U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 09:45 AM

8,973 posts, read 14,615,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achury View Post
No I long for the day when English is no longer heard in USA and every politician is Hispanic but Mexican in Ca-TX-Az.
Are you sure this is what you want? There are already a number of countries where most of the politicians are Hispanic, and where English is seldom heard. Can you give examples of how this would work when it happens here? What will be the advantages of this change, as you predict it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2008, 09:53 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Quote:
No I long for the day when English is no longer heard in USA and every politician is Hispanic but Mexican in Ca-TX-Az.
Remember something here:

Hispanic culture is very White supremacist: the standard of beauty in both Mexico and Spain is white skin and blue eyes------Mestizos need not apply.

Face it: Achury; if us Americans became 'Hispanic'.............you Aztecs, Mayans, etc. would be slapped around a lot more than presently here in the USA----and, if you dare raise a hand against the 'Conquistadores'.................

The cold reality is us 'Anglos' are not going anywhere: we are too powerful and becoming quite annoyed at the insolence of MEChA.

Worse yet for 'La Raza': you guys are pissing off the American Blacks; if the latter start 'dancing in the streets'-----------us 'White boys' will be backing them up.

Again; Achury, be very careful what you wish for......................you may not like the consequences.

Old 08-16-2008, 10:06 AM

25,107 posts, read 34,366,957 times
Quote:
You can not deport a citizens ofcouse no such thing as far as your concerned if your Mexican.

the more that come through the border the better
If they are here illegally - they are not citizens - they can, and will be deported

Old 08-16-2008, 10:07 AM

Quote:
English is the language of business throughout the world. Therefore - if you don't hear english - no business is being done. No wonder that Mexico is so poor -

Old 08-16-2008, 10:08 AM

3,325 posts, read 4,693,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
English is the language of business throughout the world. Therefore - if you don't hear english - no business is being done. No wonder that Mexico is so poor -

Things are changing go to many places signs only in Spanish and many are big stores big business

Old 08-16-2008, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Things are changing go to many places signs only in Spanish and many are big stores big business
I am talking of the WORLD - your perspective is myopic - local.

AND, the FACT is - English is the BUSINESS language of the world. If you cannot accept this very SIMPLE fact, they, you are destined to be very poor financially.

Old 08-16-2008, 10:48 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Quote:
Outside of most of Latin America and Spain: Spanish is not an important language whereas English is the lingua franca of the world.

Besides: Achury; why are you so in love with Spanish----------it was/is the language of the conquistadores who killed, raped, and robbed the Aztecs, etc.

Old 08-16-2008, 10:52 AM

4,800 posts, read 7,689,216 times
Quote:
Why, so they can eff it up the same way as they've done with Mexico?

You honestly want to bring a system of government to the U.S. that is fueled by the mordita?

Geezus kid, pull your head out of your tail.

Old 08-16-2008, 11:06 AM

4,264 posts, read 7,931,569 times
Quote:
It is true . I have to go but dont like your Border guard title as those 2 guards will live in jail for what they did.

they kept hard working brother's from seeking a better life
Oh please don't even get me started. That "hard working brother" was working hard all right, smuggling drugs into the US. If you are basing your facts on the media you are dead wrong in believing everything you read. This "brother" was a scumbag not trying to earn an honest living but instead commiting a crime. Like I have said many times if the illegals immigrants don't like the way they are treated than DON'T come to the US. And I doubt very seriously if those Border Patrol agents will live in jail, yes they should have lost their jobs but they shoudn't be in jail for interuppting a felony in progress. Like I said you don't have all the facts.

Old 08-16-2008, 11:15 AM

4,800 posts, read 7,689,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajzjmsmom View Post
Oh please don't even get me started. That "hard working brother" was working hard all right, smuggling drugs into the US. If you are basing your facts on the media you are dead wrong in believing everything you read. This "brother" was a scumbag not trying to earn an honest living but instead commiting a crime. Like I have said many times if the illegals immigrants don't like the way they are treated than DON'T come to the US. And I doubt very seriously if those Border Patrol agents will live in jail, yes they should have lost their jobs but they shoudn't be in jail for interuppting a felony in progress. Like I said you don't have all the facts.
The "hard working brother", Osvaldo Aldrete, will spend the next decade in a federal prison. A federal judge in El Paso sentenced 27-year-old Osvaldo Aldrete-Davila.

The sentencing breaks down as follows:

Count III: Possession with intent to distribute 100 kilograms or more of marijuana -- 57 months, 5 years supervised release, $100 special assessment

Count IV: Conspiracy to import 100 kilograms or more of marijuana -- 57 months, 5 years supervised release, $100 special assessment

Count III and IV are to run concurrently.

Count V: Conspiracy to possess with the intent to distribute 100 Kilograms or more of marijuana -- 57 months, 5 years supervised release, $100 special Assessment

Count VI: Possession with intent to distribute 100 kilograms or more of marijuana -- 57 months, 5 years supervised release

Count V and VI are to run concurrently.

Aldrete pleaded guilty in April 2007 to two counts of possession with the intent to distribute a controlled substance, and one count each of conspiracy to import a controlled substance and conspiracy to possess a controlled substance.

Looks like his bid for "a better life" in the U.S. didn't get off to such a great start, eh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or