U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-15-2008, 09:43 AM
 
Location: S.Florida
3,325 posts, read 4,692,570 times
Reputation: 343

Advertisements

No such thing as illegal alien


There's No Such Thing as an 'Illegal Alien' (http://www.strike-the-root.com/4/stevens/stevens4.html - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-15-2008, 09:45 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,611,035 times
Reputation: 3785
Tell that to a Guatemalan caught by the Mx Patrulla Frontera.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2008, 10:01 AM
 
8,973 posts, read 14,610,630 times
Reputation: 2983
No such thing as an illegal alien? Of course. Just as there are no drunk drivers. Many people drink, and most adults drive. Some people just do it at the same time, that's all.

There are no trespassers, either. Some guests come to your home while you're there, while others enter your home while you're away. But really, they're all just guests in your home..aren't they?

Have you ever allowed someone to borrow your car? If so, you'll understand that there are no carjackers...only people who REALLY WANT to borrow your car...NOW..and don't have time to explain why.

Thieves? Nope. Just people who want what you've got. They're really no different from 'borrowers'.

Shoplifters? Really, just another way of saying 'customers'. They enter the store, they select merchandise, and they leave. Just like customers, except they 'skip' a step.

Rapists? There are no rapists, either...just 'guys who have problems forming relationships with women', and can't seem to express themselves.

Drug dealers? Aren't licensed pharmacists really 'drug dealers'? Just that they deal drugs that are different from the ones out on the street.

"Illegal aliens"? No such thing. Just immigrants who've taken steps to 'streamline' the immigration process.

Thanks for this thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2008, 10:11 AM
 
3,859 posts, read 9,170,029 times
Reputation: 2728
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
No such thing as an illegal alien? Of course. Just as there are no drunk drivers. Many people drink, and most adults drive. Some people just do it at the same time, that's all.

There are no trespassers, either. Some guests come to your home while you're there, while others enter your home while you're away. But really, they're all just guests in your home..aren't they?

Have you ever allowed someone to borrow your car? If so, you'll understand that there are no carjackers...only people who REALLY WANT to borrow your car...NOW..and don't have time to explain why.

Thieves? Nope. Just people who want what you've got. They're really no different from 'borrowers'.

Shoplifters? Really, just another way of saying 'customers'. They enter the store, they select merchandise, and they leave. Just like customers, except they 'skip' a step.

Rapists? There are no rapists, either...just 'guys who have problems forming relationships with women', and can't seem to express themselves.

Drug dealers? Aren't licensed pharmacists really 'drug dealers'? Just that they deal drugs that are different from the ones out on the street.

"Illegal aliens"? No such thing. Just immigrants who've taken steps to 'streamline' the immigration process.

Thanks for this thread.
Good one macmeal!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2008, 10:18 AM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,894,200 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
Good one macmeal!

Agreed. That being said with regards to Achury: Did we run out of troll spray already? If so, let me know, I'll pick some up on my lunch break.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2008, 10:19 AM
 
3,859 posts, read 9,170,029 times
Reputation: 2728
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Did we run out of troll spray already?
I know. Guy usually keeps us stocked with a good supply. Guy, where are you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2008, 10:22 AM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,894,200 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
I know. Guy usually keeps us stocked with a good supply. Guy, where are you?

He must be busy this morning.

ETA: I'll pick some up when I go out in a little while.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2008, 10:32 AM
 
Location: San Diego North County
4,800 posts, read 7,686,811 times
Reputation: 3010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achury View Post
No such thing as illegal alien


There's No Such Thing as an 'Illegal Alien' (http://www.strike-the-root.com/4/stevens/stevens4.html - broken link)
Your appalling lack of historical knowledge would be humorous if it weren't so sad......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2008, 11:07 AM
 
Location: State of Being
35,885 posts, read 65,242,129 times
Reputation: 22270
There is no such thing as an illegal alien . . . who doesn't have an excuse or justification for his/her decision to sneak across the border illegally.

Now there is the truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2008, 11:35 AM
 
Location: London UK & Florida USA
7,922 posts, read 7,617,489 times
Reputation: 2035
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
No such thing as an illegal alien? Of course. Just as there are no drunk drivers. Many people drink, and most adults drive. Some people just do it at the same time, that's all.

There are no trespassers, either. Some guests come to your home while you're there, while others enter your home while you're away. But really, they're all just guests in your home..aren't they?

Have you ever allowed someone to borrow your car? If so, you'll understand that there are no carjackers...only people who REALLY WANT to borrow your car...NOW..and don't have time to explain why.

Thieves? Nope. Just people who want what you've got. They're really no different from 'borrower

Shoplifters? Really, just another way of saying 'customers'. They enter the store, they select merchandise, and they leave. Just like customers, except they 'skip' a step.

Rapists? There are no rapists, either...just 'guys who have problems forming relationships with women', and can't seem to express themselves.

Drug dealers? Aren't licensed pharmacists really 'drug dealers'? Just that they deal drugs that are different from the ones out on the street.

"Illegal aliens"? No such thing. Just immigrants who've taken steps to 'streamline' the immigration process.

Thanks for this thread.
You have hit the nail Firmly on the Head macmeal... Big rep on the way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top