Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 04:19 PM

50,059 posts, read 46,599,133 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
How about really cracking the whip against illegal aliens and their enablers instead along with rescinding birthright citizenship unless at least one parent is a legal resident of the USA?
I see that as the only true solution along with a havily enforced border. Right now we are rewarding them for breaking our laws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2009, 09:29 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,886,332 times
Quote:
How about really cracking the whip against illegal aliens and their enablers instead along with rescinding birthright citizenship unless at least one parent is a legal resident of the USA?
Why not have more ESL classes instead of making my generation pay for all your misguided errors? At least this way, we would not pay into the ridiculous military industrial complex, have another failed ideological war, and also help create ways of assimilation...win win situation all around. There can also make alternative methods of legalization with this process. Why do we need to invest more in the military industrial complex that has helped our nation oh, so much lately?

Old 10-25-2009, 09:41 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,570,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Obviously this 'cute' message is a thinly-veiled 'slap in the face' of those who don't believe in America. Those who don't speak English won't understand what the message says, anyway...therefore no insult will be taken. It's those who "don't believe in America" who are being insulted here. Shame on those xenophobic veterans! This is AMERICA...and I'll hate it if I WANT to! That's my right as an American.
Just don't forget to thank those vets for protecting your rights with their lives.

Old 10-25-2009, 09:46 PM

3,071 posts, read 9,097,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psouth View Post
Yes it is a mix but past generations of immigrants were happy to learn English and assimilate into American society. We may have many cultures but this is still American society. The illegals and new wave of immigrants do not want to be part of our society. They want to do things their way and make us do the same. They are only thinking of themselves. It's just not right.
It seems that most of the mexicans coming here arent coming here to be americans but to continue being mexicans,,they just plan to do it here,,,,

Old 10-25-2009, 10:31 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,001,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
Why not have more ESL classes instead of making my generation pay for all your misguided errors? At least this way, we would not pay into the ridiculous military industrial complex, have another failed ideological war, and also help create ways of assimilation...win win situation all around. There can also make alternative methods of legalization with this process. Why do we need to invest more in the military industrial complex that has helped our nation oh, so much lately?
One misguided error that needs to be corrected is the influx of illegal aliens------------punishment for them needs to be severe up to and including seizing their assets as well as banishment for 10 years from the USA.

Old 10-25-2009, 10:33 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,001,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
Just don't forget to thank those vets for protecting your rights with their lives.
macmeal has a very sarcastic sense of humor; he is very anti illegal immigration and he happens to be a veteran himself

Old 10-25-2009, 10:35 PM

1,150 posts, read 1,174,431 times
When I'm paying for a service, and need to call customer service, or tech support, I think I'm entitled to speak with someone I can communicate with. I've never seen anything that says if I want to speak to someone who speaks English I'll have to buy their most expensive product, or service. When you have a problem, the last thing you need is someone who you can't understand.

If the VFW want's to conduct business in English, they have every right to. After all, it is an organization of American service personel.

Old 10-25-2009, 11:49 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,886,332 times
Quote:
One misguided error that needs to be corrected is the influx of illegal aliens------------punishment for them needs to be severe up to and including seizing their assets as well as banishment for 10 years from the USA.
Again a wonderfully insightful post...not really. How does this solve any problems in a logical method? It doesn't. Why the emphasis on punishment instead of betterment?

Old 10-26-2009, 12:11 AM

Quote:
macmeal has a very sarcastic sense of humor; he is very anti illegal immigration and he happens to be a veteran himself
Thanks for bringing me up to speed!

Old 10-26-2009, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
Again a wonderfully insightful post...not really. How does this solve any problems in a logical method? It doesn't. Why the emphasis on punishment instead of betterment?
Bernie Madoff was seeking personal betterment, yet he sits punished in prison.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration