U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 06:46 PM

638 posts, read 1,638,164 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chey2u View Post
Jesus would not have these issues for sure but one thing I am sure of is he would bless the poor, meek and hungry and there is ALOT of that in Mexico and to those causing all this hatred you will feel is wrath
". . lemme see a little wrath! Smite me, O mighty smiter!
-- Bruce Almighty (2003)

We have ALOT of poor, meek, and hungry in this country too, but unfortunately, we have ALOT of people infected with that plague of stupidity called political correctness, who think it's perfectly sensible to solve everybody else's problems in the world before our own.

"And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? "
-- Jesus the Jew

And when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, "Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did?"
But he (Jesus the Jew) turned, and rebuked them, and said, "Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of."

Or were you referring to the wrath of Mexico? Sorry, I get confused when people use words like "wrath" and mighty smiter stuff . . please clarify.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2008, 07:52 PM

11,435 posts, read 15,946,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
Do you really believe that Jesus would condone how the undocumented
people are being treated? Where in his scriptures does he say that the Mexican people are not as good or worthy than the Americans?
Did they mention the united states & mexico in the bible? i don't think so. you are right yet again, sassy>

Old 08-19-2008, 07:56 PM

4,800 posts, read 7,689,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r601020 View Post
". . lemme see a little wrath! Smite me, O mighty smiter!
-- Bruce Almighty (2003)

We have ALOT of poor, meek, and hungry in this country too, but unfortunately, we have ALOT of people infected with that plague of stupidity called political correctness, who think it's perfectly sensible to solve everybody else's problems in the world before our own.

"And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? "
-- Jesus the Jew

And when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, "Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did?"
But he (Jesus the Jew) turned, and rebuked them, and said, "Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of."

Or were you referring to the wrath of Mexico? Sorry, I get confused when people use words like "wrath" and mighty smiter stuff . . please clarify.
Terrific post! Wish I could rep you but I have to spread the love.

Old 08-19-2008, 08:10 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chey2u View Post
Jesus would not have these issues for sure but one thing I am sure of is he would bless the poor, meek and hungry and there is ALOT of that in Mexico and to those causing all this hatred you will feel is wrath
Mexico is actually not a poor country. The fact that so many of it's citizens are very poor is the fault of Mexicans, not us who have a more just society.

Maybe Jesus would like to see a Mexican stand up and work for justice for his people in their own country.

Illegal immigration is actually a very selfish act. It benefits the larger society not at all, the illegal gets out, often abandoning his children in order to do so, breaks many laws and commits fraud and theft to come here, pays organized crime rings to help smuggle him over.

What good does any of that do the rest? The illegal may or may not send money back to his family -- and if he does it just creates inflation that harms those who aren't getting remittance money.

Also as long as everyone is just packing up planning to head into the USA, no one is working for reforms or long overdue change. No one is trying to end corruption, no one is working to improve a damn thing. Illegal immigration is nothing but every man for himself.

Old 08-19-2008, 08:25 PM

23,004 posts, read 31,957,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Mexico is actually not a poor country. The fact that so many of it's citizens are very poor is the fault of Mexicans, not us who have a more just society.

Maybe Jesus would like to see a Mexican stand up and work for justice for his people in their own country.

Illegal immigration is actually a very selfish act. It benefits the larger society not at all, the illegal gets out, often abandoning his children in order to do so, breaks many laws and commits fraud and theft to come here, pays organized crime rings to help smuggle him over.

What good does any of that do the rest? The illegal may or may not send money back to his family -- and if he does it just creates inflation that harms those who aren't getting remittance money.

Also as long as everyone is just packing up planning to head into the USA, no one is working for reforms or long overdue change. No one is trying to end corruption, no one is working to improve a damn thing. Illegal immigration is nothing but every man for himself.
It may not be on topic, but my church's youth group just got back from Mexico. Yes, they did the job that most pro-illegals wont do and went to Mexico and actually tried to make a difference. Most of them did not speak english and they still went to Mexico to attack the problems that cause Mexican illegal immigration.

I wish pro-illegals would go to the countries that most illegals come from and try to improve life there instead of interfereing with life here at our expense.

Old 08-19-2008, 09:27 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,734,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
It may not be on topic, but my church's youth group just got back from Mexico. Yes, they did the job that most pro-illegals wont do and went to Mexico and actually tried to make a difference. Most of them did not speak english and they still went to Mexico to attack the problems that cause Mexican illegal immigration.

I wish pro-illegals would go to the countries that most illegals come from and try to improve life there instead of interfereing with life here at our expense.
wow, maybe your church group is there when our chuch group is there
Our groups take turns going down there. so there is a group there 6 days of the week.

Old 08-19-2008, 09:34 PM

3,172 posts, read 5,995,777 times
Quote:

Man, why do charity if youre going to gloat over it? lol.

And you dont know what people do or don't do, so easy on the speculation.

Old 08-20-2008, 03:35 AM

23,004 posts, read 31,957,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post

And you dont know what people do or don't do, so easy on the speculation.
Okay how many of your pro-illegal friends actually make the commitment to go to Mexico, El Salvador, Honduras, etc? I dont hear of many US-born pro-illegals actually going to these poor foreign countries to help improve conditions. I believe that would be more effective than rallying for illegals unlimited rights here in the US. BTW that rallying is falling on deafer ears.

Old 08-20-2008, 07:37 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times
Quote:

Very good point. Just like all the Mexican protestors who protest at the drop of a hat here but won't do a thing about their beloved patria. They're so quick to pull out their Mexican flags but will not take their marches to Mexico.

Old 08-20-2008, 01:02 PM

795 posts, read 2,037,024 times
Talking whos on first

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
GLOAT!! I see that you are a tad 'light' in what is written in the Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth book. God still loves you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or