U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 11:08 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
I am not an American Citizen. I am a American resident. I went through all the red tape and hoops that i had to jump through to get the privilege to live in the USA. I have respected the American Immigration laws and i pay tax on every dollar i earn here. Where does anyone who is Illegal get the idea that they have any rights whatsoever in the USA. Do they not realise that Illegal means illegal and stop whinging about what they pay or how they are treated. Get to the back of the line and get your residency and then you can complain. Sneaking across the border does not give anyone the right to work, live or have a say in what goes on in America.
Consider yourself Repped
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2008, 11:08 AM

10,479 posts, read 13,506,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Get your stories straight:

A US citizen is just that: a citizen of the USA----------not Mexico, Canada or any other place.

Besidesl your friend may be a green card holder--------which allows him/her many of the rights of a citizen.
Nope, no green card. Citizen, person, whatever you know what I meant.

Old 08-15-2008, 11:10 AM

7,922 posts, read 7,618,430 times
Thank you. I get sooo steamed up when i hear how bad the illegals have it in America. I also get annoyed at some people on here who tell me to go back to the UK if i give an opinion regarding things in the USA. America is an amazing country but is becoming bitter because of the illegal situation and health issues etc. Makes the normal American citizen feel impotent and in the hands of elitists who only worry about themselves. The UK is now completely saturated with illegals and immigrants from Eastern Europe. It is a time bomb waiting to go off. I hope this doesn't happen in America. To have to pay for gas before filling up because Illegals are filling up and running off is just the tip of the iceburg.

Old 08-15-2008, 11:12 AM

8,575 posts, read 6,085,916 times
actually, barack obama voted to extend social security benefits to illegals, yet one more reason I would never vote for that mentally disturbed empty suit.

Old 08-15-2008, 11:13 AM

3,859 posts, read 9,170,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
actually, barack obama voted to extend social security benefits to illegals, yet one more reason I would never vote for that mentally disturbed empty suit.
McCain isn't really much better regarding illegals. One reason I will be voting for someone other than McCain or Obama.

Old 08-15-2008, 11:15 AM

1,417 posts, read 851,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
McCain isn't really much better regarding illegals. One reason I will be voting for someone other than McCain or Obama.
If you're not voting for either, you're better off not voting at all.

Old 08-15-2008, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Thank you. I get sooo steamed up when i hear how bad the illegals have it in America. I also get annoyed at some people on here who tell me to go back to the UK if i give an opinion regarding things in the USA. America is an amazing country but is becoming bitter because of the illegal situation and health issues etc. Makes the normal American citizen feel impotent and in the hands of elitists who only worry about themselves. The UK is now completely saturated with illegals and immigrants from Eastern Europe. It is a time bomb waiting to go off. I hope this doesn't happen in America. To have to pay for gas before filling up because Illegals are filling up and running off is just the tip of the iceburg.
Wow so you are actually seeing it happen twice-both in the UK and here in America. That is really sad. You think more American would be taking notice as to what is going on in Europe.

I am so glad that you seem to have genuine concern for America's future. I wish more American's would get their heads out of their a$$ and do the same before it is too late.

Old 08-15-2008, 11:17 AM

7,922 posts, read 7,618,430 times
I can't vote as i'm not a Citizen but i really feel for the American Citizen who now has the choice between "dumb and dumber". It is such a pity that there isn't a single candidate who inspires all of America. Maybe i'm lucky not to have to choose between Obama or McCain. My wife is American and she still doesn't kinow who she will vote for.

Old 08-15-2008, 11:18 AM

8,575 posts, read 6,085,916 times
you mean mcamnesty? yeah, he won't get my vote either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post

Old 08-15-2008, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
If you're not voting for either, you're better off not voting at all.
And that is what both the dems and repubs want people to think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration