U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 12:58 AM

795 posts, read 2,037,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achury View Post

I hope those caught in these nazi raids

This will help stop these illegal raids
And then, some time later, rumors of "the raids" surfaced. It seemed that, in addition to humiliating Jews by destroying their livelihoods, making them clean city streets on hands and knees, beating them up in broad daylight, or arresting them willy nilly, armed Germans were combing apartment houses in an organized manner. Many Jews, sometimes entire families, were said to be arrested, and carted off to who knew where.It seemed as if the raiders knew exactly where to look, down to the house or apartment number. But these sweeps were only rumors to us, of which there were hundreds, and besides, we had more immediate problems to solve.

Surviving Austrian Anti-Semitism and a Nazi Raid

so called 'pacification' raids on towns and villages were started. The SS method of 'pacifying' a district and subdue the local population was to shoot a few hundred of its inhabitants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2008, 04:47 PM

391 posts, read 740,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Two entirely unrelated issues, Sassyone (as usual). The treatment of undocumented persons of ANY origin, by ANY nation, has no connection with the relative "worth" of Mexicans, Americans, or any other people. Illegal immigrants aren't at a disadvantage because "Jesus doesn't Love them"..they're at a disadvantage because they are violating the laws of the country in which they've chosen to live, by failing to meet its requirements. Two entirely separate issues, but nice try.

More importantly, though, (assuming anyone believes in Jesus, or gives 'two hoots' about what He said, ANYWAY....which many on this forum do NOT), Jesus said a whole LOT of things. And if he "Came Back" today, I'm pretty certain he'd be absolutely FURIOUS about a WHOLE BUNCH of things going on today....in America, in Mexico, ans elsewhere. He'd probably have a huge list of things he was 'mad' about....and my feeling is that 'treatment of illegal immigrants in the United States' might be down around item #75 on the list.

Be VERY careful of calling Jesus into the everyday way we run our society...you MIGHT not like what He has to say, if he shows up. (just a suggestion...I include myself as well)..
Jesus would not have these issues for sure but one thing I am sure of is he would bless the poor, meek and hungry and there is ALOT of that in Mexico and to those causing all this hatred you will feel is wrath

Old 08-19-2008, 04:53 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,174,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chey2u View Post
Jesus would not have these issues for sure but one thing I am sure of is he would bless the poor, meek and hungry and there is ALOT of that in Mexico and to those causing all this hatred you will feel is wrath
You really haven't got a clue, do you?

Old 08-19-2008, 04:56 PM

391 posts, read 740,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
Do you really believe that Jesus would condone how the undocumented
people are being treated? Where in his scriptures does he say that the Mexican people are not as good or worthy than the Americans?
Sassy it seems obvious to me that they have written their own bible and therefor have their own God. Hate to see the wrath Christ pours out on those worshipping false Gods, not to mention the hatred they pour on the souls trying to survive. I wouldn't want to be standing next to them on judgement day

Old 08-19-2008, 04:59 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,628,664 times
Quote:
Sassy it seems obvious to me that they have written their own bible and therefor have their own God. Hate to see the wrath Christ pours out on those worshipping false Gods, not to mention the hatred they pour on the souls trying to survive. I wouldn't want to be standing next to them on judgement day
Take your religious dogma someplace else, please.

If you are that concerned about those so-called 'poor, mistreated' yada, yada, etc. illegals from SOB----------perhaps you should lay your guilt trip on the Mexican elite.

I have no sympathy for Mexico's colossal problems.

Old 08-19-2008, 05:18 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,617,384 times
Quote:
Your post isn't clear to me. I agree with you that Jesus would want the poor, the meek, and the hungry taken care of. I also agree that there is "a lot of that" in Mexico. But who, exactly, is 'causing all this hatred'? Also, in view of the fact that the US apparently takes FAR better care of Mexico's poor than Mexico does, who, exactly, are you implying will "feel (h)is wrath"?

There are a LOT of poor people, all over the world. Does Jesus love ALL of them, or just poor Mexicans? The US takes pretty good care of 'the hungry' in many places...does Jesus' 'wrath' extend to ALL nations, or does He just have a special anger toward the United States....and hold the United States uniquely accountable?

Please explain..

Old 08-19-2008, 06:06 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,735,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Take your religious dogma someplace else, please.

If you are that concerned about those so-called 'poor, mistreated' yada, yada, etc. illegals from SOB----------perhaps you should lay your guilt trip on the Mexican elite.

I have no sympathy for Mexico's colossal problems.
I guess if you don't like it, don't read it...very easy

Old 08-19-2008, 06:16 PM

16,092 posts, read 35,788,600 times
Jesus also said to follow the laws - remember "render unto Caesar"?

Old 08-19-2008, 06:19 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,711,852 times
Quote:
There is a Religion Forum if you wish to discuss your religious beliefs. This is not the place for it. If you keep it up long enough, the moderators will move the whole thread there for you.

Old 08-19-2008, 06:23 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,816,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Your post isn't clear to me. I agree with you that Jesus would want the poor, the meek, and the hungry taken care of. I also agree that there is "a lot of that" in Mexico. But who, exactly, is 'causing all this hatred'? Also, in view of the fact that the US apparently takes FAR better care of Mexico's poor than Mexico does, who, exactly, are you implying will "feel (h)is wrath"?

There are a LOT of poor people, all over the world. Does Jesus love ALL of them, or just poor Mexicans? The US takes pretty good care of 'the hungry' in many places...does Jesus' 'wrath' extend to ALL nations, or does He just have a special anger toward the United States....and hold the United States uniquely accountable?

Please explain..
Excellent questions. However, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a response.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or