U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 05:32 PM

3,640 posts, read 4,315,621 times

Advertisements

Ahhhh, it looks like one of our trolls is back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2008, 05:43 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,178,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chey2u View Post
If I could vote on it or help them I would give Arizona back to them as well as the other territory we stole from them at gunpoint. All so many of you care about is war... mine, mine, mine. Why not all for one and one for all. Too simple to grasp. " me man, me hunt with big gun steal land arrgh"
We fought and won a WAR, chey2u, we didn't STEAL anything. You do realize that Mexico fought and won a war with Spain to get their independence, don't you? And I'm sure you know that the French invaded Mexico at Veracruz, took control of Mexico City and ruled for 4 years until 1867. I'll bet you didn't know this...
Quote:
Maximilian's rule of Mexico was also short lived, from 1864 to 1867. With the American Civil War now over, the U.S. began to provide more political and military assistance to Mexico to expel the French, after which Maximilian was executed by the Mexicans - his bullet riddled shirt is kept at the museum at Chapultepec Castle in Mexico City.
So guess what, chey2u, Mexico owes US for their independence.

Old 08-19-2008, 05:50 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,685,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chey2u View Post
If I could vote on it or help them I would give Arizona back to them as well as the other territory we stole from them at gunpoint. All so many of you care about is war... mine, mine, mine. Why not all for one and one for all. Too simple to grasp. " me man, me hunt with big gun steal land arrgh"
You must mean the Najavo, Apache, etc. peoples---------the Spanish Hispanics conquered them.

The hell with Mexico..........the Aztecs, etc. did not live this far north prior to 1492.

The cold reality is that us Americans are not going anywhere: what happened to the indigenous peoples was wrong but it is too late to 'put things right'. Besides: if us putative 'interlopers' were to 'return' to Europe---------something tells me the English, Spanish, etc. would tell us to go jump in a lake.

Old 08-19-2008, 06:48 PM

638 posts, read 1,640,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illinoisboy View Post
What frightens me is that people like this are able to say stupid things like this . .
AB . . I'm probably of Neanderthal decent, so bear with me, but my preliminary research suggests statements like "we will own Arizona" should be taken seriously, and viewed exactly for what they are saying.

Example of the difference : A fellow recently said, ". . hated George W. Bush and that he wanted to put a bullet in the president's head," for which no charges have been filed, because as freedom of speech dictates, people are allowed to say stupid things. However, he was charged when he said (regarding Obama), "If he gets elected, I'll assassinate him myself." Five years in prison is currently on his calendar.

I personally dislike both of those politicians too, but look at the words . . "I will". Why wouldn't anyone take that seriously as a threat? At the least, it's an "incite" to violence. Nothing personal against the fellow, I'm just showing you a difference of when someone breaches stupidty and freedom of speech, into criminal activity.

Incite
To arouse; urge; provoke; encourage; spur on; goad; stir up; instigate; set in motion; as in to incite a riot. Also, generally, in Criminal Law to instigate, persuade, or move another to commit a crime; in this sense nearly synonymous with abet.
http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Inciting

Granted, I'm no expert on law and taxes, but in my layman's view, statements like "we will own Arizona" are an open declaration of war on the United States of America. And should be referred to the experts to determine their opinion.

US Department of Justice
United States Department of Justice

US Marshals Service
http://www.usmarshals.gov/

Preliminary research . .

US Code Crimes and Criminal Procedure
Title 18 Part I Chapter 115
§ 2385
"Whoever knowingly or willfully advocates, abets, advises, or teaches the duty, necessity, desirability, or propriety of overthrowing or destroying the government of the United States or the government of any State, Territory, District or Possession thereof, or the government of any political subdivision therein, by force or violence, or by the assassination of any officer of any such government; or
Whoever, with intent to cause the overthrow or destruction of any such government, prints, publishes, edits, issues, circulates, sells, distributes, or publicly displays any written or printed matter advocating, advising, or teaching the duty, necessity, desirability, or propriety of overthrowing or destroying any government in the United States by force or violence, or attempts to do so; or
Whoever organizes or helps or attempts to organize any society, group, or assembly of persons who teach, advocate, or encourage the overthrow or destruction of any such government by force or violence; or becomes or is a member of, or affiliates with, any such society, group, or assembly of persons, knowing the purposes thereof—
Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both, and shall be ineligible for employment by the United States or any department or agency thereof, for the five years next following his conviction.
If two or more persons conspire to commit any offense named in this section, each shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both, and shall be ineligible for employment by the United States or any department or agency thereof, for the five years next following his conviction.
As used in this section, the terms “organizes” and “organize”, with respect to any society, group, or assembly of persons, include the recruiting of new members, the forming of new units, and the regrouping or expansion of existing clubs, classes, and other units of such society, group, or assembly of persons. "

