U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 09:27 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,722,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chey2u View Post
I really do not care too much what they say about me because I know the truth. fact that annoys me is they judge. I love the mexican people I have only had good experiences with them. I was born in this country as well as my parents, their parents and their parent and their parents and so on and so on etc. Do I think there is a problem here with immigration ? you would have to be blind not to see it or know about it. Does our gov't handle it right? I think they are testing new ways and hopefully there will be a solution one day good for all. Our Gov't isn't working to hard or to fast to fix it and are spending billions as usual. My problem is I love people. I do not like hate or war or violence. In the past when I have had problems with other cultures because our way of living is so different I would hire several to be in direct contact with and learn from them. I think I have worked with just about every person of every culture. Never had a place for hate, judgemental, hurtful or just plain old nastiness. All of us has something to offer. I think if this board could stop being so hateful and judgemental or attacking we could maybe help our gov't come to a result that could help everyone. But I expect too much so will probably go back to just lurking so those with the afor mentioned attitudes can get their rocks off babbling information that will never come to a conclusion.
I am sure this board has not heard the last from me but I choose not to converse with hate mongers. Thank you for your warning. I appreciated your kind input.

To me if you really love them, then rather than having us "save" all the escapees, things should be changed in Mexico that would make it possible for them to live and work in their own country.

Open borders are not working. Mexico is really not becoming more stable over the past 20 years. The fact is -- we cannot take in 100% of the people of Mexico, not even the over 50% impoverished of Mexico. Mexico is the world's 12th richest nation -- but people abandoning their children for American money is not a good thing.

The Mexican government of course drools over the remittance money sent back -- but look at the social costs. Children are growing up with their parents 3000 miles away when children need parents in the home raising them. Men are abandoning their families, they might start out intending to send money back but often meet some cutie in the local night club and the family back home is soon forgotten. That's one reason Mexico needs to keep sending ever increasing numbers of illegals to get at that remittance money -- it often stops and the forgotten family is all that much more desperate.

Also illegal immigration is racist because there are many throughout the world who would like to come to the USA, who would like to become American -- but they have no chance at all.

Some immigration is good but not when it's only for the purpose of getting the cheapest possible labor, when parents must leave their families behind because the wages they will earn are so meager, or when immigration vastly expands the welfare programs because illegals cannot find work or don't wish to work or their wages don't cover our very high cost of living. If we need immigrants, we need them to come legally, in an orderly process and from a variety of backgrounds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2008, 10:28 AM

3,712 posts, read 5,711,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chey2u View Post
I really do not care too much what they say about me because I know the truth. fact that annoys me is they judge. I love the mexican people I have only had good experiences with them. I was born in this country as well as my parents, their parents and their parent and their parents and so on and so on etc. Do I think there is a problem here with immigration ? you would have to be blind not to see it or know about it. Does our gov't handle it right? I think they are testing new ways and hopefully there will be a solution one day good for all. Our Gov't isn't working to hard or to fast to fix it and are spending billions as usual. My problem is I love people. I do not like hate or war or violence. In the past when I have had problems with other cultures because our way of living is so different I would hire several to be in direct contact with and learn from them. I think I have worked with just about every person of every culture. Never had a place for hate, judgemental, hurtful or just plain old nastiness. All of us has something to offer. I think if this board could stop being so hateful and judgemental or attacking we could maybe help our gov't come to a result that could help everyone. But I expect too much so will probably go back to just lurking so those with the afor mentioned attitudes can get their rocks off babbling information that will never come to a conclusion.
I am sure this board has not heard the last from me but I choose not to converse with hate mongers. Thank you for your warning. I appreciated your kind input.
There is not need to beat around the bush. What you seem to want is for every impoverished, illiterate south of the border to be permitted to take up residence in the US and amnesty for the ones already here. And anyone who disagrees with you is a mean, nasty racist. Why should the US be obligated to come up with a solution that is 'good for all'? How about coming up with a solution that is good for the US for a change? Mexico needs to grow up and solve their own problems instead of dumping them on us. Spare me the holier than thou tripe. Overcrowded schools, neighborhoods that have gone to he11 because clown houses start springing up and bankrupt hospitals do not in any way benefit the US. Anyone who thinks they do is a fool.

Old 08-24-2008, 10:31 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,628,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
There is not need to beat around the bush. What you seem to want is for every impoverished, illiterate south of the border to be permitted to take up residence in the US and amnesty for the ones already here. And anyone who disagrees with you is a mean, nasty racist. Why should the US be obligated to come up with a solution that is 'good for all'? How about coming up with a solution that is good for the US for a change? Mexico needs to grow up and solve their own problems instead of dumping them on us. Spare me the holier than thou tripe. Overcrowded schools, neighborhoods that have gone to he11 because clown houses start springing up and bankrupt hospitals do not in any way benefit the US. Anyone who thinks they do is a fool.
As you stated.

Old 08-24-2008, 11:47 AM

1,818 posts, read 2,735,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Wow! Talk about backtracking. I read your 'original' post (late last night) where you admonished chey2u. What happened? Did someone inform you of the posters' pro-illegal stance?

I don't think she lost any sleep over it, I do know her stance, it is the same as mine

Old 08-24-2008, 01:03 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,816,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
[/b]

I don't think she lost any sleep over it, I do know her stance, it is the same as mine
You obviously didn't when you posted your 'original' comments. You even told chey2u to check his/her sources. Every closed eye is not asleep.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or