U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2009, 05:34 PM

6,571 posts, read 17,949,017 times

Advertisements

The actual fact is that all employers have to pay the withholding every 30 days or at the end of a Qtr depending on the amount witheld or the number of employees. The employer has a TAX number issued with all witholding credited to that number.

Now... if the employer is paying under the table so to speak then at the same time illegally witholding taxes then he is committing a crime.

As a former employer I paid in my employees witholding each 30 days and at the 4th month paid the difference that was required with my tax forms.

All legitimate employers are required to do this.

Witholding is based upon the employees claim of dependents.

A chart is used to define the correct amount of witholding to be witheld.

Steve
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2009, 05:56 PM

1,312 posts, read 4,184,124 times
I didn't read any further than the OP's original posting...my thought is that once someone immigrates here, and becomes a citizen, they are eligible for social security and medicaid, even though they haven't contributed a dime. How fair is that?

Old 11-28-2009, 06:18 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firefightermom View Post
I didn't read any further than the OP's original posting...my thought is that once someone immigrates here, and becomes a citizen, they are eligible for social security and medicaid, even though they haven't contributed a dime. How fair is that?
Very unfair IMHO.

Old 11-29-2009, 09:25 AM

48,519 posts, read 81,013,914 times
If they pay withholding they are using a false SS numbers and committing another violation of the law.

Old 11-29-2009, 06:18 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firefightermom View Post
That's why smarter countries, like Mexico itself, have better standards for immigration. Try to emigrate to Mexico without some kind of retirement savings and become a citizen there expecting to get in on their government pension plan set up for the citizens there. It won't happen.

This is one reason one of the largest groups moving over and applying for citizenship are the elderly. We make it so easy.

Old 11-29-2009, 06:32 PM

15,527 posts, read 29,233,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
So called "illegals" pay taxes yet do not get Social security .

Another example of how they contribute to America. They give and give yet do not ask for a thing.

Just an honest day's work . Doing a job American's do not want.

I say "illegal" because no such thing as illegal's. The America's are one and Mexico own's CA-Texas- Arizona which were stolen.
Undocumented workers do not pay social security or other taxes. You must have a work Visa to get a SSAN card. If you have a work Visa you are not "illegal".

Get your facts straight. And quite baiting people in a trollish manner.

20yrsinBranson

Old 11-29-2009, 06:49 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latin King View Post
How dare you say that the undocumented contribute with taxes, while they don't get the benefits, that is a secret that should never be divulged, the myth is that the undocumented somehow suck up from the system while making no contributions......

What is an "undocumented"? No such thing, they are illegal aliens. Some may pay SS and income taxes (of course under a fake or stolen number which is a felony) but their contributions don't meet or exceed their social costs.

Old 11-29-2009, 07:13 PM

6,571 posts, read 17,949,017 times
I seem to recall on C-D an article saying that inorder to become a Mexican citizen a person would have to be able to Speak...Write...and Read Spanish to qualify.

I was surprised at those three things needed...me was thinking a clean record and enough money would be the only needs.

Living in Mexico is possible as many have done this...being a citizen something else.

Steve

Old 12-01-2009, 08:09 PM

411 posts, read 402,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post

What is an "undocumented"? No such thing, they are illegal aliens. Some may pay SS and income taxes (of course under a fake or stolen number which is a felony) but their contributions don't meet or exceed their social costs.

How can that be if they come to provide valuable work, pay taxes and get no social services in return, I think there is something wrong with your equation.......

Old 12-01-2009, 09:11 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latin King View Post
How can that be if they come to provide valuable work, pay taxes and get no social services in return, I think there is something wrong with your equation.......
Americans can also perform such work so who needs them? As I said, they take more than they pay in taxes. What do you mean they get no social services in return? They get free education and healthcare just for starters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration