U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 08:45 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latin King View Post
I beg your pardon, but quite often the lines are blurred in this forum and is quite difficult to tell whether you talkin' bout migrant workers or spanish people in general.....
In other words, you have no proof.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2009, 08:49 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
I beg your pardon, but quite often the lines are blurred in this forum and is quite difficult to tell whether you talkin' bout migrant workers or spanish people in general.....
Spanish people as in citizens of Spain? Last time I heard/checked-----------illegal aliens in the USA from Spain are quite rare. I realize that calling a Mexican 'Spanish' is a back handed compliment whereas the other way around can be fightin' words.

Old 12-03-2009, 08:57 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,612,395 times
Quote:
And what makes you think that that's what they want, Spanish people have the lowest incidence of participation on welfare programs in the usa, if spanish people were the majority, we would not have a welfare or homelessness problem in this country......
A huge 'leap of logic' there, Latin King. What evidence do you have to support such a claim? 'Spanish people' (of varying shades of meaning, however you want to define the term) DO form the majority, in quite a number of countries. Some are reasonably 'average' places, if you overlook the rough edges; others are pretty dismal 'hell holes' for 90% of their residents. But ALL of them have many social problems, and NONE of them have the personal freedom that exists in the US.

Nothing against 'Spanish people', you understand....just that their becoming a majority would hardly solve most of our social problems. It might even increase a few of them. A 'Spanish majority' hasn't seemed to solve most of the problems of Latin America. Spain?...maybe...but those aren't the people we're talking about, as far as I know.

Old 12-03-2009, 08:58 PM

411 posts, read 402,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flburgos View Post
Are you negative about illegals or just hispanics in general?It sounds to me like there is more than just not liking illegals.
The vibes i get is a lot of hate for people you don't even know.I can
understand that they're illegal but they are human you know.Should they be here?of course not.What we should do is throw out anyone that does not contribute to this country legal or illegal and we've got plenty of those.The ones sleeping in their couch with my tax dollars or eating up my
retirement money collecting ssi and nothing is wrong them should be the ones to go.Working people are losing their homes while we've got idiots couped up in a housing development with all expenses paid.That is Wrong!
Get a life or get out!

You've got that right, like we say in the spanish countries "tiran la piedra, y esconden la mano", they throw all these ethnophobic comments and then come around to say; " We meant the illegals, not the spanish"...
yeah right, sure you meant well...

Old 12-03-2009, 09:37 PM

3,567 posts, read 3,819,259 times
Quote:
And what makes you think that that's what they want, Spanish people have the lowest incidence of participation on welfare programs in the usa, if spanish people were the majority, we would not have a welfare or homelessness problem in this country......

Quote:
Poverty Rate by Race/Ethnicity, states (2007-2008), U.S. (2008)

White 12.3 %
Black 33.2 %
Hispanice 30.6%
Other 20.6%
Total 18.3%
Poverty Rate by Race/Ethnicity - United States - Kaiser State Health Facts

Old 12-04-2009, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
A huge 'leap of logic' there, Latin King. What evidence do you have to support such a claim? 'Spanish people' (of varying shades of meaning, however you want to define the term) DO form the majority, in quite a number of countries. Some are reasonably 'average' places, if you overlook the rough edges; others are pretty dismal 'hell holes' for 90% of their residents. But ALL of them have many social problems, and NONE of them have the personal freedom that exists in the US.

Nothing against 'Spanish people', you understand....just that their becoming a majority would hardly solve most of our social problems. It might even increase a few of them. A 'Spanish majority' hasn't seemed to solve most of the problems of Latin America. Spain?...maybe...but those aren't the people we're talking about, as far as I know.
Strictly speaking: there is one nation that has a Spanish majority that is now is affluent and follows the Rule of Law-------------never mind that culturally speaking, outside the use of the Spanish language, Spain is much closer to Sweden, Denmark, Norway, etc. than any other Hispanic nation.

Last edited by ArizonaBear; 12-04-2009 at 06:49 AM.. Reason: Clarified something

Old 12-04-2009, 06:41 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Quote:
Most of the Spanish "speaking" in this country are Mestizos from Mexico. They are not Spanish people per se and not referred to as such. They are usually referred to as Latinos or Hispanics or by their nationality of Mexican.

Not difficult at all to tell whether we are talking about illegal aliens in this country or legal Hispanics. Your side are the ones who blur the lines. Of course we object to their ethnocentric aiders and abettors also. Is that a surprise?

Old 12-07-2009, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Most of the Spanish "speaking" in this country are Mestizos from Mexico. They are not Spanish people per se and not referred to as such. They are usually referred to as Latinos or Hispanics or by their nationality of Mexican.

Not difficult at all to tell whether we are talking about illegal aliens in this country or legal Hispanics. Your side are the ones who blur the lines. Of course we object to their ethnocentric aiders and abettors also. Is that a surprise?

Spanish culture, language, and values is what unites the different spanish american countries, including the usa where there are more spanish people than in Spain, there are different terms that the anglos use in an attempt to group spanish people, however, none accomplishes the term spanish that we prefer....

Old 12-07-2009, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Spanish culture, language, and values is what unites the different spanish american countries, including the usa where there are more spanish people than in Spain, there are different terms that the anglos use in an attempt to group spanish people, however, none accomplishes the term spanish that we prefer....
If especially Mestizo: go to Spain and attempt to claim being Spanish----------you would be laughed at @ the very least. Spain is rather White supremacist according to several 'brown' Hispanics who visited there. They told me that personally.

Too: modern Spain is not exactly 'Hispanic' anymore............culturally speaking; they are closer to Sweden, etc. than Mexico outside of the use of Castillian.

Old 12-07-2009, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
If especially Mestizo: go to Spain and attempt to claim being Spanish----------you would be laughed at @ the very least. Spain is rather White supremacist according to several 'brown' Hispanics who visited there. They told me that personally.

Too: modern Spain is not exactly 'Hispanic' anymore............culturally speaking; they are closer to Sweden, etc. than Mexico outside of the use of Castillian.
Have you ever been to Spain??, I've been there many times, and I know
the people of every region very well, one thing about them is that they don't want to be like the english or swedish, they want to be themselves, even the catalan speaing people are very spanish conservative, they are also very proud of the spanish expansion into the Americas, you bring
the issue of skin tones again, yes there are racist people, but not like we have here in the US where there is almost total segregation of racial groups, except for the spanish who can mingle with any group, I would like to know where you get such misconceptions, ???????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration