U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 10:09 AM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 22 days ago)

9,059 posts, read 15,467,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Where did you get that inaccurate information? There is only ONE state (S. Carolina) in the US whose age of consent is 14 (I highlighted it). The general age of consent in the US is 16.

Keep in mind if a 16 year old girl has sex with an older man, and later cries rape, that rapist will then be charged with STATUTORY RAPE.

Guess what that means? Unlike Mexico that one state is the exception, NOT THE RULE OR THE CULTURAL NORM in this country. The majority of Americans see sex with a minor as an act of predatory/statutory rape. While I agree that Japan falls into the predatory category, the Japanese are not here raping young American girls, but Mexicans seem to have no problem having sex with and/or raping children.

There you go again trying to justify the disgusting,culturally embedded behavior of the Mexican and South American illegal aliens preying upon and raping children in the US. Shame on you. At what point do you stop defending the indefensible by comparing apples to oranges?
Who's source is right? (If you cross reference it with Wiki, it appears my source is right: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of..._North_America)

Quote:
USA Alabama 16 Law invalidated Law invalidated
USA Alaska 16 16 16
USA Arizona 18 Law repealed Law repealed
USA Arkansas 14/16 Law invalidated Law invalidated
USA California 18 18 18
USA Colorado16 15/17 15/17 15/17
USA Connecticut 16 16 16
USA D.C. 16 Law repealed Law repealed
USA Delaware16 16/18 Law repealed Law repealed
USA Florida16 16/18 Law invalidated Law invalidated
USA Georgia 16 16 16
USA Hawaii 16 Law repealed Law repealed
USA Idaho16 16/18 Law invalidated Law invalidated
USA Illinois 17 17 17

USA Indiana 14/16 14/16 14/16
USA Iowa 14/16 Law repealed Law repealed
USA Kansas 16 Law invalidated Law invalidated
USA Kentucky 16 Law invalidated Law invalidated
USA Louisiana16 17 Law invalidated Law invalidated
USA Maine 16 16 16
USA Maryland 16 Law invalidated Law invalidated
USA Massachusetts 16 Law invalidated Law invalidated
USA Michigan 16 Law invalidated Law invalidated
USA Minnesota 16 Law invalidated Law invalidated
USA Mississippi 16 Law invalidated Law invalidated
USA Missouri 14/17 Law repealed Law repealed
USA Montana 16 Law invalidated Law invalidated
USA Nebraska 17 Law repealed Law repealed
USA Nevada 16 Law invalidated Law invalidated
USA New Hampshire 16 Law invalidated Law invalidated
USA New Jersey 16 16 16
USA New Mexico 17 17 17
USA New York 15/17 15/17 15/17
USA North Carolina16 16 Law invalidated Law invalidated
USA North Dakota 18 Law repealed Law repealed
USA Ohio 16 Law repealed Law repealed
USA Oklahoma 16 Law invalidated Law invalidated
USA Oregon 18 18 18
USA Pennsylvania 16 16 16
USA Rhode Island 16 Law repealed Law repealed
USA South Carolina 14/16 Law invalidated Law invalidated
USA South Dakota 16 Law repealed Law repealed
USA Tennessee 18 Law Invalidated Law Invalidated
USA Texas16 17 Law invalidated Law invalidated
USA Utah16 16/18 Law invalidated Law invalidated
USA Vermont 16 Law repealed Law repealed
USA Virginia 18 Law invalidated Law invalidated
USA Washington16 16/18 16/18 16/18
USA West Virginia 16 Law invalidated Law invalidated
USA Wisconsin 18 18 18
USA Wyoming 16 Law repealed Law repealed
A table of worldwide ages of consent, including US states
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2008, 02:03 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,895,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Who's source is right? (If you cross reference it with Wiki, it appears my source is right: Ages of consent in North America - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

A table of worldwide ages of consent, including US states
You must be the last person on earth that believes Wikipedia is a reliable source. It is full of misspelled words and the text is REVISED by individuals to fit that individual's agenda. Please provide a REPUTABLE, RELIABLE SOURCE and then we can discuss this above board. Sorry, Wikipedia is not considered a reliable source of information.

I'm sure you are familiar with the DreamACT board where they have created Wikipedia revisionary history and sob stories about themselves.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DREAM_Act

Last edited by JDubsMom; 08-18-2008 at 02:29 PM..

Old 08-18-2008, 02:47 PM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 22 days ago)

9,059 posts, read 15,467,286 times
Quote:
You must be the last person on earth that believes Wikipedia is a reliable source. It is full of misspelled words and the text is REVISED by individuals to fit that individual's agenda. Please provide a REPUTABLE, RELIABLE SOURCE and then we can discuss this above board. Sorry, Wikipedia is not considered a reliable source of information.

I'm sure you are familiar with the DreamACT board where they have created Wikipedia revisionary history and sob stories about themselves.

DREAM Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
That is why I supplied this source as well and told you to cross reference it with Wiki.

A table of worldwide ages of consent, including US states (LOOK JDubsMom NOT A WIKI SITE)

Old 08-18-2008, 05:40 PM

Quote:
That is why I supplied this source as well and told you to cross reference it with Wiki.

A table of worldwide ages of consent, including US states (LOOK JDubsMom NOT A WIKI SITE)
Sorry, I missed that link. Thanks for pointing it out.

I will print both lists out later this evening and compare them and we can debate from there.

Old 08-18-2008, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gortamor View Post
All right, I was not aware that the legal age of consent, in some provinces of Mexico, was 12, which to me, from a Western European perspective, is far too young. But does this really make the culture itself implicit in condoning child molestation? And does that represent a devaluation of females, if the victims are mostly girls? And how do these numbers compare to other nations, both undeveloped and developed? Also, is it permissable legally for an adult to have relations with a 12 year old, or is that illegal? In other words, would a 12 year be expected to have a partner more near their own age?

These are some questions I have that I will need to research.
Sex with and marriage to minor children by much older men is considered the culturally acceptable norm in all 3rd world countries. Young girls are often given away as chattel by family members in return for food in the form of cows, pigs, chickens, etc. Here's an example:

Quote:
Aid workers giving girls food for sex in Liberia: report
Quote:

Last Updated: Monday, May 8, 2006 | 2:35 PM ET

CBC News

The aid agency Save the Children says foreign workers and peacekeepers are sexually exploiting young girls in Liberia, despite pledges to stamp out such abuse.
Girls as young as eight are being forced by local and international agency workers to have sex in exchange for food, according to a report called From Camp to Community: Liberia Study on Exploitation of Children, released Monday.
http://www.cbc.ca/gfx/maps/liberia_monrovia.jpg (broken link)
(CBC)

"These children were engaging in sex for money for education, for food for the day, or even for something as small as a ride," said Save the Children spokeswoman Emilia Brookstein.

The United Nations promised to put safeguards in place after sexual abuse in the refugee camps of West Africa was first revealed four years ago.
But based on 315 interviews conducted in Liberia, the report released Monday estimates that half the girls and young women aged between 12 and 20 in the communities it visited are regularly forced to perform sexual services for men in positions of power.

Old 08-18-2008, 06:29 PM

394 posts, read 896,330 times
SEVEN YEARS PROBATION?!!!!!!!!!!! then all they do is deport him, so the scumbag can just cross back over our porous border for us to deal with again! they should've weighted him and sunk him in the rio grande

Old 08-18-2008, 06:45 PM

3,172 posts, read 5,994,570 times
Quote:
Sorry, I missed that link. Thanks for pointing it out.

I will print both lists out later this evening and compare them and we can debate from there.
I doubt youll respond. But good luck in the lab, anyways.

Old 08-19-2008, 04:43 AM

3,640 posts, read 4,308,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
I doubt youll respond. But good luck in the lab, anyways.
Why would you expect anyone to reply to you when all you do is post nasties to them? Not much different than illegals themselves with coming here without permission then expecting us to cater to them.

Old 08-19-2008, 09:15 AM

349 posts, read 573,592 times
JDubsMom wrote:
Quote:
Sex with and marriage to minor children by much older men is considered the culturally acceptable norm in all 3rd world countries. Young girls are often given away as chattel by family members in return for food in the form of cows, pigs, chickens, etc. Here's an example:

Quote:
Quote:

Last Updated: Monday, May 8, 2006 | 2:35 PM ET

CBC News

The aid agency Save the Children says foreign workers and peacekeepers are sexually exploiting young girls in Liberia, despite pledges to stamp out such abuse.
Girls as young as eight are being forced by local and international agency workers to have sex in exchange for food, according to a report called From Camp to Community: Liberia Study on Exploitation of Children, released Monday.
http://www.cbc.ca/gfx/maps/liberia_monrovia.jpg (broken link)
(CBC)

"These children were engaging in sex for money for education, for food for the day, or even for something as small as a ride," said Save the Children spokeswoman Emilia Brookstein.

The United Nations promised to put safeguards in place after sexual abuse in the refugee camps of West Africa was first revealed four years ago.
But based on 315 interviews conducted in Liberia, the report released Monday estimates that half the girls and young women aged between 12 and 20 in the communities it visited are regularly forced to perform sexual services for men in positions of power.

I do agree with you that none of these practises should be allowed in this country, no matter who commits them or what their cultural/religious/ethnic background is.

Old 08-19-2008, 09:32 AM

Quote:

I just finished looking at the link you posted. IMO it merely confirms what I stated about 3rd world countries' cultural acceptance of sex with and marriage to those who are considered minor children in the US.

I stand by my initial observation in terms of culturally embedded acceptance of what the majority of US states consider statutory rape.

Did I miss something in terms of you disputing what I originally stated?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or