U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2009, 07:19 PM

8,180 posts, read 11,043,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
And whose fault was it that the South was left in ruins? It was not anyone in the south. It was Sherman, a damn Yankee, who decided to tortue and burn and steal everything he came across. Please try to come up with something better than your lame argument because you are another one who knows very little about that war and why it happened in the first place. Get educated. After that, stop being a damn illegal lover. Try loving your country for once in your life.
What in gods name are you talking about?!
Of course the South didn't destroy their cities all by their lonesomes.....it is called war and Sherman burned a swath of destruction through the South in order to win said war.
I know my history, thank you and I also sense revisionist **** when I see it --- 'war of northern agression' my azz.
And really - you think I am a 'damn illegal lover'?
Try reading a thread through
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2009, 07:25 PM

3,640 posts, read 4,312,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Of course the South didn't destroy their cities all by their lonesomes.....it is called war and Sherman burned a swath of destruction through the South in order to win said war.
I know my history, thank you and I also sense revisionist **** when I see it --- 'war of northern agression' my azz.
You have proven what I said about being uneducated. No, Sherman did not do that to win anything. In fact, most of what he did was doen after Lee signed the surrender. Please, oh please, get educated before you try to debate me. I don't like posting to uneducated oafs who think they know what they post about.

Old 04-06-2009, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Then tell me all about Missouri and the war they fought a decade before the actual war started in SC. Yeah, revisionist....all because someone knows more about the history of the Civil War than you did. Go get educated before trying to discuss this issue because you have already shown how little you know.

Old 04-06-2009, 07:30 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,654,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEFF19 View Post
Just like in canada is encourage to learn french because of a big minority that was there before the English canadians it shouldn't be a problem to encourage learning spanish in the United States.
Being that the Quebecois are; if anything, a diminishing minority in Canada due to a very low birthrate---------it would behoove them more to learn English.

Old 04-06-2009, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
And whose fault was it that the South was left in ruins? It was not anyone in the south. It was Sherman, a damn Yankee, who decided to tortue and burn and steal everything he came across. Please try to come up with something better than your lame argument because you are another one who knows very little about that war and why it happened in the first place. Get educated. After that, stop being a damn illegal lover. Try loving your country for once in your life.
Hold your horses there, please: camping! is arguably as anti illegal immigration as you or I.

Old 04-06-2009, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Hold your horses there, please: camping! is arguably as anti illegal immigration as you or I.
Ok, I will take your word for it. But he does need to learn history before making ignorant posts as he has about the Civil War.

Old 04-06-2009, 07:43 PM

Let me weigh in here concerning the Civil War:

My maternal grandmother's relatives (Terrill and Daniel) were from Orange County, Virginia and they (and by extension my people) had soldiers on at least the Confederate side. So; yes, I almost 100% certain that I can claim to be a Son of the Confederacy.

The above stated: despite what happened to Virginia and further south; I am grateful that the Union did win that war.

In all fairness: it does anger/sadden me to see so many self described Southerners still complaining about losing the Civil War----------much like many of today's Mexicans in Mexico who are still sore about losing half of their land back in 1848.

Mexicans and Southerners: get over it.............many cultures suffered far worse destruction in living memory---------and, bounced back stronger/healthier than before. If the Japanese, Germans, Italians, Jews, S Koreans, etc. can move on..............why not you guys?

Old 04-06-2009, 07:50 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,082,947 times
I really need to pick up Spanish. It would look good resume to be speak languages, esp. for marketing or public relations.

Old 04-06-2009, 08:10 PM

1,213 posts, read 1,399,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
I really need to pick up Spanish. It would look good resume to be speak languages, esp. for marketing or public relations.
Absolutely. And Spanish would look ESPECIALLY good on a pro illegal apologiser/sympathizer/enabler's resume, wouldn't it? It could open a lot of pro illegal doors.

Old 04-06-2009, 08:15 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,082,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguer View Post
Absolutely. And Spanish would look ESPECIALLY good on a pro illegal apologiser/sympathizer/enabler's resume, wouldn't it? It could open a lot of pro illegal doors.
Actually it would look good on a resume with somebody that doesn't follow blindly an ethos that has led partly to the destruction of the middle class of his own nation. Actually it would look great on a resume of somebody that tries to expand his horizons and realizes that immigration issues are not so hard and set, that there are other variables that need to be taken into consideration (IE actually knowing, a little more than a specific poster with lame attempts at wit and sarcasm). Actually knowing a THIRD language is good for somebody that realizes that internationalism is the way that business is conducted, thus being very Anglocentric is almost (not quite) outdated.

So yeah, I'd like to broaden my horizons a little more. More people should.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or