U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 10:08 PM

638 posts, read 1,637,758 times

Advertisements

Letter to McDonald's Corporation
NYSE : MCD
MCD: Summary for MCDONALDS CP - Yahoo! Finance
Sent via :
Contact Us

re : Hiring Illegal Aliens

2008/08/14

The Nevada arrests of illegal aliens employed by McDonald's, is in my opinion, the tip of the iceberg of hiring practices by McDonald's.

Any illegal alien employed at McDonald's has committed a Federal Crime of identity theft, and as the Nevada arrests prove, the franchise owner(s) conspired with the illegal aliens in this criminal activity.

With little effort, a handful of unorganized and unfunded individuals, could tally every metropolis in the country regarding McDonald's hiring of illegal aliens. That lends credibility to an unfavorable perception of McDonald's, especially, with McDonald's funding political groups like la raza.

McDonald's needs to respond to this, and not in some legal language excuse, but with a visible benchmark of McDonald's progress in removing illegal aliens from its worksforce.

As an average person, my options are limited. I can either ignore McDonald's criminal activity, or just not buy a lunch there.

I do understand, McDonald's is only one corporation amongst the multitude who has to resolve this problem, but that one illegal alien hired in this country put an American worker out of a job, and that's just unconscionable.

I don't expect a response, but I will post it online if you do, 'Here's what McDonald's said'. All I'm really asking though, is McDonald's do the right thing.

Thanks,

R
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2008, 10:17 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,015,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Do you have to yell troll to anyone who disagrees with you?
you and I have disagreed several times and never, never have I called YOU a troll.
there is a difference in the manner of relating ones position in an intelligent manner as you mostly do, and blithely sling hash on the wall as a TROLL does, which I have NEVER seen you do...........so there............

Old 08-14-2008, 11:25 AM

1,417 posts, read 851,493 times
The Brown list? LOL. A list of companies the "Brown" people support? lmao.

Old 08-14-2008, 01:57 PM

Tip of the iceberg :

"The only requirement for foreigners purchasing residential and commercial property in the U.S. is a valid visa to enter the country."
-- Jose Cuellar, Cornerstone Mortgage Co. (caters to Mexican clients).

This isn't about foriegn nationals owning property in this country, these mortgages are knowingly made to "illegal aliens".

Citibank
(mortgages to illegal aliens)

Wells Fargo

". . we won't question your legal status"
-- John Murillo, Wells Fargo Vice President, at Spanish-language news conference

"We're not required to ask the immigration status of any of our customers. That is the responsibility of the federal government."
-- Jerry Ruiz, Wells Fargo Bank Representative

AB can comment on that last statement, since the Governor of Arizona, Janet Napolitano (D), sang that mantra "it's the Federal Government's responsibility" during the duration of my time in Arizona, which always sounded to me like, "it's not my job". Off-topic, but interesting : in the last Governor election, one party demonstrated legal grounds that if the Federal Government continued its course of inaction, Arizona had the right to secede to secure its own borders. How's that for a wake up call?

Janet Napolitano's 02/27/07 address to national press club re : immigration and border security.
http://azgovernor.gov/dms/upload/NR_022707_NATIONAL%20PRESS%20CLUB%20FINAL.pdf (broken link)

Last edited by r601020; 08-14-2008 at 02:39 PM..

Old 08-14-2008, 08:38 PM

Bank of America

Researching . . U.S. Criminal Code re : aiding and abetting.
US CODE: Title 8,Part VIII—General Penalty Provisions

Last edited by r601020; 08-14-2008 at 10:13 PM..

Old 08-14-2008, 09:01 PM

4,828 posts, read 6,789,466 times
Good job r6, but it's a bit surprising the usual illegal immigration hotheads haven't shown up to urge their support for boycotting these companies. I guess actions do really speak louder than words.

Old 08-14-2008, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Good job r6, but it's a bit surprising the usual illegal immigration hotheads haven't shown up to urge their support for boycotting these companies. I guess actions do really speak louder than words.
I'm old school : "Do you want to talk about it . . or do something about it?"

Slow going at the moment, have to learn about law and taxes first.

Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA) of 1986
https://www.oig.lsc.gov/legis/irca86.htm (broken link)

Did you know, it's illegal to discriminate against American citizens? How is it then, if a company has a workforce comprised of almost entirely illegal aliens, they are not discriminating against American citizens?

Last edited by r601020; 08-14-2008 at 10:41 PM..

Old 08-14-2008, 10:34 PM

re : McDonald's
ICE probe of Nevada McDonald's franchisee results in guilty pleas by local corporation and current and former executives on immigration charges (http://www.ice.gov/pi/nr/0807/080716washington.htm?searchstring=mcdonald's - broken link)

U.S. Attorney for the District of Nevada Gregory A. Brower and Department of Homeland Security Assistant Secretary for ICE Julie L. Myers announced the plea agreements, which are the latest developments in an ICE probe that began in March 2007 after the agency received a tip about a possible incidence of identity theft from the sheriff's office in Lyon County, Nev.

In a hearing this morning in Las Vegas before U.S. District Court Judge James Mahan, attorneys for Mack Associates Inc., which owns the Reno-area McDonald's restaurants, pleaded guilty on behalf of the franchisee to one count of conspiracy to encourage and induce an alien's unlawful residence in the United States and one count of aiding and abetting an alien to remain in the United States, both felony offenses. Joe Gillespie, 53, of Sparks, Nev., the Director of Operations for Mack Associates Inc., also pleaded guilty to one count of aiding and abetting an alien to remain in the United States. Both defendants waived indictment by a federal grand jury and agreed to plead guilty to criminal informations.

The government and Mack Associates agreed that the corporation will pay a $1 million fine -- $500,000 for each count, the maximum allowed - and be placed on probation during the period that the fine is outstanding. The court accepted this agreement and sentenced Mack Associates today to one year of probation and ordered the corporation to pay the agreed upon $1 million fine, with $300,000 payable immediately and the balance to be paid within nine months.

The plea agreement details how Mack Associates' management employed individuals they knew were in the country illegally, including two restaurant managers, by furnishing them with names and Social Security numbers belonging to other individuals.

In addition, Jimmy Moore, 47, the franchisee's former vice-president, pleaded guilty to one felony count of inducing an illegal alien to remain in the United States. At sentencing, Moore faces a maximum penalty of up to five years in prison and a $250,000 fine.

A third defendant in the case, Anntoinette Richmond, 44, the corporation's controller, has been charged with one misdemeanor count of continuing employment of an unauthorized alien.

- - - - -

I think just like a volunteer fire department, we could easily perform an unorganized and unfunded layman's audit of corporations like McDonald's hiring practices throughout America.

To report suspicious activity :
Immigrations and Customs Enforcement 1-866-347-2423
or . . your local Sheriff

Old 08-15-2008, 05:56 AM

3,640 posts, read 4,308,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r601020 View Post
I'm old school : "Do you want to talk about it . . or do something about it?"

Slow going at the moment, have to learn about law and taxes first.

Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA) of 1986
https://www.oig.lsc.gov/legis/irca86.htm (broken link)

Did you know, it's illegal to discriminate against American citizens? How is it then, if a company has a workforce comprised of almost entirely illegal aliens, they are not discriminating against American citizens?
The facts are that illegals aliens seem to be preferred over citizens, even by the federal government when it comes to anything.

Old 08-15-2008, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
The facts are that illegals aliens seem to be preferred over citizens, even by the federal government when it comes to anything.
There's a lot of unethical activity, that's for sure . .

In regards to mortgage companies giving loans to illegal aliens, that "is" a crime under aiding and abetting, regardless if they are skirting the law with a "don't ask don't tell", internal policy, and further light should be on the FDIC for encouraging this as an "untapped market". If the mortgage companies (brokers) are in collusion with the illegal aliens, this too is a crime called "conspiracy".

The right thing to do as an American consumer is not do any business with these organizations. But the next thing to do is makes some arrests.

In regards to employment, this charge of discriminating against American citizens in the workforce is a crime under Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA) of 1986, and it's not being enforced from what I can tell in reviewing the arrests . . probably because (as in the McDonald's arrests) they've been charged with the other crimes, i.e., conspiracy, aiding and abetting, etc. However, a simple tally of illegal aliens employees vs. American citizen employees, would suffice to prove this charge should be tacked onto the next arrest.

Cheers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration