Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 08:59 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,498,031 times

Advertisements

I know. I HAVE A SOLUTION!!!!!

Mexicans want to be Americans. So, why don't we just invade Mexico and annex the whole damn country - then all those Mexicans can be bona fide Americans - and we will have access to the resources that Mexico's corrupt, inept, ineffective and autocratic leaders are squandering (and mismanaging).

Now that is a solution.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2008, 09:16 AM

3,712 posts, read 6,477,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achury View Post
-------------------

To answer your question. I say NO you do not. Not as you are now we need to unite all the Amerca's here in this rich country.

Enough for everyone .
I've got to hand it to you for honesty.
Your goal is simply to plunder and loot the US. Let's help ourselves to everything the Americans have, right noble Aztec Warrior? Why not?
This business about the gringo stole your land, you do the jobs no one else would, our economy would collapse if it weren't for you wastebasket emptiers, the US is 'mean' and 'racist' if we do not give you everything you want, etc. is all a smokescreen. You want what we have. You reconquistas are operating on the level of a 3 year old- what's mine is mine and what's yours is mine.
Many people have tried to explain to you why there is not enough for everyone. And even if there was enough- why the **** should we share it with you? The people of Malaysia or Tibet deserve our help more than you people. At least they would not be marching in our streets and burning our flag.
This 'enough for everyone' post is a classic. There should be a sticky thread so we can immortalize your more profound observations for all time.

Old 08-18-2008, 09:18 AM

3,712 posts, read 6,477,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
I know. I HAVE A SOLUTION!!!!!

Mexicans want to be Americans. So, why don't we just invade Mexico and annex the whole damn country - then all those Mexicans can be bona fide Americans - and we will have access to the resources that Mexico's corrupt, inept, ineffective and autocratic leaders are squandering (and mismanaging).

Now that is a solution.
IMO, this would be an unmitigated disaster. We would bankrupt ourselves trying to straighten the place out. And probably fail.

Old 08-18-2008, 09:28 AM

1,448 posts, read 3,106,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
IMO, this would be an unmitigated disaster. We would bankrupt ourselves trying to straighten the place out. And probably fail.
I could see annexing Canada where birth rates, education, income, and culture are similar to the US, but Mexico would be suicide.

Old 08-18-2008, 11:02 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,498,031 times
Well, the whole point of my post is the absurdity of it.

Of course we can't conquer Mexico. We already fought that fight, LOL.

However, with so much of Mexico's population migrating here (illegally) and American dollars being sent back to Mexico to bolster up their own economy . . . and w/ so many Mexicans evidently wanting to be American citizens . . . I was hoping it would give pause to everyone how ridiculous it is for us to be spending tax dollars RIGHT NOW on entitlements for illegals (and their anchor baby kids).

We might as well have Mexico under our flag, w/ the dollars we are spending to take educate, feed and provide healthcare to their citizens.

Old 08-18-2008, 03:19 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Smile when you all say that: if Mexico were to disintegrate; which is not totally unlikely, we may wind up with Nuevo Leon, Sonora, Chihuahua, Tamapaus (sp) and Baja.

Apparently those Mexicans who actually live in the above Mx states ain't real happy about subsidizing Chiapas, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration