Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 10:33 AM

3,326 posts, read 5,340,701 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by r601020 View Post
I've heard these stories before, "Oh, the poor Americans, snared along with illegal aliens". Well . . if people hang out with criminals and then complain about getting arrested, it's a reach to be sympathetic. The politically correct are capable of it, but for some reason, I'm not. It's guilt by association.

Had they done their civic duty, they would've reported the illegal aliens to the proper authorities.

So the citizens should go around asking for Citizenship prrof from others?

lol yes ok.

I hope those caught in these nazi raids are on their way to sue for billions dont see why they can't as its pure rascism because they look a certain way they are arrested.

This will help stop these illegal raids
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2008, 10:39 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,556,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achury View Post
You can be loyal to both Mexico first than America second
You certainly can, and many in fact do this. OR, you can be loyal to Mexico first, your ethnic group second, and America third....that's another way you could go...ON the OTHER hand, still others will choose the route of being loyal to their ethnic group first, Mexico second, and see no need for any loyalty to the US at ALL....particularly because the US itself tells them they don't "have to" be loyal...

There's all KINDS of ways you could go on this.....

Old 08-16-2008, 10:44 AM

638 posts, read 1,848,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
To quote the great Abraham Lincoln.

"A house divided against itself cannot stand."
ditto : Jesus, Solomon

Safe assumption it's found elsewhere in other cultures . . it's old school. The Art of War.

Old 08-16-2008, 11:00 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,748,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I'm not at all sympathetic becuase none of those mistakenly deported bothered to become American in any way except on paper and for their own ulterior motives. The want two countries -- let them have two countries, maybe they should be made to spend at least half their lives in their other country. Make "dual citizenship" be meaningful.

Quote:
Mancha recalled the words she said the immigration agents shouted during the September 2006 raid on her home. She was 15 at the time, a Mexican American, born in Texas but living in Reidsville, Ga.
"I walked around the corner from the hallway and saw a tall man reach toward his gun and look straight at me," Mancha, now 17, said in a thick Southern accent. "My heart just dropped."
Sure sounds american to me.
Quote:

At the same hearing in February, Mike Graves, a U.S. citizen who has worked at a Swift meatpacking plant in Marshalltown, Iowa, for 21 years, testified that he was swept up in a 2006 raid "that felt like an attack."
Quote:
An African American worker said in a hearing that he was handcuffed and detained for hours without food and water during a raid on an Iowa meatpacking plant in 2006.
At least read the story before you start making ignorant and baseless assumptions like you always do.

Old 08-16-2008, 11:01 AM

Quote:
So the citizens should go around asking for Citizenship prrof from others?
Whether or not you agree with it, as far as the IRS is concerned, the burden of proof is on the taxpayer . . the burden of proof, therefore, should be on the illegal aliens.
Quote:
I hope those caught in these nazi raids are on their way to sue for billions dont see why they can't as its pure rascism because they look a certain way they are arrested.
You are more than welcome to write Immigration and Customs Enforcement and ask about their affiliations with the Nazi Political Party, or why be shy . . go make a public accusation. Frankly, I find your argument as assinine as laws prohibiting TSA to only being able to search a percentage of suspicious Muslims at an airport.

By the way, racism, in English, is spelled differently.

Old 08-16-2008, 12:42 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Quote:
ditto : Jesus, Solomon

Safe assumption it's found elsewhere in other cultures . . it's old school. The Art of War.
Actually, Jesus words were "Be hot or cold, dont be lukewarm. I'll spit you out of my mouth." Kinda had a point, didn't he?

Old 08-16-2008, 12:47 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,749,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
At least read the story before you start making ignorant and baseless assumptions like you always do.
Whoa, that's the pot calling the kettle black!

Old 08-16-2008, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
Actually, Jesus words were "Be hot or cold, dont be lukewarm. I'll spit you out of my mouth." Kinda had a point, didn't he?
Actually . .

Matthew 12:25
And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand.
Mark 3:24
And if a kingdom be divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand.
Mark 3:25
And if a house be divided against itself, that house cannot stand.
Luke 11:17
But he, knowing their thoughts, said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and a house divided against a house falleth.

Old school . . nothing new under the sun. Jesus didn't make it up.

Last edited by r601020; 08-16-2008 at 04:27 PM..

Old 08-16-2008, 05:07 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,093,784 times
Quote:
Actually . .

Matthew 12:25
And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand.
Mark 3:24
And if a kingdom be divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand.
Mark 3:25
And if a house be divided against itself, that house cannot stand.
Luke 11:17
But he, knowing their thoughts, said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and a house divided against a house falleth.

Old school . . nothing new under the sun. Jesus didn't make it up.
Do you really believe that Jesus would condone how the undocumented
people are being treated? Where in his scriptures does he say that the Mexican people are not as good or worthy than the Americans?

Old 08-16-2008, 06:23 PM

1,083 posts, read 2,293,082 times
Quote:
You can be loyal to both Mexico first than America second
If only we could put you as the face of what the pro-illegal movement is all about. We could bring millions more into the fold to fight against illegal immigrants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration