U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2008, 07:33 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,633,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Is this Racist? The Mexican Immigration rules.
  • Federal, local and municipal police must cooperate with federal immigration authorities upon request, i.e., to assist in the arrests of illegal immigrants. (Article 73)
  • A National Population Registry keeps track of "every single individual who comprises the population of the country," and verifies each individual's identity. (Articles 85 and 86)
  • A national Catalog of Foreigners tracks foreign tourists and immigrants (Article 87), and assigns each individual with a unique tracking number (Article 91).
Foreigners with fake papers, or who enter the country under false pretenses, may be imprisoned:
  • Foreigners with fake immigration papers may be fined or imprisoned. (Article 116)
  • Foreigners who sign government documents "with a signature that is false or different from that which he normally uses" are subject to fine and imprisonment. (Article 116)
Foreigners who fail to obey the rules will be fined, deported, and/or imprisoned as felons:
  • Foreigners who fail to obey a deportation order are to be punished. (Article 117)
  • Foreigners who are deported from Mexico and attempt to re-enter the country without authorization can be imprisoned for up to 10 years. (Article 118)
  • Foreigners who violate the terms of their visa may be sentenced to up to six years in prison (Articles 119, 120 and 121). Foreigners who misrepresent the terms of their visa while in Mexico -- such as working with out a permit -- can also be imprisoned.
Under Mexican law, illegal immigration is a felony. The General Law on Population says,
  • "A penalty of up to two years in prison and a fine of three hundred to five thousand pesos will be imposed on the foreigner who enters the country illegally." (Article 123)
  • Foreigners with legal immigration problems may be deported from Mexico instead of being imprisoned. (Article 125)
  • Foreigners who "attempt against national sovereignty or security" will be deported. (Article 126)
Mexicans who help illegal aliens enter the country are themselves considered criminals under the law:
  • A Mexican who marries a foreigner with the sole objective of helping the foreigner live in the country is subject to up to five years in prison. (Article 127)
  • Shipping and airline companies that bring undocumented foreigners into Mexico will be fined. (Article 132)
As you can see, Mexico has extremely strict immigration Laws. Even Legal immigrants in Mexico come under strict rules. When mexico realises that America has a right to decide who is allowed to live in the USA and who isn't ( just like Mexico does) then maybe this problem can be sorted out. Until then, anyone wanting to immigrate to America, no matter which country they come from, MUST obey USA immigration Laws or be expelled from America, Immediately.
If the USA copied/pasted the above Mexican immigration rules verbatim into American law----------MEChA et al would be hopping up and down in impotent fury.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2008, 07:35 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,017,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
If the USA copied/pasted the above Mexican immigration rules verbatim into American law----------MEChA et al would be hopping up and down in impotent fury.
Hey neighbor, and how ya doing tonight,

Old 08-15-2008, 07:51 PM

582 posts, read 1,786,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
This is the real law of the world.The first item to understand in this discussion is that there is only one race – the human race. Caucasians, Africans, Asians, Indians, Arabs, Jews, etc., are not different races. Rather, they are different ethnicities of the human race. All human beings have the same physical characteristics (with minor variations, of course). More importantly, all human being are created in the image and likeness of God (Genesis 1:26-27). God loves the entire world (John 3:16). Jesus laid down His life for everyone in the entire world (1 John 2:2). The “entire world” obviously includes all ethnicities of humanity.

God does not show partiality or favoritism (Deuteronomy 10:17; Acts 10:34; Romans 2:11; Ephesians 6:9), and neither should we. James 2:4 describes anyone who shows discrimination as “judges with evil thoughts.” Instead, we are to “love our neighbors as ourselves” (James 2:8). In the Old Testament, God divided humanity into two “racial” groups: Jew and Gentile. God’s intent was for the Jews to be a kingdom of priests, ministering to the Gentile nations. Instead, for the most part, the Jews became proud of their status and despised the Gentiles. Jesus Christ put an end to this, destroying the dividing wall of hostility (Ephesians 2:14). All forms of racism, prejudice, and discrimination are affronts to the work of Christ on the cross.

Jesus commands us to love each other as He loves us (John 13:34). If God is impartial, and loves us with impartiality, that means we need to love others with that same high standard. Jesus teaches at the end of Matthew 25 that whatever we do to the least of His brothers, we do to Him. If we treat a person with contempt, we are mistreating a person created in God’s image; we are hurting somebody that God loves and Jesus died for.

Racism, in varying forms and to various degrees, has been a plague on humanity for thousands of years. Brothers and sisters of all ethnicities, this should not be! To victims of racism, prejudice, and discrimination – you need to forgive. Ephesians 4:32 declares, “Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.” No, racists do not deserve your forgiveness, but we deserved God’s forgiveness far less! To perpetrators of racism, prejudice, and discrimination – you need to repent and “present yourselves to God as being alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to God” (Romans 6:13). May Galatians 3:28 be completely realized: “There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.”

Old 08-15-2008, 08:50 PM

11,435 posts, read 15,951,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
actually, barack obama voted to extend social security benefits to illegals, yet one more reason I would never vote for that mentally disturbed empty suit.
yikes! so did juan mccain!

SOCIAL SECURITY

Old 08-15-2008, 09:24 PM

3,640 posts, read 4,310,600 times
[quote=flburgos;4876220]
Quote:
Originally Posted by flburgos View Post
This one is easy[they are all criminals and lawbreakers] do you remember saying that?OK! Now we can move on with you accusing people you don't even know.Does an idiot with a mercedes parked in front of the projects eating up your tax dollars bother you?Does someone collecting your future ssi check with absolutely nothing wrong bother you?Does a couch potato watching jerry springer on your tax dollars because he can't work bother you?Does paying for private school because you can't use public schools
because somebody else refuses to bring up their children the proper way bother you?Does getting up in the morning to live the (american dream)
and end up with your d#$k in your hand bother you?I'm a male so that's why i phrase it that way.Does raising your kids the right way and be forced to
enroll them in public school and know they are going to pick up bad habits from kids that there parents could give a rat's ass bother you?How is this
for getting the d@#k in the handbag.My point is we've got some serious issues in our country that we need to deal with.I agree with immigration but i am not going to sit here and focus my life around it.I've got much more important issues with our country than illegals.It's wrong but i'm worried more about moving me and my family ahead.So wake up and focus
on the bigger picture in our country.Which is the hard working people are getting screwed.Oh! and take people for what they have to offer to you as a person and not their status or race.Get rid of that anger and look at the bigger picture of what is going on.Our own people and the government are the real problem.
BTW, just so you know, SSI is a welfare system and for people who do not qualify for regular SS. The people who qualify for SS are the people who actually worked for a living. You might want to know your facts before spewing non-factual things.

Old 08-15-2008, 10:56 PM

4,264 posts, read 7,934,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achury View Post
So called "illegals" pay taxes yet do not get Social security .

Another example of how they contribute to America. They give and give yet do not ask for a thing.

Just an honest day's work . Doing a job American's do not want.

I say "illegal" because no such thing as illegal's. The America's are one and Mexico own's CA-Texas- Arizona which were stolen.
Actually if they weren't using false docs and they had entered the US legally then they would be getting Social Security. It's really simple if you don't like the way you are treated in the US than you can go back to your native country.

Old 08-15-2008, 11:36 PM

11,435 posts, read 15,951,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achury View Post
So called "illegals" pay taxes yet do not get Social security .

Another example of how they contribute to America. They give and give yet do not ask for a thing.

Just an honest day's work . Doing a job American's do not want.

I say "illegal" because no such thing as illegal's. The America's are one and Mexico own's CA-Texas- Arizona which were stolen.
It would be HUGE mistake to give social security/medicare benefits to illegals. I sell Medicare products to senior citizens, many of them LEGAL immigrants and have noticed that many of them qualify for Medicaid & SSI. These are LEGAL citizens that I deal with, NOT illegal. It is not that they are actively trying to milk the system, but that they are basically taking advantage of federal/state programs that are offered to them free of charge. it's not their fault that they are poor and just trying to get by like many other senior citizens. many american citizens would apply also if there was a chance that they would qualify, but many don't qualify due to making too much $ throughout their adult lives. our perverse gov't rewards the poor by redistributing income from others. because many of them seem to be really poor, there would be many hidden costs in granting them these retirement benefits including, costs of providing Medicare, Social Security, SSI, SSDI (disability), food stamps, SEction 8 housing, Medicaid, paying their Medicare part B premiums and drug subsidy for Part D (Rx benefit). They just won't put enough in to make up for what they would receive in free benefits.
It is bad enough that our Baby Boomers and future generations are worrying about their Medicare/Social Security stability. Why add to the frustration?

Last edited by wehotex; 08-16-2008 at 12:42 AM..

Old 08-15-2008, 11:43 PM

55,237 posts, read 72,437,255 times
texas was not stolen it was taken by force from another country. as was mexico taken by force from the indians. theft is what you do to a honda when you cross over and don't have any money.
however you have a point, if mexican people continue to cross over uncontested the illegality of the action becomes questionable.
we simply are not enforcing our own laws.

Old 08-16-2008, 07:16 AM

3,859 posts, read 9,174,367 times
[quote=flburgos;4876220]
Quote:
Originally Posted by flburgos View Post
This one is easy[they are all criminals and lawbreakers] do you remember saying that?OK! Now we can move on with you accusing people you don't even know.Does an idiot with a mercedes parked in front of the projects eating up your tax dollars bother you?Does someone collecting your future ssi check with absolutely nothing wrong bother you?Does a couch potato watching jerry springer on your tax dollars because he can't work bother you?Does paying for private school because you can't use public schools
because somebody else refuses to bring up their children the proper way bother you?Does getting up in the morning to live the (american dream)
and end up with your d#$k in your hand bother you?I'm a male so that's why i phrase it that way.Does raising your kids the right way and be forced to
enroll them in public school and know they are going to pick up bad habits from kids that there parents could give a rat's ass bother you?How is this
for getting the d@#k in the handbag.My point is we've got some serious issues in our country that we need to deal with.I agree with immigration but i am not going to sit here and focus my life around it.I've got much more important issues with our country than illegals.It's wrong but i'm worried more about moving me and my family ahead.So wake up and focus
on the bigger picture in our country.Which is the hard working people are getting screwed.Oh! and take people for what they have to offer to you as a person and not their status or race.Get rid of that anger and look at the bigger picture of what is going on.Our own people and the government are the real problem.

Response to first bolded part- Then why are you even in the immigration forum? Spend your time on something that matters to you.

Response to second bolded part-Still with the race card I see. I am still waiting for the proof of your accusations that I only don't like Hispanics-I won't hold my breath.

You have the nerve to talk to me about anger-did you read your own post? Perhaps a chill pill is in order. At least I can admit to being angry-which by the way-there is nothing wrong with that.

Old 08-16-2008, 07:33 AM

4,264 posts, read 7,934,075 times
The race card issue was brought up in regards to this post but didn't the op begin that when they posted that TX, AZ and CA belonged to Mexico but was stolen? As far as I know and I was raised on the TX, Mexico border it is the only country on that border. It may just be me but based on what the OP is saying I would "assume" they are talking about Mexicans. I don't understand how discussing immigration issues makes it a race issue? After all this is the immigration forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration