively FINAL Amnesty, we can immediately deport anyone in the country illegally? Ha! Do you expect me to believe that?To date every attempt we make to enforce immigation law is met with resistance. That is not going to change if the illegals here now are given amnesty. And no, I don't care if they pay a fine. They get to stay=amnesty.

Here are some reasons why amnesty is a bad idea

1. all it will do is encourage even more to come and await the next serial amnesty. There won't be one? It seems to me I've heard that somewhere before........
2. unlimited chain immigration
3. amnesty means they will have full access to the benefits available to US citizens while still contributing nothing or next to nothing in taxes. Granting them amnesty is not going to suddenly turn the illegals into CPAs and bond traders. I can think of no reason at all that we should give citizenship to millions of uneducated and unskilled illegal aliens. These simply are not the type of immigrants that will benefit a 21st century first World country.
4. if you have ever raised children, you understand the importance of not rewarding bad behavior. They knew they were breaking the law. It is time for them to go home.

I'm sure others can come up with additional reasons as to why amnesty is such a bad idea.

Old 08-13-2008, 05:32 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,617,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
You mean after this Absolutley Positively FINAL Amnesty, we can immediately deport anyone in the country illegally? Ha! Do you expect me to believe that?To date every attempt we make to enforce immigation law is met with resistance. That is not going to change if the illegals here now are given amnesty. And no, I don't care if they pay a fine. They get to stay=amnesty.

Here are some reasons why amnesty is a bad idea

1. all it will do is encourage even more to come and await the next serial amnesty. There won't be one? It seems to me I've heard that somewhere before........
2. unlimited chain immigration
3. amnesty means they will have full access to the benefits available to US citizens while still contributing nothing or next to nothing in taxes. Granting them amnesty is not going to suddenly turn the illegals into CPAs and bond traders. I can think of no reason at all that we should give citizenship to millions of uneducated and unskilled illegal aliens. These simply are not the type of immigrants that will benefit a 21st century first World country.
4. if you have ever raised children, you understand the importance of not rewarding bad behavior. They knew they were breaking the law. It is time for them to go home.

I'm sure others can come up with additional reasons as to why amnesty is such a bad idea.
Magnificent post, simple and incontrovertible..(particularly the part about 'rewarding bad behavior'). I can only add that if you HAVE raised children, you know that, not ONLY is it a bad idea to reward bad behavior....it's an equally bad idea to go on and on and on and on and on and ON, in an endless, repetitious, monotonous, ultimately fruitless effort to 'explain' over and over and over WHY you're 'not rewarding the bad behavior'....that only encourages MORE 'whining'.

You don't reward bad behavior because you DON'T....PERIOD. It's an insult to those who do "good" behavior....it's an insult to YOU (the 'one in charge'), and it's a sign of weakness and indecision that can be 'smelled a block away'.

Whether you're talking about misbehaving children, or illegals from a Third World society who have only a vague notion of why "Laws" should even BE obeyed at ALL, the fact is that REWARDING BAD BEHAVIOR IS COUNTERPRODUCTIVE...it doesn't make for "happiness"...or "appreciation"..or even "gratitude"....it makes for resentment, anger, and demands for ever MORE concessions. There's no respect for "wimps" in the Third World...and people who go back on their own laws are most assuredly "wimps". NOBODY likes a WIMP !....

Hope this explains it. I know we'll have more questions.

Old 08-13-2008, 06:49 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,816,809 times
Quote:
So you are saying that people really cannot find work? How come for years the unemployment rate did not budge when all the illegals were coming "stealing" jobs? Now we have all these laws in place, kicking illegals out and the unemployment rate is highest in a decade.

Are you suggesting that the rise in the unemployment rate can be attributed to the loss of jobs by illegal aliens? If so, please be advised that the unemployment rates are based on the number of unemployment "claims" being filed in this country. In other words, the number of people receiving unemployment benefits. In case you dont know, illegal aliens do NOT qualify for unemployment benefits. Therefore, they are NOT included in those figures. There are also millions of other unemployed or underemployed legal citizens who are not reflected in the reported unemployment rate.

If anything, the increase in the unemployment rate can be partially attributed to the increase in illegals replacing legal citizens; the number of lay-offs from corporations; outsourcing, and insourcing. Illegal immigration may not be the ONLY factor in the rise in the unemployment rate, but it certainly is ONE factor.

Old 08-13-2008, 07:24 PM

214 posts, read 425,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Excellent point...short, sweet, and true. IF there was a Kazakh version of MEChA, and IF a number politicians were 'kow-towing' to Kazakh groups in order to 'appease' them, and IF anyone having a problem with MILLIONS of unassimilated Kazakhs in American society was forced to constantly defend himself against charges of racism, then you can BET that there would be significant anti-Kazakh sentiment evident throughout American society....not the least of which would be expressed by many pro-illegals, distressed by these 'new' illegals (Kazakhs), because "THAT'S not the kind of illegals we meant, when said we defended them"....I can easily see it now.

Bottom line? Kazakhs are NOT seen as a threat to our society, because there aren't enough of them IN our society to 'threaten' it. Has nothing to do with racism or 'anti'-anything...it has to do with numbers, with assimilation, and with geography.

I disagree . I see alot of legal or visa carrying immigrants from Middle East a threat to our society . They not only don't assimilate but the majority join anti-American groups like Nation of islam, CAIR and many other radical type groups. Not all muslims are radical, just the ones who strickly obey the koran .

They make demands just like the others. We now have footbaths in major airports , gender seperations in our universities , islamic paramilitary compounds, like 'Islamburg '. Aand so far 1000s of mosque ,schools and other places of 'worship' .

Take a good look at our prisons now that are all required to have a mosque ,our schhols and places of work 'TYSON CHICKEN' where they demanded RAMADAN and a seperate place to pray to allah a few times a day .

We took christian and jewish prayer out of our schools and stuck islam in it's place . Millions of our blacks are joining them , [ LOUIS FARRAKHANS " MILLION MAN MARCH " ] . Our prisons are recruiting grounds for islam also.

There are millions of muslims invited in by the same leaders who keep our borders wide open . Also coming in across the north border from canada nobody ever talks about .

If we don't vote out those people occupying the whitehouse and soon, we will be too outnumbred by the the enemies they have put amoung us to do anything .

Maybe the mexicans are a decoy to hide the real problem. Show one nation who they invade or reside in that has democracy .

Old 08-13-2008, 07:47 PM

214 posts, read 425,554 times
Weasel Zippers ,"NYC: Muslims Stomp the US Flag ", google this video. you won't beleive what you see !

Watch this video . While NYC citizens walk by or just look .This is the same place where they watched their fellow citizens jump,burn and be crushed to death on 911 .

I don't see much hope for us with citizens like this in this nation . We have millions of illegals fly flags in our streets [ act of war or conquoring ], and we just keep silent .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration