U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2009, 03:10 PM

2,075 posts, read 1,773,603 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
At one point, a large part of the United States wanted to become independent, and they STILL wave their flags around(ps..im not talking about the southwest, and the flag isn't that of Mexico).

But the U.S. seems to be doing fine, and so does Canada.
Not even possible you are refering to the Civil war is it? If you think the U.S. is doing fine its obvious you must not be watching very close.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2009, 03:13 PM

435 posts, read 536,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
My child prefers to learn French, thanks.
That is really going to help him or her in the job market get for real.

Old 04-06-2009, 03:39 PM

8,649 posts, read 14,870,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Order View Post
That is really going to help him or her in the job market get for real.
Maybe her child is going to work in France...

And if I had had to know spanish to hold my job, well I guess I'd been unemployed first. I'll learn a second language because I want to not because I have to in my country.

Old 04-06-2009, 03:43 PM

1,636 posts, read 2,898,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwebbster View Post
Not even possible you are refering to the Civil war is it? If you think the U.S. is doing fine its obvious you must not be watching very close.
What am I missing?

Old 04-06-2009, 04:56 PM

8,180 posts, read 11,033,451 times
Quote:
At one point, a large part of the United States wanted to become independent, and they STILL wave their flags around(ps..im not talking about the southwest, and the flag isn't that of Mexico).

And...how many people died during the civil war? The Souths economy was left in ruins, societal structure was destroyed leaving room for the KKK to be born. And while they do wave their flags, you don't have their congressional representatives planning to secede. I understand that US history is probably not as near and dear to your heart as other histories, but still I am surprised you didn't know this.

Nonetheless, you didn't address the real point which is that without a unifying language a country is more apt to fragment as it does not have common ground. And to risk the US turning into two nations such as with Canada and Quebec all because illegal immigrants and their apologists as well as legal Spanish speaking immigrants are too stupid, too entitled and/or too stubborn to learn English is the height of folly.

But then it probably makes a lot of sense in a third world kind of way, no?

Old 04-06-2009, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
And...how many people died during the civil war? The Souths economy was left in ruins, societal structure was destroyed leaving room for the KKK to be born. And while they do wave their flags, you don't have their congressional representatives planning to secede. I understand that US history is probably not as near and dear to your heart as other histories, but still I am surprised you didn't know this.

Nonetheless, you didn't address the real point which is that without a unifying language a country is more apt to fragment as it does not have common ground. And to risk the US turning into two nations such as with Canada and Quebec all because illegal immigrants and their apologists as well as legal Spanish speaking immigrants are too stupid, too entitled and/or too stubborn to learn English is the height of folly.

What are you talking about?

I don't address that point, because no language is taking over, and people are just bitching about translations being offered to newer immigrants.

Old 04-06-2009, 05:42 PM

3,640 posts, read 4,308,847 times
Quote:

LOLOLOLOLOL Only a fool would think that you even have the faintest idea about the Civil War or The War of Northern Agression. Maybe you should do some research so you wouldn't look so ignorant about such subjects. You do realize that the state of MO and KS were fighting a form of the Civil War a decade before the actual War started. Guess why? All because northerners came to the state and started trouble all because they got their noses involved in things that were none of their damn business.

Another thing...if you think our country is doing fine, then you show once again how little you really know.

Old 04-06-2009, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post

And whose fault was it that the South was left in ruins? It was not anyone in the south. It was Sherman, a damn Yankee, who decided to tortue and burn and steal everything he came across. Please try to come up with something better than your lame argument because you are another one who knows very little about that war and why it happened in the first place. Get educated. After that, stop being a damn illegal lover. Try loving your country for once in your life.

Old 04-06-2009, 05:48 PM

Quote:
What are you talking about?

I don't address that point, because no language is taking over, and people are just bitching about translations being offered to newer immigrants.
That is not true, but then, with what I have seen you post just in this thread, you know very little of what you post about. We are bitching because their language is being allowed for any government business at all anywhere. On top of that there is not one damn American that should have to press any damn number to get the right person who actually speaks English. You know what? From your posts, I see more and more reasons why we homeschool our children, because the public education doesn't teach very much at all. I really wish you illegal lovers would learn how to research what you argue about before you make posts that show how uneducated about said subject matter you are.

Old 04-06-2009, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
LOLOLOLOLOL Only a fool would think that you even have the faintest idea about the Civil War or The War of Northern Agression. Maybe you should do some research so you wouldn't look so ignorant about such subjects. You do realize that the state of MO and KS were fighting a form of the Civil War a decade before the actual War started. Guess why? All because northerners came to the state and started trouble all because they got their noses involved in things that were none of their damn business.

Another thing...if you think our country is doing fine, then you show once again how little you really know.
How did I make myself look ignorant of the Civil War by bringing it up in one sentence?
If I think our country is doing fine, then I should should show once again how little I really know?
Should I try to make sense of your spazzed out posts, or should I just keep walking?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or