U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 09:58 AM

3,172 posts, read 5,993,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
I just finished looking at the link you posted. IMO it merely confirms what I stated about 3rd world countries' cultural acceptance of sex with and marriage to those who are considered minor children in the US.

I stand by my initial observation in terms of culturally embedded acceptance of what the majority of US states consider statutory rape.

Did I miss something in terms of you disputing what I originally stated?
Did you also see the asterisks next to the age of consent for Mexico, in which it states that it is legal for a person of that age to have consensual sex, but the age of the partner must be within a couple of years or so of age?

Why do you insist on such an ugly claim about Mexicans? Why do you insist on making a stereotype?

As a Black person, I would think you would know a lot about unfair stereotypes, but instead you use them against people different than you.

Moderator cut: personal attack

Last edited by Synopsis; 08-19-2008 at 11:41 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2008, 10:00 AM

10,479 posts, read 13,505,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Did you also see the asterisks next to the age of consent for Mexico, in which it states that it is legal for a person of that age to have consensual sex, but the age of the partner must be within a couple of years or so of age?

Why do you insist on such an ugly claim about Mexicans? Why do you insist on making a stereotype?

As a Black person, I would think you would know a lot about unfair stereotypes, but instead you use them against people different than you.

Moderator cut: reference to personal attack
What's even more pathetic? She's teaching Moderator cut: stop the attacksto her kids. I feel sorry for them.

Last edited by Synopsis; 08-19-2008 at 12:22 PM..

Old 08-19-2008, 10:05 AM

7,020 posts, read 9,894,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
What's even more pathetic? She's teaching Moderator cut: stop the personal attacks to her kids. I feel sorry for them.
First and foremost, you have no idea what I have taught my child.

Frankly, it's none of your business. You are totally off topic and out of bounds.

TROLL ALERT.

Last edited by Synopsis; 08-19-2008 at 12:22 PM..

Old 08-19-2008, 10:08 AM

13,043 posts, read 21,154,444 times
This poster will self destruct in 3....2.....1.......

Last edited by Synopsis; 08-19-2008 at 12:23 PM..

Old 08-19-2008, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post

Your the worst kind of hypocrite.
What does my being black have to do with this topic?

Here's my definition of a hypocrit: Those who condone the illegal presence and activity of anyone with whom they share a race/ethnicity would be my definition of a hypocrit. Moderator cut: personal attack

That being said:

Unlike those of your raza, and a few of mine who thinks that race trumps everything, I don't fit into that mold. My concerns for the future of my country trumps race.

While I agree stereotyping and racism exists, you seem to forget that I've posted a great deal of the articles that confirms the horrendous numbers of and atrocious acts perpetrated by those here illegally, primarily from SOB.

If you want to point fingers, blames those of your raza who perpetrate the crimes that have cultivated and cemented the negative opinions of hispanics.

Last edited by Synopsis; 08-19-2008 at 11:42 AM..

Old 08-19-2008, 10:14 AM

4,828 posts, read 6,789,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
This poster will self destruct in 3....2.....1.......
It's you again.

Old 08-19-2008, 10:21 AM

Quote:

TROLL ALERT.
A troll is someone who deliberately posts things that are meant to incite or enflame people. You my friend are equally guilty of that.

Old 08-19-2008, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
A troll is someone who deliberately posts things that are meant to incite or enflame people. You my friend are equally guilty of that.

Don't get it twisted, I don't live under your bridge and I certainly am not your friend. You have totally crossed the line.

Consider this the end any further communication with you.

Old 08-19-2008, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Don't get it twisted, I don't live under your bridge and I certainly am not your friend. You have totally crossed the line.

Consider this the end any further communication with you.
Haha, someone's sensitive. Have a great day!

Old 08-19-2008, 10:56 AM

3,172 posts, read 5,993,791 times
Quote:
What does my being black have to do with this topic?

Here's my definition of a hypocrit: Those who condone the illegal presence and activity of anyone with whom they share a race/ethnicity would be my definition of a hypocrit. That would be you wouldn't it?

That being said:

Unlike those of your raza, and a few of mine who thinks that race trumps everything, I don't fit into that mold. My concerns for the future of my country trumps race.

While I agree stereotyping and racism exists, you seem to forget that I've posted a great deal of the articles that confirms the horrendous numbers of and atrocious acts perpetrated by those here illegally, primarily from SOB.

If you want to point fingers, blames those of your raza who perpetrate the crimes that have cultivated and cemented the negative opinions of hispanics.

While I wont use the "well American people do those crimes too" argument to defend illegals committing crimes in the U.S., I will use it to defend accusations against people of my ethnicity.

Your articles prove that illegals commit crimes in the US, but they do not prove your hateful theory of Mexicans being an ethnic group of deviants.

I can pull up hundreds of articles of people of different ethnic groups committing the VERY SAME crimes as the ones you post. I can post a whole lot that are worse.

But that doesnt have anything to do with the discussion on immigration, and I, unlike you, would be called out on it.

In my eyes, youre nothing more than a Moderator cut: personal attack. You make these ugly comments from behind a computer, but I would love for you to make your claims to a group. Bring up your views on Mexican culture in your thursday morning coffee with your politician.
Sen. Dick Durbin & Rep. Jerry Costello on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Id love to know the crowds reaction.

Your way of thinking is outdated in this country. Your way of thinking would have been more fitting if it was the 1960s.

Last edited by Synopsis; 08-19-2008 at 11:44 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or