U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2008, 08:19 PM

638 posts, read 1,640,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Roseann Pulido. She is very active in the area Minutemen. And she calls things exactly as she sees them.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2008, 08:19 PM

1,083 posts, read 2,062,613 times
Hispanics won't be unified enough to perpetuate an all out race war against the rest of the races. In fact, I see racial/ethnic skirmishes happening more within the Hispanic/Latino/Mexican communities as Latinos and Hispanics will become acculturated and thrive while Mexicans who will outnumber these groups by far will remain at the bottom for years to come due to lack of acculteration. I really don't think there will be anything for the other races to be concerned about.

Old 08-17-2008, 08:21 PM

3,368 posts, read 10,295,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdonaldson View Post
It's been noted that some, if not many, illegal Mexican and Central American migrants who arrive in the US are so spoiled with government benefits that they are not likely to integrate into American society. Combined with the facts that the American Hispanic population will increase immensely overtime and become a majority in some areas of the country, I'm beginning to wonder this: Will race skirmishes become a daily occurrence in the future in perhaps 80 to 100 years from now?

Will we end up seeing Hispanic Americans fighting Black and White Americans over territory and over how the federal and state governments should treat certain racial issues? Will a cultural division between Hispanics and Blacks & Whites eventually turn America into a racial war zone?

I honestly believe that this scenario is inevitable in the future.
This is yet again an example of someone trying to equate illegal immigration with "Hispanics" and then with race.

Many Puerto Ricans in the NE US are mixed white and black and live in neighborhoods with both of these groups. I don't see much of a problem there.

Many Mexicans in the SW US are mixed white and Amerindian and live in neighborhoods with significant presence of (non-Hispanic) whites. I don't see much of a problem there, except in a few poor areas occupied by both Mexicans and blacks.

Many Cubans and South Americans in FL are white and live in neighborhoods with significant presence of (non-Hispanic) whites. I don't see much of a problem there.

This is not to mention the Hispanics in New York and California who live among thousands of Asians. I just don't see much of a problem there.

Where will these racially motivated bloodbaths take place? Only in the minds of those of you who actually believe that this whole debate is about race. There will be a few outlier exceptions, but certainly not the doomsday scenario "rule" scenario that you propose!

Last edited by Marlin331; 08-17-2008 at 08:56 PM..

Old 08-17-2008, 08:57 PM

4,800 posts, read 7,700,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r601020 View Post
I've counted 10 Hispanics who are against illegals.

1) a Cuban spoken with in Phoenix
1) a Puerto Rican spoken with in New York City
2) from "you don't speak for me" website
2) from this forum
1) Jose Feliciano (hearsay)
1) in case I missed somebody

Dang, that's only 8 . . I thought it was 10.
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Roseann Pulido. She is very active in the area Minutemen. And she calls things exactly as she sees them.
How about Al Garza, Executive Director of the Minuteman Civil Defense Corps?

Old 08-17-2008, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
There are many people who belong to "You Don't Speak For Me" so you hit your quota and then some!
It's not a "quota" Kele . . just a count. Started a year ago when a Cuban woman told me she despised illegal aliens.

At the moment, there is overwhelming proof Hispanics do "not" see illegal aliens as "illegal aliens", especially if the illegal aliens are Hispanic, which is endorsing a completely subjective application of law, and entirely -- racist. Regardless of their different reasonings in favor of this position, they are willing to dismiss any consequences of the invasion of our borders, especially if the illegal aliens are Hispanic.

Hypocrisy is evident, because were illegals different in nationality, they would, I'm sure, have a completely different stance. It's a slap in the face to anyone American, to listen to the Hispanic community at large promote : "I am Hispanic first, then I am American". And I don't care how they say it, that still comes out the same, it's crap!

Animosity
a feeling of strong dislike, ill will, or enmity that tends to display itself in action.

Pretty much sums up what the Hispanic community at large has cultivated. I'm open to changing my opinion, so I'm counting. Facts . . not hearsay, will do it.

These are the names I pulled from "you don't speak for me" website, I already had 2 of them. Are there more?

Carmen Morales
Mariann S. Davies, Esq
Miguel Cruz
Col. Al Rodriguez
Mariann Davies
Claudia Spencer
Justin Rangel
Maria Chojnowski

Last edited by r601020; 08-17-2008 at 09:15 PM..

Old 08-17-2008, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
How about Al Garza, Executive Director of the Minuteman Civil Defense Corps?

thanks.

Old 08-17-2008, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r601020 View Post
It's not a "quota" Kele . . just a count. Started a year ago when a Cuban woman told me she despised illegal aliens.

At the moment, there is overwhelming proof Hispanics do "not" see illegal aliens as "illegal aliens", especially if the illegal aliens are Hispanic, which is endorsing a completely subjective application of law, and entirely -- racist. Regardless of their different reasonings in favor of this position, they are willing to dismiss any consequences of the invasion of our borders, especially if the illegal aliens are Hispanic.

Their hypocrisy is evident, because were illegals different in nationality, they would, I'm sure, have a completely different stance. It's a slap in the face to anyone American, to listen to the Hispanic community at large promote : "I am Hispanic first, then I am American". And I don't care how they say it, that still comes out the same, crap!

Animosity
a feeling of strong dislike, ill will, or enmity that tends to display itself in action.

Pretty much sums up what the Hispanic community at large has cultivated.

I'm open to changing my opinion, so I'm counting. Facts . . not hearsay, will change my opinion.

These are the names I pulled from "you don't speak for me" website, I already had 2 of them. Are there more?

Carmen Morales
Mariann S. Davies, Esq
Miguel Cruz
Col. Al Rodriguez
Mariann Davies
Claudia Spencer
Justin Rangel
Maria Chojnowski
Yeah, see above.

Old 08-17-2008, 09:35 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,502,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prim2007 View Post
Hispanics won't be unified enough to perpetuate an all out race war against the rest of the races. In fact, I see racial/ethnic skirmishes happening more within the Hispanic/Latino/Mexican communities as Latinos and Hispanics will become acculturated and thrive while Mexicans who will outnumber these groups by far will remain at the bottom for years to come due to lack of acculteration. I really don't think there will be anything for the other races to be concerned about.
Don't see it happening at all. Mexicans are integrated already in South Florida and NY with others from Latin America. The only place I can see this possibly happening is on the West Coast and Texas, but I highly doubt it as already many Puerto Ricans are in San Diego married to Mexicans. You may want to believe what you say, but I am telling you it just isn't true, even Cubans who have seemed to win the respect of White Americans are integrating with Mexicans.

You know Mexicans do acculturate, you should not base your entire knowledge of Mexicans on what you know from watching illegals who are from very poor areas of Mexico.

It's really unfortunate that you have not met enough American Mexicans that have acculturated, it seems you have a very bad impression. If you think all Mexicans are happy being low, perhaps you should head to the Mexico forum and see for yourself that all is not that way.

Last edited by Mach50; 08-17-2008 at 10:23 PM..

Old 08-17-2008, 10:00 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,635,197 times
I certainly HOPE racial skirmishes don't become common...my kids and grandkids would have to start BEATING THEMSELVES up !....and that doesn't sound fun at ALL....

Old 08-17-2008, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
I certainly HOPE racial skirmishes don't become common...my kids and grandkids would have to start BEATING THEMSELVES up !....and that doesn't sound fun at ALL....
Yeah, mine too.

That would certainly blow the h*ll out of our "one big, happy family" motto.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration