U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 09:21 PM

391 posts, read 740,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
Chey2u, get used to being put under suspcion by other members of being an illegal immigrant becuase you don't agree with their views. I think I've been called one back in the day.
I really do not care too much what they say about me because I know the truth. fact that annoys me is they judge. I love the mexican people I have only had good experiences with them. I was born in this country as well as my parents, their parents and their parent and their parents and so on and so on etc. Do I think there is a problem here with immigration ? you would have to be blind not to see it or know about it. Does our gov't handle it right? I think they are testing new ways and hopefully there will be a solution one day good for all. Our Gov't isn't working to hard or to fast to fix it and are spending billions as usual. My problem is I love people. I do not like hate or war or violence. In the past when I have had problems with other cultures because our way of living is so different I would hire several to be in direct contact with and learn from them. I think I have worked with just about every person of every culture. Never had a place for hate, judgemental, hurtful or just plain old nastiness. All of us has something to offer. I think if this board could stop being so hateful and judgemental or attacking we could maybe help our gov't come to a result that could help everyone. But I expect too much so will probably go back to just lurking so those with the afor mentioned attitudes can get their rocks off babbling information that will never come to a conclusion.
I am sure this board has not heard the last from me but I choose not to converse with hate mongers. Thank you for your warning. I appreciated your kind input.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2008, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post

We should have compassion when shipping the Mexicans back to their homeland -- that's all.
First time I have heard something sensible and kind from the masses

Old 08-23-2008, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r601020 View Post
".

Or were you referring to the wrath of Mexico? Sorry, I get confused when people use words like "wrath" and mighty smiter stuff . . please clarify.
Not worth responding to

Old 08-23-2008, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
Okay how many of your pro-illegal friends actually make the commitment to go to Mexico, El Salvador, Honduras, etc? I dont hear of many US-born pro-illegals actually going to these poor foreign countries to help improve conditions. I believe that would be more effective than rallying for illegals unlimited rights here in the US. BTW that rallying is falling on deafer ears.

There are several large groups down around Tucson. They not only do daily sweeps to help but also groups take turns in Mexico. maybe you should check it out

Old 08-23-2008, 10:35 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,734,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chey2u View Post
There are several large groups down around Tucson. They not only do daily sweeps to help but also groups take turns in Mexico. maybe you should check it out

You are right, I have mentioned that myself, when they say," why don't you go to Mexico and help them there". They won't believe you anyway and it is none of their business.

Old 08-24-2008, 07:44 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
Phx is being cleaned out nicely---------it is past time to toss the illegals out of the Tucson area as well.

Tucson ain't liberal---------that area does not believe in paying proper wages for blue collar Americans-----------be they Anglo or Hispanic

Old 08-24-2008, 08:37 AM

638 posts, read 1,637,959 times
Quote:
Not worth responding to
Actually it was very relevant. Were you threating us with God, or threating us with Mexico? Or were you threatening us with something else?

Make your threat coward.

Old 08-24-2008, 08:52 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
You are right, I have mentioned that myself, when they say," why don't you go to Mexico and help them there". They won't believe you anyway and it is none of their business.
Wow! Talk about backtracking. I read your 'original' post (late last night) where you admonished chey2u. What happened? Did someone inform you of the posters' pro-illegal stance?

Old 08-24-2008, 09:15 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
It's certainly our business when those speaking of their great charity only mean the confiscation of American taxpayers' income. They never plan to hit up the super wealthy elites of Mexico to help Mexico. It's always about Americans being forced into paying to rescue every last Mexican citizen.

Old 08-24-2008, 09:18 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Quote:
First time I have heard something sensible and kind from the masses

And you have to admit -- it's Mexicans that bear the shame in all this. How many illegals die trying to get out of their rich land, but when we return them, it's in comfortable air-conditioned ICE vans, airplanes, and we provide meals and liquids. Far different from the way Mexico sends them over -- unventilated semi-trailers and box cars, a long dangerous hike through the deserts.

The Central American illegals will tell you that the worst part of their journey was through Mexico.

It's Mexico and the people of Mexico that need to change, need to put some reforms in place. The injustice starts there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or