§ 2384
"If two or more persons in any State or Territory, or in any place subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, conspire to overthrow, put down, or to destroy by force the Government of the United States, or to levy war against them, or to oppose by force the authority thereof, or by force to prevent, hinder, or delay the execution of any law of the United States, or by force to seize, take, or possess any property of the United States contrary to the authority thereof, they shall each be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both. "

Additional reading . .

Sedition
A revolt or an incitement to revolt against established authority, usually in the form of Treason or Defamation against government.
Sedition legal definition of Sedition. Sedition synonyms by the Free Online Law Dictionary.

Sedition
Sedition - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Additional reading . .

US Code Aliens and Enemies (War and National Defense)
Title 50

US CODE: Title 50,CHAPTER 3—ALIEN ENEMIES

Last edited by r601020; 08-19-2008 at 07:01 PM..

Old 08-20-2008, 06:34 AM

3,640 posts, read 4,315,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r601020 View Post
AB . . I'm probably of Neanderthal decent, so bear with me, but my preliminary research suggests statements like "we will own Arizona" should be taken seriously, and viewed exactly for what they are saying.

Example of the difference : A fellow recently said, ". . hated George W. Bush and that he wanted to put a bullet in the president's head," for which no charges have been filed, because as freedom of speech dictates, people are allowed to say stupid things. However, he was charged when he said (regarding Obama), "If he gets elected, I'll assassinate him myself." Five years in prison is currently on his calendar.

I personally dislike both of those politicians too, but look at the words . . "I will". Why wouldn't anyone take that seriously as a threat? At the least, it's an "incite" to violence. Nothing personal against the fellow, I'm just showing you a difference of when someone breaches stupidty and freedom of speech, into criminal activity.

Incite
To arouse; urge; provoke; encourage; spur on; goad; stir up; instigate; set in motion; as in to incite a riot. Also, generally, in Criminal Law to instigate, persuade, or move another to commit a crime; in this sense nearly synonymous with abet.
inciting legal definition of inciting. inciting synonyms by the Free Online Law Dictionary.

Granted, I'm no expert on law and taxes, but in my layman's view, statements like "we will own Arizona" are an open declaration of war on the United States of America. And should be referred to the experts to determine their opinion.

US Department of Justice
United States Department of Justice

US Marshals Service
U.S. Marshals Home Page

Preliminary research . .

§ 2385
"Whoever knowingly or willfully advocates, abets, advises, or teaches the duty, necessity, desirability, or propriety of overthrowing or destroying the government of the United States or the government of any State, Territory, District or Possession thereof, or the government of any political subdivision therein, by force or violence, or by the assassination of any officer of any such government; or
Whoever, with intent to cause the overthrow or destruction of any such government, prints, publishes, edits, issues, circulates, sells, distributes, or publicly displays any written or printed matter advocating, advising, or teaching the duty, necessity, desirability, or propriety of overthrowing or destroying any government in the United States by force or violence, or attempts to do so; or
Whoever organizes or helps or attempts to organize any society, group, or assembly of persons who teach, advocate, or encourage the overthrow or destruction of any such government by force or violence; or becomes or is a member of, or affiliates with, any such society, group, or assembly of persons, knowing the purposes thereof—
Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both, and shall be ineligible for employment by the United States or any department or agency thereof, for the five years next following his conviction.
If two or more persons conspire to commit any offense named in this section, each shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both, and shall be ineligible for employment by the United States or any department or agency thereof, for the five years next following his conviction.
As used in this section, the terms “organizes” and “organize”, with respect to any society, group, or assembly of persons, include the recruiting of new members, the forming of new units, and the regrouping or expansion of existing clubs, classes, and other units of such society, group, or assembly of persons. "

§ 2384
"If two or more persons in any State or Territory, or in any place subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, conspire to overthrow, put down, or to destroy by force the Government of the United States, or to levy war against them, or to oppose by force the authority thereof, or by force to prevent, hinder, or delay the execution of any law of the United States, or by force to seize, take, or possess any property of the United States contrary to the authority thereof, they shall each be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both. "

Additional reading . .

