U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 12:37 PM

638 posts, read 1,638,378 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chey2u View Post
. .yea they will see the wrath.
Pro-illegals and illegals are a textbook case of hypocrisy in calling people haters, bigots, and racists, etc., when the spew of hate coming from them is so severe it actually wakes people up (like me) from their coma of inactivity. Food for thought, unleashing genies with invocations of "wrath" can have unexpected consequences.

Old school stuff : be careful what you wish for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2008, 12:49 PM

13,050 posts, read 21,168,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r601020 View Post
Pro-illegals and illegals are a textbook case of hypocrisy in calling people haters, bigots, and racists, etc., when the spew of hate coming from them is so severe it actually wakes people up (like me) from their coma of inactivity. Food for thought, unleashing genies with invocations of "wrath" can have unexpected consequences.

The power of Christ compels you...the power of Christ compels you...

http://www.mylifetime.com/files/imag...st-395x298.jpg

Old 08-21-2008, 01:48 PM

638 posts, read 1,638,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
The power of Christ compels you...the power of Christ compels you...
They do love their voodoo.

Human nature has far more capability of evil than any religious garbly-goo k. And it's just common sense not to unleash that in us. So whenever I hear invocations of "wrath", Valhalla, whatever, I think . . stupid is as stupid does.

Evil begets evil.

Old 08-21-2008, 03:14 PM

3,172 posts, read 5,996,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
I don't know if it's your intention, amc, but in some ways you're 'making our point' for us. Call Americans 'provincial' if you will...even 'narrow minded'. But I have to tell you, honestly, that it's my hunch that a lot of Americans just aren't too fond of the idea of 'joining forces' with a country in which angry, disenfranchised citizens get so frustrated that they can "take over a military base".....do you see the point?

The question is not whether or not these Indians were 'machine-gunned' down...or whether they were able to mount a protest so strong that the 'military' was convinced to 'step aside' for the moment, and allow their base to be 'taken over'.....the point is, most Americans don't want to live in a society where this can happen at ALL, regardless of who wins or who loses.

If the American middle class can still be said to exist (and at one time it approached 85% of the total population)...and if middle class 'norms' can be called 'representative' of American values....then it's a pretty safe statement to say that, in general. the American middle class is VERY uncomfortable with the idea of expressing itself, and of securing change, by means of noisy, sometimes violent 'street demonstrations'. However, anyone who takes this to mean the American middle class doesn't 'care', is badly mistaken.

Quite frankly, amc, the American middle class finds such demonstrations as those you describe to be just a little 'scary'.....maybe a little 'third world'...and honestly, not something "we'd" want to see on a regular basis, in "our" neighborhood.

To add to my point, I'd say the American middle class may be somewhat tolerant of noisy, racous, contentious demonstrations in 'our' streets, if it was understood that these were foreigners protesting conditions 'back home'. These can be annoying, but at least are tolerable. (The "Armenian genocide" protests...the "Shah of Iran" protests...and the "free Tibet" marches come to mind)...But when these 'upheavals' in OUR streets are perceived to be 'foreigners' protesting against the US itself, and by their unhappiness with conditions here, then it's very hard for 'middle class minds' to be understanding. Some middle-class people may even come to feel, in their hearts, that "if they're THAT unhappy here, why don't they LEAVE ?" It may be a 'middle class' way of looking at things, but that's what we think.

As I said, you can call that 'stuffy' if you want. Just giving you a possible explanation of 'what is'....

Skimming through your post quickly, I'll say this:
My post was to show that the Mexican people aren't just lying still, being too lazy or scared to speak up for themselves like everyone suggests.

Mexico will improve, but that kind of thing doesn't happen overnight. When that happens, you'll see less illegal immigration to the U.S.

Old 08-21-2008, 03:51 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,617,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
My post was to show that the Mexican people aren't just lying still, being too lazy or scared to speak up for themselves like everyone suggests.

Mexico will improve, but that kind of thing doesn't happen overnight. When that happens, you'll see less illegal immigration to the U.S.
That's encouraging news, and I'm sure most people on this forum look forward to that day. Meanwhile, it might be nice if some of the Mexicans temporarily 'sitting it out' here, would spend more time showing their anger, resentment, and disapproval of the conditions back in Mexico which caused them to leave....and LESS time showing their anger, resentment, and disapproval of the people of the US....who may not be perfect, but have certainly provided a 'haven' where these disenfranchised Mexicans could come for a 'time out'.....and even though they're not fully legal, they're apparently a whole lot better off than they were at home. Just a LITTLE appreciation would work wonders.

Old 08-21-2008, 04:03 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,628,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post

Even if Mexico does not improve-------there will be less illegal immigration due to sterner law enforcement.

Old 08-21-2008, 08:53 PM

391 posts, read 740,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I don’t know who your god is, and really don’t care. However, the God I know, condemns lying, cheating, and stealing. He also punishes those who disobey His laws. As a matter of fact, He chastises those He loves. Perhaps your god condones such acts; which would explain why you are such an apologist for illegal aliens.
I never said to be an apologist for illegal aliens. Maybe you hear voices in your head. I agree to the problem just not the hate that kills mames or causes harm to those in desperate need. Seems to me people make up their mind too quickly about things without knowing all the facts of intents. I do not cheat or lie or steal or do others harm. My God does not condone hate or false witness.

Old 08-21-2008, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r601020 View Post

so I am a witch now? hahahaha

Old 08-21-2008, 09:08 PM

[quote=malamute;4923271]Mexico is actually not a poor country. The fact that so many of it's citizens are very poor is the fault of Mexicans, not us who have a more just society.

Maybe Jesus would like to see a Mexican stand up and work for justice for his people in their own country.

Illegal immigration is actually a very selfish act. It benefits the larger society not at all, the illegal gets out, often abandoning his children in order to do so, breaks many laws and commits fraud and theft to come here, pays organized crime rings to help smuggle him over.

What good does any of that do the rest? The illegal may or may not send money back to his family -- and if he does it just creates inflation that harms those who aren't getting remittance money.

Are you wanting them fighting the revolutionaries and carring on a war for ions like in Guatemala. Is that what you're saying? I am sick of war it seems no one wants peace.

Old 08-21-2008, 09:40 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,628,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chey2u View Post
I never said to be an apologist for illegal aliens. Maybe you hear voices in your head. I agree to the problem just not the hate that kills mames or causes harm to those in desperate need. Seems to me people make up their mind too quickly about things without knowing all the facts of intents. I do not cheat or lie or steal or do others harm. My God does not condone hate or false witness.
Be careful with the personal attacks there.

Read the ToS, please.

BTW: I will report any more of your derogatory comments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or