U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 06:25 PM

3,859 posts, read 9,170,984 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Simply put, Benicar . . . ALL INCENTIVES to all Illegals should be ELIMINATED IMMEDIATELY!
You are absolutely correct, Bummer. If that were to happen- a good number of them would self-deport. If there are no jobs and no freebies many will go home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2008, 12:12 AM

3,172 posts, read 5,994,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
Of course it is, just ask the Federal Government.
haha

Old 08-15-2008, 01:29 AM

10,479 posts, read 13,506,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
I'm a single mom with an eleven year old son. I go to school full-time (18 semester hours) work part-time, and subsist on grants and student loans. I am also an American citizen.

Where is my child's taxpayer subsidized healthcare?
Hahahaha! Classic! All you people who are CONSTANTLY saying that people should make it on their own, "**** the federal gov., they don't do **** for me!" & yet here you are bitching & moaning....I should've known.

Old 08-15-2008, 05:47 AM

3,640 posts, read 4,308,847 times
Is there a problem with reading comprehension that automatically runs through the illegal sympathizers? Why is it that so many of you are not able to comprehend sarcasm?

The question is; if illegals are given FREE healthcare, then why in the hell aren't the American citizens' childrens getting FREE healthcare.

Old 08-15-2008, 06:30 AM

7,020 posts, read 9,895,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
Is there a problem with reading comprehension that automatically runs through the illegal sympathizers? Why is it that so many of you are not able to comprehend sarcasm?

The question is; if illegals are given FREE healthcare, then why in the hell aren't the American citizens' childrens getting FREE healthcare.
Sadly, it's not just sarcasm that they can't comprehend.. . it's that one brain cell that the entire population of illegal aliens and their huggers share. Unfortunately for us, it's so many of them, those on this board still haven't had their turn in the rotation yet.

Old 08-15-2008, 08:44 AM

4,800 posts, read 7,687,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Hahahaha! Classic! All you people who are CONSTANTLY saying that people should make it on their own, "**** the federal gov., they don't do **** for me!" & yet here you are bitching & moaning....I should've known.
Excuse me?

I make it on my own with no help from anybody. I have been at various times in my life eligible for food stamps and other benefits, yet I chose, as I have done all of my adult life, to work hard and leave government benefits for those who are less unfortunate than I.

My point, which seems to have skimmed right over the top of your head, is that there are plenty of AMERICAN children, the children of AMERICAN citizens, who need and deserve healthcare, yet they do not receive it. Why should we be funding taxpayer dollars into free health insurance for illegal aliens when America's children are doing without?

When my son was two years old, he contracted a severe pneumonia. I was working two jobs at the time and both of my daughters were still at home. We were living paycheck to paycheck with very little left over and of course, neither of my employers offered insurance. My son was in the hospital for a week. Have you any idea what kind of hospital bill I had by the time he was released? I was living at just barely over the poverty level, yet there was no assistance for me. The hospital demanded their money and I had to squeeze my grocery budget and clothing budget even tighter than it already was for six years before I finally had them paid off.

Now, had I been an illegal alien, the American taxpayers would have footed the $14,000.00 hospital bill for my son's illness and I would have walked away not owing one red cent. But because I was an American citizen, the hospital began hounding me for payment before my son had even left the hospital and would have done so until my dying day, ruined my credit, and generally made my life miserable if I had ever once defaulted on my son's hospital bill.

Now you tell me, how is it fair that illegal aliens get a free ride while American citizens are forced to pay through the nose, even when to do so greatly reduces their ability to live above the poverty line. What is even more galling to me is the fact that while my family did without, my hard earned tax dollars were allowing illegal aliens to take a free ride on the U.S. Express.

It's a cryiing d*mn shame that your heart bleeds more for people who are in this country illegally than it does for your fellow American citizens and for America's children. I'm sure that you, given the fact that you seem to know it all, are aware of the fact that more American children live below the poverty level than in any other industrialized country in the world, aren't you? But hey, who cares when there are disadvantaged illegal aliens whose needs far outweigh the rights of American citizens, right?

Old 08-15-2008, 02:34 PM

3,325 posts, read 4,693,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Tax-funded health insurance for children should benefit needy legal citizens, not illegal aliens. Illegal alien children are already receiving enough freebies funded by US taxpayers. If these provisions are included in the new bill, this will simply be yet another ‘benefit’ abused by illegal aliens, and another magnet for illegal immigration.

Mexican children are already abusing our school systems by making a daily trek into this country to attend our schools -- all on the taxpayer’s dime. They don’t even try to hide it. After all, our laws mandate that EVERY child, irrespective of immigration status, is entitled to receive an education in this country. The same will apply to this. They will enter this country to receive their health insurance card, and return to Mexico. Or, a family member already illegally residing in this country will obtain the card on their behalf. Whenever they need medical treatment, they will simply cross the border (as they do daily to attend school), receive their treatment, and return home. We will essentially become Mexico’s healthcare system. There will be nothing to prevent this abuse, because proof of citizenship will not be a requirement.

Why should US taxpayers be burdened with providing health insurance for children who should not be here?

TheHill.com - Minority caucuses to press for two SCHIP provisions

Once a child is born here he/she is an American and yes you should pay for health care of Americans.
Once a so called "illegal" arrives in America they to are now a part of the American thriving community and yes part of our American family.

Old 08-15-2008, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post

Thank you. I hope they deport them for being lazy lol. We will fill their jobs do it better faster and cheaper .

Thank you for rep point. I give you one also.

Old 08-15-2008, 02:51 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,709,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achury View Post
Thank you. I hope they deport them for being lazy lol. We will fill their jobs do it better faster and cheaper .

Thank you for rep point. I give you one also.
How are you going to become a Senator if you did not complete the 9th grade?

Old 08-15-2008, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
How are you going to become a Senator if you did not complete the 9th grade?

School starts Mon . You do not know what grade I am in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or