Sedition
A revolt or an incitement to revolt against established authority, usually in the form of Treason or Defamation against government.
Sedition legal definition of Sedition. Sedition synonyms by the Free Online Law Dictionary.

Sedition
Sedition - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Additional reading . .

US Code Aliens and Enemies (War and National Defense)
Title 50

US CODE: Title 50,CHAPTER 3—ALIEN ENEMIES
Careful now, many people here, the ones who love the illegals and think they can do no wrong, don't wantthe truth posted.

Old 08-21-2008, 11:06 AM

Tucson chief revises illegal immigrant policy

“What we don't want to see is an underclass of victims who won't report crimes for fear of being deported,” Pacheco (Sgt. Fabian Pacheco) said.

I've heard those regurgitations from la raza out of the Phoenix Police Department for years too.

National Council of La Raza: Policies (http://www.nclr.org/content/policy/detail/1063/ - broken link)

Old 08-21-2008, 11:27 AM

Overlapping . . gutting of local law enforcement making illegal aliens "untouchables". Courtesy of the Mexican American Legal Defense and Education Fund (MALDEF)

MALDEF - Press Releases (http://www.maldef.org/news/press.cfm?ID=194 - broken link)

Fayetteville, Arkansas 2003
"The lawsuit, Lopez v. the City of Rogers (U.S. District Court Case No. 01-5061), filed on March 23, 2001 alleged that Latinos were improperly stopped and investigated based on their ethnicity and perceived immigration status.

Under the settlement agreement, the City of Rogers will publish a general order regarding “prohibition and prevention of racial/bias profiling” in its Police Department’s “Policy and Procedures” manual. That order will prohibit officers from . .

Finally, local police enforcement of federal civil immigration laws will be strictly prohibited . ."

If you have read what what Police Departments say in Arizona, they regurgitate this almost word for word . . and look where it's coming from.

"MALDEF opposes the proposed CLEAR Act because it would undermine public safety in Latino and immigrant communities: If they identify police with immigration enforcement, many might hesitate to report crimes or assist in criminal investigations as witnesses because of the fear that any contact with the police could lead to being detained based on their perceived immigration status."

Old 08-21-2008, 02:38 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,685,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r601020 View Post
Overlapping . . gutting of local law enforcement making illegal aliens "untouchables". Courtesy of the Mexican American Legal Defense and Education Fund (MALDEF)

MALDEF - Press Releases (http://www.maldef.org/news/press.cfm?ID=194 - broken link)

Fayetteville, Arkansas 2003
"The lawsuit, Lopez v. the City of Rogers (U.S. District Court Case No. 01-5061), filed on March 23, 2001 alleged that Latinos were improperly stopped and investigated based on their ethnicity and perceived immigration status.

Under the settlement agreement, the City of Rogers will publish a general order regarding “prohibition and prevention of racial/bias profiling” in its Police Department’s “Policy and Procedures” manual. That order will prohibit officers from . .

Finally, local police enforcement of federal civil immigration laws will be strictly prohibited . ."

If you have read what what Police Departments say in Arizona, they regurgitate this almost word for word . . and look where it's coming from.

"MALDEF opposes the proposed CLEAR Act because it would undermine public safety in Latino and immigrant communities: If they identify police with immigration enforcement, many might hesitate to report crimes or assist in criminal investigations as witnesses because of the fear that any contact with the police could lead to being detained based on their perceived immigration status."
Note the date: 2003-------a lot has happened in the last 5 years to the pro illegal crowd.

The pendulum is swinging the other way as we speak.

Old 08-21-2008, 10:01 PM

1,218 posts, read 3,589,603 times
Achury: So, you want to make Arizona like Mexico--a toilet? THERE'S a goal. I suppose it would make sense for you to want Arizona, since you've wrecked Mexico.

Old 08-21-2008, 10:22 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,019,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmulk View Post
Achury: So, you want to make Arizona like Mexico--a toilet? THERE'S a goal. I suppose it would make sense for you to want Arizona, since you've wrecked Mexico.
Ouch,,,,,,,,,,,,,now that really bites..........yer gonna give the boy a severe case of the two trots.....................
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration