U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-09-2009, 10:52 PM
 
411 posts, read 402,628 times
Reputation: 115

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
And if this is the case, then why do all the people of hispanic countries do whatever they can to leave their nations of hispanic culture to come and live the good life of the American culture?

Why aren't hispanics at least attempting to immigrate to hispanic culture countries if the values of those cultures are so great? No. Instead they're dying to flee the countries formed by their own culture.

Our country gains different things from different societies, for example
from the british-organization, French-politics, german- science, rocketry
italian-art, cuisine, spanish-americans- Culture, language, cuisine, family values.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-10-2009, 06:20 AM
 
Location: San Diego
32,801 posts, read 30,052,880 times
Reputation: 17694
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latin King View Post
Our country gains different things from different societies, for example
from the british-organization, French-politics, german- science, rocketry
italian-art, cuisine, spanish-americans- Culture, language, cuisine, family values.
French - never fired arms only dropped once
German - over engineered cars that cost as much to repair as fighter planes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2009, 06:32 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,628,664 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
French - never fired arms only dropped once
German - over engineered cars that cost as much to repair as fighter planes.
And so-called 'Spanish'* values: crime, lack of respect for Law and Order, lack of respect for education. etc. In other words: a ghetto culture----------which most Americans do not want.

*note the above was not directed towards real Spaniards------------Spain these days is becoming quite the cosmopolitan, affluent, First World society with a de facto Scandinavian social welfare net. And; very strict rules that are enforced pertaining to illegal immigration------------up to and including very strict racial profiling-----------much to the discomfiture of both (African) Blacks and New World Mestizo Hispanics. Gangs like the Latin Kings in Spain are tormented mercilessly by their policia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2009, 07:10 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,152,437 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latin King View Post
A tactic people have used for centuries has been to strip people's culture out of their heart by degrading their culture with stupid remarks, that will never work with the Spanish-american community, since thre is too much pride and cohesion, and the question always remains, Assimilate to what???

1. to not beleive in the concept of family
2. to disregard any other culture
3. talk about assimilation, however live in profound segregation, wtf???
4. Thanksgiving and hamburgers, I give you that.

USA is great because of the government system, as it was made in resemblance to the French constitution, however cultural identity is certainly not our strength....
What a racist statement to make that non-hispanics (whites, blacks, etc.) and other Americans do not believe in the concept of family.

Who is disregarding any other culture? All we ask is to assimilate to the American culture while still retaining your native culture at home if you so choose.

I have no idea what you are talking about in your point number 3. Who is segregating anyone?

Our cultural identity is American with the basics established long ago. You got a problem with that? A cohesive society translates to strength not the other way around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2009, 06:31 PM
 
411 posts, read 402,628 times
Reputation: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
What a racist statement to make that non-hispanics (whites, blacks, etc.) and other Americans do not believe in the concept of family.

Who is disregarding any other culture? All we ask is to assimilate to the American culture while still retaining your native culture at home if you so choose.

I have no idea what you are talking about in your point number 3. Who is segregating anyone?

Our cultural identity is American with the basics established long ago. You got a problem with that? A cohesive society translates to strength not the other way around.

Racist?? I love people of all races, we all know that culture is not our thing, there is not a defined US american identity, however there are many good things about our country, racisim is sadly part of what we frequently see.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2009, 06:44 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,628,664 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latin King View Post
Racist?? I love people of all races, we all know that culture is not our thing, there is not a defined US american identity, however there are many good things about our country, racisim is sadly part of what we frequently see.....
Obviously 'something' keeps encouraging people to try to come here illegally............maybe it is the racism against 'brown' people in Latin American nations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2009, 06:46 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,722,338 times
Reputation: 22159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latin King View Post
Our country gains different things from different societies, for example
from the british-organization, French-politics, german- science, rocketry
italian-art, cuisine, spanish-americans- Culture, language, cuisine, family values.
Family values? Does that mean the tendency to start a family at age 14 or 15? The unwed motherhood rate is too high for me to believe their family values are what I'd consider good, plus I know too many illegals leave their children to come to the USA, preferring money over being with their children. Sure you can see them at a pay phone sometimes calling home to tell them the remittance money should be there, but that's not family, family is about parents living with their children, not 3000 miles away from them. Plus "hispanics" have a higher abortion rate than do "whites".

The food is good, but in reality there isn't such thing as "hispanic" food, the food of Puerto Rico for example isn't the same as that of Mexico. And the food in Argentina isn't the same as either of those.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2009, 06:47 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,628,664 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Family values? Does that mean the tendency to start a family at age 14 or 15? The unwed motherhood rate is too high for me to believe their family values are what I'd consider good, plus I know too many illegals leave their children to come to the USA, preferring money over being with their children. Sure you can see them at a pay phone sometimes calling home to tell them the remittance money should be there, but that's not family, family is about parents living with their children, not 3000 miles away from them. Plus "hispanics" have a higher abortion rate than do "whites".

The food is good, but in reality there isn't such thing as "hispanic" food, the food of Puerto Rico for example isn't the same as that of Mexico. And the food in Argentina isn't the same as either of those.
Consider the source.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2009, 06:55 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,722,338 times
Reputation: 22159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latin King View Post
Racist?? I love people of all races, we all know that culture is not our thing, there is not a defined US american identity, however there are many good things about our country, racisim is sadly part of what we frequently see.....
Wrong again. The USA has just as much a cultural identity as does any other nation. We have our language, our middle class outlook, our style of dress, our food, and many cultural values.

Countries like France, Mexico, Italy also have cultural sub groups, regional differences. We have just as much or may more culture than do these countries, but it's our culture to have a jammed-packed culture. Music for example - we have blue grass, rock, rockabilly, rap, jazz, disco and pop, heavy metal. It's all as American as can be. Food for example - what's more American than eating pizza one night, Chinese food the next, tacos the next, hamburgers the next, and then an old fashioned pot roast. In the Mexican culture the food is less varied - it's lard, beans, rice, corn, white cheese, a little meat, and hot peppers in various combinations -- tasty but not as much variety as American culture offers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2009, 08:42 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,152,437 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latin King View Post
Racist?? I love people of all races, we all know that culture is not our thing, there is not a defined US american identity, however there are many good things about our country, racisim is sadly part of what we frequently see.....
Are you going to be another one who denies that our country has a basic culture? Really, that argument is getting lame in here. Yes, racism exists in every race/ethnicity but our country has come a long ways to eradicate it. Appears that we have a new racism on the horizon, however. I'll leave you to think about that one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top