U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 05:05 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,897,260 times

Advertisements

Thinking he was meeting a 15-year-old girl Friday morning, a 26-year-old Batesville man was surprised to find the girl’s father waiting for him.

Santiago Garcia, of Davis Lane Trailer Park, reportedly went to a location on Highway 233 outside Sulphur Rock around 7:30 a.m. for a rendezvous with the girl and ended up in a fight with her father, according to Independence County Deputy Dustin Robbins.

Robbins said he was first dispatched to the area regarding two men fighting at an accident scene.

“After speaking with the subjects for a few minutes, I found that the Hispanic male was at that location to meet with the white male’s 15-year-old daughter, but dad had learned of the situation and met him instead,” Robbins said.

According to Robbins, Garcia, dressed in lounge pants and a tank top shirt, first gave him a name of Diego Luna, the name of a famous Mexican actor, and said he was 23 years old. He also reportedly said he had a driver’s license, but not with him.

Garcia’s driver’s license was reportedly found while he was looking for insurance papers on his car. Robbins said that is when he learned that Garcia had given him an alias. When asked about the phony name, Garcia reportedly said that was the name the girl knew him by.

After placing Garcia under arrest, Robbins said an inventory of Garcia’s car turned up a roll of duct tape, and he had a condom in his wallet.

Fight erupts after father meets teenage daughter’s illegal pal | Batesville Daily Guard
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2008, 05:14 PM

3,859 posts, read 9,172,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Thinking he was meeting a 15-year-old girl Friday morning, a 26-year-old Batesville man was surprised to find the girl’s father waiting for him.

Santiago Garcia, of Davis Lane Trailer Park, reportedly went to a location on Highway 233 outside Sulphur Rock around 7:30 a.m. for a rendezvous with the girl and ended up in a fight with her father, according to Independence County Deputy Dustin Robbins.

Robbins said he was first dispatched to the area regarding two men fighting at an accident scene.

“After speaking with the subjects for a few minutes, I found that the Hispanic male was at that location to meet with the white male’s 15-year-old daughter, but dad had learned of the situation and met him instead,” Robbins said.

According to Robbins, Garcia, dressed in lounge pants and a tank top shirt, first gave him a name of Diego Luna, the name of a famous Mexican actor, and said he was 23 years old. He also reportedly said he had a driver’s license, but not with him.

Garcia’s driver’s license was reportedly found while he was looking for insurance papers on his car. Robbins said that is when he learned that Garcia had given him an alias. When asked about the phony name, Garcia reportedly said that was the name the girl knew him by.

After placing Garcia under arrest, Robbins said an inventory of Garcia’s car turned up a roll of duct tape, and he had a condom in his wallet.

Fight erupts after father meets teenage daughter’s illegal pal | Batesville Daily Guard
Legal or Illegal-if a 26 year-old guy showed up with DUCT TAPE to pick up my 15 year-old daughter, he would have to deal with me and my husband and it would not be pretty.

This is why illegals need to be deported and our borders need to be sealed. How long after he is deported will he be here illegally again bringing duct tape and condoms to meet with young girls? No thank you-this scum can go home-we have enough of our own here.

Old 08-15-2008, 05:20 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,897,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
Legal or Illegal-if a 26 year-old guy showed up with DUCT TAPE to pick up my 15 year-old daughter, he would have to deal with me and my husband and it would not be pretty.

This is why illegals need to be deported and our borders need to be sealed. How long after he is deported will he be here illegally again bringing duct tape and condoms to meet with young girls? No thank you-this scum can go home-we have enough of our own here.
Agreed, You and your husband are too kind. He'd meet the front end of my pistol prior to his descent straight to hell thereafter.

Last edited by JDubsMom; 08-15-2008 at 05:39 PM..

Old 08-15-2008, 05:27 PM

4,828 posts, read 6,791,262 times
Quote:
After speaking with the subjects for a few minutes, I found that the Hispanic male was at that location to meet with the white male’s 15-year-old daughter, but dad had learned of the situation and met him instead,” Robbins said.
Good the guy got caught but i bet the dad was surprised that his daughter was a skank, that is her going around meeting older men.

Old 08-15-2008, 05:43 PM

595 posts, read 2,486,091 times
This story had to have been made up. Anyone in their right mind knows that illegals aren't here to do anything but help our country! Why the hell would a hard working, respective, young man want to hurt a 15 year old white girl? Is this article trying to suggest that he planned to rape her, perhaps kidnapp or even KILL her?

Geesh!

What a bunch of "racist pigs!"

(again, )

Old 08-15-2008, 05:46 PM

3,325 posts, read 4,693,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illinoisboy View Post
This story had to have been made up. Anyone in their right mind knows that illegals aren't here to do anything but help our country! Why the hell would a hard working, respective, young man want to hurt a 15 year old white girl? Is this article trying to suggest that he planned to rape her, perhaps kidnapp or even KILL her?

Geesh!

What a bunch of "racist pigs!"

(again, )

Thank you. You know it .

adios

Old 08-15-2008, 05:48 PM

11,396 posts, read 15,999,324 times
To play devil's advocate, everyone I know has a roll of duct tape in their cars. I keep a roll in my bookbag and have found uses for it in the strangest of situations. You never know when you're going to need it. I don't see why that's causing such a ruckus.

This guy- illegal or not- is definitely a skeezeball. I also hope this young girl gets grounded from now until she graduates. It takes two to tango, here.

Old 08-15-2008, 05:51 PM

3,859 posts, read 9,172,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
To play devil's advocate, everyone I know has a roll of duct tape in their cars. I keep a roll in my bookbag and have found uses for it in the strangest of situations. You never know when you're going to need it. I don't see why that's causing such a ruckus.

This guy- illegal or not- is definitely a skeezeball. I also hope this young girl gets grounded from now until she graduates. It takes two to tango, here.
Are you serious? I have never kept a roll of duct tape in my car, purse or book bag. I would be interested in hearing what others have to say.

Old 08-15-2008, 06:10 PM

595 posts, read 2,486,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achury View Post
Thank you. You know it .

adios
You are un-freaking-believable.

Amazing. And you wonder why we aren't too fond of illegal aliens.

Old 08-15-2008, 06:11 PM

638 posts, read 1,638,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
To play devil's advocate, everyone I know has a roll of duct tape in their cars. I keep a roll in my bookbag and have found uses for it in the strangest of situations. You never know when you're going to need it.
I have wire-cutters, that doesn't make me a shoplifter. I agree that having a roll of duct tape is innocent in itself, however, it's the "intent" that sometimes makes all the difference, i.e., shop-lifting case (or suspect) with wire-cutters.

Human trafficking, sex trafficking, child prostitution, etc., is real, so there is a spectre of doubt the duct tape was happenstance, and this was just some 23yr old illegal alien wanting to commit statutory rape with a 15yr old girl.

We don't have enough facts regarding intent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or