Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2008, 10:21 AM

7,025 posts, read 11,404,509 times

Advertisements

The Los Angeles City Council unanimously approved an ordinance yesterday that will require new big-box home improvement stores built in the future to provide illegal alien day laborers with shelter, drinking water, bathrooms and trash cans. This ordinance would mandate that all proposed retail outlets fitting the description would receive conditional-use permits requiring them to construct day-labor centers adjacent to their facilities to accommodate the illegal alien laborers routinely attracted to loiter near these business establishments.

Councilman Bernard C. Parks, who first proposed the ordinance four years ago, said that this was just the first phase and that he planned to address existing home improvement stores next. He stated that the businesses needed to be held accountable for their role in attracting day workers.

Los Angeles City Councilman Eric Garcetti stated that “This is an example for the nation.”

FUNGAZI.COM » Blog Archive » Los Angeles City Council Approves Illegal Alien Harboring Ordinance

Sounds more like they are holding the taxpayers hostage and accountable for the illegal alien scum that has no right to be here.

If the citizens of California don't rise up and make some noise, they deserve to be over-run.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2008, 10:23 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,118,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
The Los Angeles City Council unanimously approved an ordinance yesterday that will require new big-box home improvement stores built in the future to provide illegal alien day laborers with shelter, drinking water, bathrooms and trash cans. This ordinance would mandate that all proposed retail outlets fitting the description would receive conditional-use permits requiring them to construct day-labor centers adjacent to their facilities to accommodate the illegal alien laborers routinely attracted to loiter near these business establishments.

Councilman Bernard C. Parks, who first proposed the ordinance four years ago, said that this was just the first phase and that he planned to address existing home improvement stores next. He stated that the businesses needed to be held accountable for their role in attracting day workers.

Los Angeles City Councilman Eric Garcetti stated that “This is an example for the nation.”

FUNGAZI.COM » Blog Archive » Los Angeles City Council Approves Illegal Alien Harboring Ordinance

Sounds more like they are holding the taxpayers hostage and accountable for the illegal alien scum that has no right to be here.

If the citizens of California don't rise up and make some noise, they deserve to be over-run.
As you stated

Old 08-17-2008, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
As you stated
This is what happens when you elect anchor babies and actors to office.

Chicago has a multitude of whiney, racist anchor babies in their city counsel. For a while mayor Daley was their puppet. Then the gang and murder rates began to soar, graffitti started covering ever inch of wall space and a few downtown office buildings and his dream of benefitting from the illegal alien cheap labor once he obtained the 2016 Olympics began to become his worst nightmare. Chicago now faces the reality that their IA cheap labor and sanctuary status is not worth the expense or the aggravation. It's gotten so bad there in the last year that Chicago went from being on the top of the 100 Best Cities to Live list to being totally removed.

Old 08-17-2008, 10:38 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,747,161 times
I don't know why anyone would expect common sense and/or logical actions from Los Angeles--sanctuary city deluxe, home to Mayor Antonio "We clean your toliets" Villareconquista. This seems par for the course from Los Angeles--one of the biggest reasons I got the h*ll out of that pit.

Old 08-17-2008, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
I don't know why anyone would expect common sense and/or logical actions from Los Angeles--sanctuary city deluxe, home to Mayor Antonio "We clean your toliets" Villareconquista. This seems par for the course from Los Angeles--one of the biggest reasons I got the h*ll out of that pit.
Good for you. A friend of mine and her husband walked away from a million-plus dollar home in LA. It's been on the market for almost a year with no takers. They couldn't take it anymore either.

I left Chicago 2 decades ago. Unfortunately, I still work downtown, in walking distance of the State of Illinois building which houses many government entities, including the welfare office. I am forced to endure the nausea I feel when I see hordes of them walking down the streets with 3 toddlers and one in route while mindlessly chattering in espanol. I guess being here illegally, perpetually breeding and collecting welfare qualifies them for "doing the jobs Americans won't do."

Old 08-17-2008, 11:00 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,323,302 times
Quote:
This is what happens when you elect anchor babies and actors to office.

Chicago has a multitude of whiney, racist anchor babies in their city counsel. For a while mayor Daley was their puppet. Then the gang and murder rates began to soar, graffitti started covering ever inch of wall space and a few downtown office buildings and his dream of benefitting from the illegal alien cheap labor once he obtained the 2016 Olympics began to become his worst nightmare. Chicago now faces the reality that their IA cheap labor and sanctuary status is not worth the expense or the aggravation. It's gotten so bad there in the last year that Chicago went from being on the top of the 100 Best Cities to Live list to being totally removed.

That is a real shame. I was in Chicago a long time ago while participating in nationals for my cross country team in Wisconsin. After the race-we had a blast in Chicago. We ate all of the great food Chicago has to offer, went to a Jazz club, went window shopping, went to a park etc. I am glad I was able to witness it back then and have a good experience. It is a shame what this illegal invasion has done to the character of our big cities, our towns and even some rural areas.

Old 08-17-2008, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
[/b]

That is a real shame. I was in Chicago a long time ago while participating in nationals for my cross country team in Wisconsin. After the race-we had a blast in Chicago. We ate all of the great food Chicago has to offer, went to a Jazz club, went window shopping, went to a park etc. I am glad I was able to witness it back then and have a good experience. It is a shame what this illegal invasion has done to the character of our big cities, our towns and even some rural areas.
It's a disgrace. The black and latino gangs are killing each other on a regular basis. There was a shoot out this year at 'Taste of Chicago'. When the clock strikes 5, I get the hell out of dodge.

This is becoming a regular occurrence:

Quote:
Bloody Weekend: 32 Shot, 2 Stabbed, 6 Dead
Quote:

CHICAGO (CBS) ― A violent and deadly weekend continues in Chicago. At least 12 people have been shot, two of them killed, since Saturday morning. Two others were stabbed in a home invasion. This comes after at least 20 people were shot, four of them killed, from Friday night through early Saturday.
Quote:
Those of us who have always wondered what happens to all those “stray bullets” we see in movies, on television and in news reports now have at least one answer.
Complete link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wCmXZTWHhs
Tantalizing Excerpt:
There was a gang shootout after the Taste of Chicago fireworks display on July 3rd 2008. This video shows where the bullet entered and exited our hotel room.

http://johnjacobh.wordpress.com/2008...cago-shootout/

Old 08-17-2008, 11:23 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,118,218 times
Quote:
It's a disgrace. The black and latino gangs are killing each other on a regular basis. There was a shoot out this year at 'Taste of Chicago'. When the clock strikes 5, I get the hell out of dodge.

This is becoming a regular occurrence:
And; that coming from a Black woman is a damning indictment

Old 08-17-2008, 11:45 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Apparently, Los Angeles must be h^&$bent on being the first major US city to totally destroy itself.

Los Angeles- A shining example of what a sanctuary city at its best will become.

Old 08-17-2008, 12:19 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,993,162 times
Quote:

The city council was duped on this one. i doubt that there is any more room to build another home improvement complex in the city of los angeles. Ppl that have never lived in los angeles don't necessarily know that for a long time, we had to drive MANY miles to find a target store, home depot, IKEA, etc. there is just not that much land avbl for these businesses to build, unless they build very smartly. los angeles area (like most other major metro areas) is made up of incorporated, independent cities that border COLA itself. i think that the home depots, lowes would be smart enough to avoid building in COLA and build in one of these adjacent communities that don't have these burdensome requirements.
what COLA council did is a good way to lose more future revenue base.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration