Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 11:21 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,200,144 times

Advertisements

I am beginning to really believe that our young friend, Achury, is nothing more than an immature TROLL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2008, 11:29 AM

1,452 posts, read 3,184,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achury View Post
Yes and no shame in that. Thats why amnesty is needed since we have helped build USA with work you would not do .
I totally agree with your last comment! I'm afraid that many young Americans who previously may have been grateful for minimum+ wage jobs in the fields and orchards, factories and restaurants have become either too spoiled or too lazy, turning their noses up at jobs they believe are beneath them! That has been our company's experience - finding good workers for a good wage has become a futile search. We (a small building company) looked for 2 years to find a carpenter's helper - without *experience* - basically just a pair of hands to no avail.
We had employed Latinos (with document proof) who were *incredibly* hard workers but then we became concerned about the new immigration laws and worried about the extensive verification required for each employee. Plus, because of these new laws, many Latino workers just vanished into the shadows..
I'm sure the movie 'A Day Without Mexicans' has been discussed but that scenario *could* shut down MANY U.S. businesses because good American workers are SO hard to find.. But maybe the deteriorating economic situation in the US will eventually change all that..

Old 08-16-2008, 11:32 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,735,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahSal View Post
I totally agree with your last comment! I'm afraid that many young Americans who previously may have been grateful for minimum+ wage jobs in the fields and orchards, factories and restaurants have become either too spoiled or too lazy, turning their noses up at jobs they believe are beneath them! That has been our company's experience - finding good workers for a good wage has become a futile search. We (a small building company) looked for 2 years to find a carpenter's helper - without *experience* - basically just a pair of hands to no avail.
We had employed Latinos (with document proof) who were *incredibly* hard workers but then we became concerned about the new immigration laws and worried about the extensive verification required for each employee. Plus, because of these new laws, many Latino workers just vanished into the shadows..
I'm sure the movie 'A Day Without Mexicans' has been discussed but that scenario *could* shut down MANY U.S. businesses because good American workers are SO hard to find.. But maybe the deteriorating economic situation in the US will eventually change all that..
I think I'm going to hurl....

Old 08-16-2008, 11:40 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,063,514 times
Quote:
Guess what:

If this country (the USA) 'needs' illegal immigrants to survive-----------we deserve to die as a nation.

Old 08-16-2008, 11:43 AM

1,474 posts, read 2,296,741 times
Quote:
.We just built a 'family compound' in Bucerias (which you mentioned) and although we're builders here in the US, we used an excellent local contractor. We (and several other neighbors) are *still* waiting for our building permits. The contractor has been to the regional offices (in Valle) numerous times with all the correct paperwork and STILL has been unable to obtain the permits - always a new excuse why not, he says.. This is one of the fastest growing areas of Mexico (Vallarta in Nayarit and Jalisco) and apparently the authorities are either totally lax or can't keep up with the demands.

Why would you feel it necessary to build a "Family COmpound"???
Is that like a fort to protect you from the criminal squalor, or is that a brag that you can afford two or more homes.

And the fact that you brag about hiring illegals in america because they owrk cheap, why didnt you pass those savings on to your customers????

Wait, that is how you were able to afford the "family compound" in old mexico!

Now I get it, you will *********r american customers in your construction business and then brag about the better life.
When the day comes that we boot the illegals out, believe be sister, companys like yours also will go away...

Old 08-16-2008, 11:57 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,306,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
I think I'm going to hurl....

You got that right!

Old 08-16-2008, 01:42 PM

1,083 posts, read 2,290,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achury View Post
No I long for the day when English is no longer heard in USA and every politician is Hispanic but Mexican in Ca-TX-Az.
At least you're a pro-illegal that's honest about your agenda. However, wishful thinking. By the way, I think you're a troll and I don't believe your assertion about U.S. citizenship.

Old 08-17-2008, 11:42 AM

1,452 posts, read 3,184,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Convert 54 View Post
Why would you feel it necessary to build a "Family COmpound"???
Is that like a fort to protect you from the criminal squalor, or is that a brag that you can afford two or more homes.

And the fact that you brag about hiring illegals in america because they owrk cheap, why didnt you pass those savings on to your customers????

Wait, that is how you were able to afford the "family compound" in old mexico!

Now I get it, you will *********r american customers in your construction business and then brag about the better life.
When the day comes that we boot the illegals out, believe be sister, companys like yours also will go away...
Wow -those were incredibly rude comments in light of the fact that I was just trying to pass on our own experience with finding good workers.

BTW - our's is a small 2-worker company that does state rehabs for mainly old folks from Appalachia who are poor and very deserving of help!
I'm sorry if you misinterpreted my comments about our workers. The *reason* we once hired Latino workers was definitely NOT because they worked "cheap". It was because they were dilligent workers and it was impossible to find anyone here who knew what a 'work ethic' meant! Any workers we did hire were *always* been paid well (regardless of their *legal* origins) and, as I noted above, their salaries were based on their work ethic and experience.
Sorry to disabuse your notion of our being wealthy. There's not a lot of money in renovating for the state but it is steady work - AND any money we've made over the last 35+ years (yes, we're basically the over-55 set) has mainly come from our own homes which we've renovated *while* living in them amidst the construction debris. So, lots of hard work for many years which entitled us to prepare for future retirement in Mexico.
And, 'a further BTW', the majority of properties in our area of Mexico, both large and small alike, ARE normally walled! Our's is a somewhat larger lot - (making it a 'compound') and contains our two Tennessee hounddog *mutts*. We have a tiny casita and a bodega (utility building).

Not bragging at all; just stating the facts and sharing a little information. Guess you've discouraged me from doing so in the future.

Old 08-17-2008, 11:46 AM

3,645 posts, read 4,919,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
I am beginning to really believe that our young friend, Achury, is nothing more than an immature TROLL
LOLOLOL Just now? LOL I could tell he was a troll by his very first post. That is why I have been ignoring him for the most part. He is not worth anyone's time at all and if everyone would ignore him completely he would leave.

Old 08-17-2008, 11:47 AM

3,645 posts, read 4,919,303 times
Quote:
Wow -those were incredibly rude comments in light of the fact that I was just trying to pass on our own experience with finding good workers.

BTW - our's is a small 2-worker company that does state rehabs for mainly old folks from Appalachia who are poor and very deserving of help!
I'm sorry if you misinterpreted my comments about our workers. The *reason* we once hired Latino workers was definitely NOT because they worked "cheap". It was because they were dilligent workers and it was impossible to find anyone here who knew what a 'work ethic' meant! Any workers we did hire were *always* been paid well (regardless of their *legal* origins) and, as I noted above, their salaries were based on their work ethic and experience.
Sorry to disabuse your notion of our being wealthy. There's not a lot of money in renovating for the state but it is steady work - AND any money we've made over the last 35+ years (yes, we're basically the over-55 set) has mainly come from our own homes which we've renovated *while* living in them amidst the construction debris. So, lots of hard work for many years which entitled us to prepare for future retirement in Mexico.
And, 'a further BTW', the majority of properties in our area of Mexico, both large and small alike, ARE normally walled! Our's is a somewhat larger lot - (making it a 'compound') and contains our two Tennessee hounddog *mutts*. We have a tiny casita and a bodega (utility building).

Not bragging at all; just stating the facts and sharing a little information. Guess you've discouraged me from doing so in the future.
Uh huh!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration