U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-15-2008, 04:41 PM
 
Location: S.Florida
3,325 posts, read 4,693,104 times
Reputation: 343

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gortamor View Post
I would like to know why you have such a deep seated hatred of Mexicans, dubsmom. Can you answer that, or are you just a wind up?

Its called terror . You can be in grammer school and see it . Other words also come to mind.

I would hate to be it in the after life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-15-2008, 04:42 PM
 
Location: South Bay Native
13,048 posts, read 21,158,596 times
Reputation: 22524
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
crickets -lol
Have you noticed the thread hijack BTW? They seem most intent on getting threads shut down that portray them in a light they aren't used to. They seem more intent on discussing and insulting other posters than they are with discussing the subject of the thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2008, 04:42 PM
 
349 posts, read 573,592 times
Reputation: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
crickets -lol
No at all.
It's a logical fallacy to take one incident and paint a whole group of people with it. For example:

'A black man robbed the shop therefore all black men are thieves...'

Patently ridiculous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2008, 04:43 PM
 
Location: South Bay Native
13,048 posts, read 21,158,596 times
Reputation: 22524
Quote:
Originally Posted by gortamor View Post
No at all.
It's a logical fallacy to take one incident and paint a whole group of people with it. For example:

'A black man robbed the shop therefore all black men are thieves...'

Patently ridiculous.
Thread hijack in session.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2008, 04:44 PM
 
349 posts, read 573,592 times
Reputation: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Have you noticed the thread hijack BTW? They seem most intent on getting threads shut down that portray them in a light they aren't used to. They seem more intent on discussing and insulting other posters than they are with discussing the subject of the thread.
What was the original intent of this thread, btw? Have you any idea? And do you not expect others may have opposing opinions? If not, is too bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2008, 04:47 PM
 
Location: South Bay Native
13,048 posts, read 21,158,596 times
Reputation: 22524
Quote:
Originally Posted by gortamor View Post
What was the original intent of this thread, btw? Have you any idea? And do you not expect others may have opposing opinions? If not, is too bad.
Your opposing opinions are based on concoctions of perceived slights in your own mind. Little if anything you have posted here has to do with the subject of this thread, which is a deportation due to sexual assault.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2008, 04:49 PM
 
349 posts, read 573,592 times
Reputation: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
I failed to find a single post in this thread claiming that all Mexicans have "culturally embedded predatory instincts". Paranoid much? Or do you just add on your own crap whenever you identify with something negative in this forum.
Then look at page three, where dubs states:
Yep. You can take sexual predators out of their country but . . . you can't take the culturally embedded predatory instincts out of the predator.

If she didn't mean to imply this, she can easily correct it here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2008, 04:49 PM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,895,366 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Have you noticed the thread hijack BTW? They seem most intent on getting threads shut down that portray them in a light they aren't used to. They seem more intent on discussing and insulting other posters than they are with discussing the subject of the thread.

It's what they do, day in and day out. The criminal acts that Americans consider heinous crimes are common occurrences in mexico.

They have become immune to the shock value. It is only when we shine a light on them that it becomes an issue worthy of defensive posturing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2008, 04:50 PM
 
349 posts, read 573,592 times
Reputation: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Your opposing opinions are based on concoctions of perceived slights in your own mind. Little if anything you have posted here has to do with the subject of this thread, which is a deportation due to sexual assault.
You ignore my question - why do you think this link was posted - what do you believe the intent was?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2008, 04:50 PM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,895,366 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by gortamor View Post
Then look at page three, where dubs states:
Yep. You can take sexual predators out of their country but . . . you can't take the culturally embedded predatory instincts out of the predator.

If she didn't mean to imply this, she can easily correct it here.
I meant every single word that I said, I even backed it up with the link/proof you requested.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top