U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2009, 01:59 PM

4,089 posts, read 4,599,481 times

Advertisements

I'm not sure what the big deal is with SS numbers. I posted mine on the bathroom wall of a truck stop about ten years ago. When I got my last statement from the SSA it showed I worked ten jobs and had maxed out in terms of earnings. I will retire with max benefits early.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2009, 02:27 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,822,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPATTA2D View Post
I'm not sure what the big deal is with SS numbers. I posted mine on the bathroom wall of a truck stop about ten years ago. When I got my last statement from the SSA it showed I worked ten jobs and had maxed out in terms of earnings. I will retire with max benefits early.
Consider yourself fortunate. You wouldn’t be laughing had 200 illegals used your SSN, and the IRS came after YOU for unpaid taxes. You also wouldn’t be amused if you were denied unemployment benefits because illegals were using your SSN, and the records indicated you are working. I dare say, you would be quite perturbed had you needed an operation and your insurance company informed you that you had exceeded your benefits for the year. You see, someone used your ID to receive thousands of dollars in medical treatment. This has happened to quite a few citizens. They are not laughing.

Old 11-25-2009, 04:00 PM

2,930 posts, read 6,030,754 times
Quote:
good for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
So called "illegals" pay taxes yet do not get Social security .

Another example of how they contribute to America. They give and give yet do not ask for a thing.

Old 11-25-2009, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Oh, I almost forgot. You do realize an IP address can be traced, don’t you? I wouldn’t be too quick to flaunt your “gift” on an internet forum. You do realize accepting credit for wages you did not earn constitutes fraud, don’t you?

Old 11-25-2009, 05:41 PM

706 posts, read 796,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Oh, I almost forgot. You do realize an IP address can be traced, don’t you? I wouldn’t be too quick to flaunt your “gift” on an internet forum. You do realize accepting credit for wages you did not earn constitutes fraud, don’t you?
First question: Why would someone put their SS number on a bathroom wall at a truckstop?

Second question: Were those "jobs" really the result of the "bathroom trolling" in some truckstop bathroom?

Anyone who advertises via bathroom walls is an automatic suspect to me....

And so is their honesty....

Old 11-25-2009, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by borderlord View Post
First question: Why would someone put their SS number on a bathroom wall at a truckstop?

Second question: Were those "jobs" really the result of the "bathroom trolling" in some truckstop bathroom?

Anyone who advertises via bathroom walls is an automatic suspect to me....

And so is their honesty....
Absolutely!

Old 11-25-2009, 06:52 PM

411 posts, read 402,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
So called "illegals" pay taxes yet do not get Social security .

Another example of how they contribute to America. They give and give yet do not ask for a thing.

Just an honest day's work . Doing a job American's do not want.

I say "illegal" because no such thing as illegal's. The America's are one and Mexico own's CA-Texas- Arizona which were stolen.
How dare you say that the undocumented contribute with taxes, while they don't get the benefits, that is a secret that should never be divulged, the myth is that the undocumented somehow suck up from the system while making no contributions......

Old 11-25-2009, 07:04 PM

706 posts, read 796,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latin King View Post
How dare you say that the undocumented contribute with taxes, while they don't get the benefits, that is a secret that should never be divulged, the myth is that the undocumented somehow suck up from the system while making no contributions......

The America's are one and Mexico own's CA-Texas- Arizona which were stolen.

Old 11-25-2009, 07:04 PM

411 posts, read 402,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mori-vivi View Post
Anchor-Americans are full blown americans, they are not migrant woekers.
You are absolutely right.....

Old 11-28-2009, 02:12 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,745,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
When will the illegal loving people get a clue? They use more than they pay and illegals, at most anyway, do not pay taxes, meaning they pay nothing into SS.
A whole lot of illegals work as "independent contractors" and pay nothing whatsoever but because they won't obtain health insurance they are given all the free health care they want, plus their children use the schools completely free.

There is no way to know if many illegal employers who pretend not to know their cheap labor is illegal actually send in the money to SS if they do make deductions from the pay checks. It would be very simple to just pocket the money since the illegal isnt' going to get the statement from SS and wouldn't report it either way.

Why would someone who is already breaking the law by hiring illegals actually comply with tax laws and pay in the taxes? It's all about quick profits and breaking whatever law so why would they not just keep the money?

I would guess a very small percentage of illegals pay anything into social security, only the few that have stolen a social security number and other identification and whose employer "forgot" to do the verification.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration