U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2008, 08:15 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,176,765 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
I dont know much about the North American Union with its Ameros and all that hysteria.
But what about it scares you guys so much?
Is it supposed to be our version of the EU? How has Europe been destroyed by the Euro and the EU?
You may think it's 'hysteria', but what it actually is is an over-riding concern for the sovereignty of our nation. If you don't think that's possible look at what the EU has done to the sovereignty of IT'S nation-states...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2008, 08:19 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,650,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisp444 View Post
Whoaaaaah - I didn't like the part about Spanish language.
Then Mexico would be wise in staying independent

Old 08-18-2008, 08:35 PM

10,479 posts, read 13,517,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Damn, karfar! I got an infraction just for calling someone an idiot !
No worries, that happened to me once too!

Old 08-18-2008, 08:54 PM

349 posts, read 574,121 times
Quote:
I dont know much about the North American Union with its Ameros and all that hysteria.
Is it supposed to be our version of the EU? How has Europe been destroyed by the Euro and the EU?
To me it has nothing to do with immigrants per sec, as they are in the same boat we all are in. It has to do with losing any semblance of control over our economic destiny. I don't know if there is a formal plan for a NAU, but the multinationals are moving in that direction - making us all economic serfs under their dominion.

Old 08-18-2008, 08:59 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,220,459 times
Quote:
Why don't you read up on "NAFTA and the Super Highway" so you can get an idea of what parts and just how much of this country will be elimunated. And all for the benefit of who.StopSmartPortHome

Old 08-18-2008, 09:21 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,176,765 times
Here's a look at their planned NAFTA Super-highway...

It's imagined to be 300 yards wide with 6 lanes in each direction, separate truck lanes, oil and gas pipelines in the median and a SOVEREIGN Mexican SmartPort in Kansas City!

Welcome to the NAU... Got Ameros???

Old 08-18-2008, 10:18 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,715,030 times
Quote:
I could see a union between Canada and the US. I can think of no benefit at all to either the US or Canada entering into a union with Mexico. It is not difficult to deduce who would be the winner in such a scenario (Mexico can dump all it's poor and undeucated on the US and Canada- hooray!) and who would be the losers (the US and Canada).
Anytime you enter into any kind of deal you have to stop and ask yourself, "What's in it for me?". If this deal offers no benefits at all to you or the benefits are outweighed by the negative consequences then it is not a good idea to go ahead with the arrangement. I can think of no way that a union that obliterates the borders between the US and Mexico would be anything other than an unmitigated disaster.

Old 08-19-2008, 12:24 AM

13,387 posts, read 16,220,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
I could see a union between Canada and the US. I can think of no benefit at all to either the US or Canada entering into a union with Mexico. It is not difficult to deduce who would be the winner in such a scenario (Mexico can dump all it's poor and undeucated on the US and Canada- hooray!) and who would be the losers (the US and Canada).
Anytime you enter into any kind of deal you have to stop and ask yourself, "What's in it for me?". If this deal offers no benefits at all to you or the benefits are outweighed by the negative consequences then it is not a good idea to go ahead with the arrangement. I can think of no way that a union that obliterates the borders between the US and Mexico would be anything other than an unmitigated disaster.
Well said.

Old 08-19-2008, 12:37 AM

1,083 posts, read 2,061,354 times
Quote:
Agree with you as usual Andreabeth but I have to wait before I can give you another Rep.

Old 08-19-2008, 05:31 AM

3,640 posts, read 4,312,373 times
Quote:
Of course there is no benefit at all to our country with a union with Mexico. Mexico wants it because they want what we have. They are not willing to develop their country into what it could be because then they might have to give the Mestizos and Indians some real rights and freedoms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or